Opinions of Panasonic's BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound ???? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-16-2009, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Plan on ordering one of the new Panasonic 65 incher's, either the V10 or the S1 from Chris @ Cleveland, but one deciding factor between the two models is the on-board sound.

Reason Im asking this question is because when I get the 65 incher I want to try and not use my surround system.

The V10 specs say BBE® VIVA HD3D and Surround Sound, while the specs for the S1 just list Surround Sound.

I have never heard Panasonic's BBE VIVA HD3D sound so I have no idea if its worth the extra money or not to get the V10 over the S1 for that reason alone.

Opinions please ???

Thanks in advance
Davyo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-16-2009, 07:52 AM

Liked: 10
I have 54V10... BBE The sound is good. If I were just watching cable programming it is should be good enough... However if you are watching dvd/bluray I would recommend to use separate receiver/speaker.

Also get the V10 not for the sound, but for the looks, better PQ, 24P capability
post #3 of 7 Old 07-16-2009, 09:20 AM

I keep my BBE 3d sound off; and have since day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CragAntler
As for your kids: train them well, or buy them a Westinghouse LCD they can abuse to their heart's content.
post #4 of 7 Old 07-16-2009, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

While the latest generation may not be the same..Panasonic has had the BBE 3D (non HD) sound for some time now. I had a 27" tuber about 10-11 years ago that had it and I didn't notice much improvement over regular tv speakers. (which all pretty much suck compared to a separate receiver/speakers) I'm pretty sure that it's just a typical marketing gimmick that may provide marginally better sound than other tv speakers.

edit- as already mentioned, it will be fine for normal tv watching.

"The quickest way to get over your fear of plasma is to actually own *one"- joemama127

*or 3 :)
post #5 of 7 Old 07-16-2009, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve44 View Post

I keep my BBE 3d sound off; and have since day 1

Well that was some really helpful information

Cheers
Davyo
post #6 of 7 Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
My opinion is that all flat panel TV speakers are not adequate. What is the reason you want to try to not use your surround sound? I paid good money for my surround system and I enjoy everytime I turn on the TV.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-17-2009, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX1720 View Post

My opinion is that all flat panel TV speakers are not adequate. What is the reason you want to try to not use your surround sound? I paid good money for my surround system and I enjoy everytime I turn on the TV.

As far as all flat panel speakers not being adequate I would agree for the most part, but I would say the the on-board sound from both my past 60" Pioneer plasma's (6070 and 6020 Kuro) was not to bad.
Pioneer plasma's have a sub channel output as well and that makes a big difference.
I am still amazed that NO OTHER panel makers include a sub output.

As far as why I dont want to use my surround system,,,, Im an apartment renter, so I cant tear apart walls to hide wiring, also being an apartment dweller I get sick of complaints from my neighbors,,,,, I also like as much of a minimalist look as I can get.
I watch about 80% HD cable and only about 20% movies,,,,,a full on system is great for movies but since movie viewing is such a small part of my viewing habits I wonder sometimes if its justified.

Anyhow, those are some of the reasons I wanting to get opinons on the BBE VIVA HD3D sound quality.

Cheers
Davyo
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page