Panasonic 11G/12G/13G black levels have seemingly doubled overnight? - Page 106 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #3151 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 View Post

I say give that CSR a medal for putting up with your attitude. It sounds like you have bigger problems than a blemish on your screen. And then you act surprised when they didn't want to give you a direct line to a tech.

Attitude??? Are you serious??? You!!! You work for them!!! Did you not read that whole interaction? It sounds like you may be the one with comprehension problems. Let's take a new poll. Whoever thinks I am the one with the problems after reading that chat please post in Chad's favor, and if you think Chad needs improved reading comprehension skills, well, I will personally work on them with him if he would like providing I get enough votes in my favor. For goodness sake she couldn't find out if the freakin bezel could be removed which is a no brainer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3152 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
OK, here's what I have so far. Based just on what I skimmed in this thread for testing using Vivid mode.

54" G10, 725hrs - Vivid mode did NOT go to deep black.
42" 85u, 2700+ hrs - Vivid mode did go to deep black
42" 85u, 2750+ hrs - Vivid mode did go to deep black

Fr. John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Panasonic Plasma Break-in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3153 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangs1 View Post

Well Panasonic's official position on this is the following.

What gets me about their statements is they say the levels will change gradually over time, yet people are experiencing dramatic, overnight changes at random operation hours (and I think some have had worse IR start at the same time?) and that this is very abnormal compared to what Panasonic says happens. I know they're just trying to dismiss the issue but it seems to me that Panasonic's statements don't cover what people are experiencing and there could still be a case against them. I guess this is pretty obvious but it's been bothering me not knowing since I'd really like to get one of these TVs otherwise.
post #3154 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 05:45 PM

Ass.
post #3155 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afxtwn View Post

Attitude??? Are you serious??? You!!! You work for them!!! Did you not read that whole interaction? It sounds like you may be the one with comprehension problems. Let's take a new poll. Whoever thinks I am the one with the problems after reading that chat please post in Chad's favor, and if you think Chad needs improved reading comprehension skills, well, I will personally work on them with him if he would like providing I get enough votes in my favor. For goodness sake she couldn't find out if the freakin bezel could be removed which is a no brainer.

Dude, quit now, while you are behind.
post #3156 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 05:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 1233
Quote:

not sure if you noticed but about a half dozen people posted to comment on their severe disapproval of you, and approximately zero people thought your words or attitude were appropriate. so I am afraid you are going to lose that poll, those poor CSR's deserve better than to have to deal with crap like you gave them. you can scroll up and read those other posts if you want to know what the consensus on your behavior is

you aren't helping...

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ

post #3157 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:

I've gotten frustrated with CSR's at various companies and acted out of line (hello D*). Every time it was because I felt like they were intentionally trying to rip me off or get out of providing a service. And even then I didn't resort to name calling. It didn't even seem like you were contacting them about something that was harming you in some way. You just started ripping into her because SHE DIDN'T KNOW. Some advice that I've learned over the years. You get what you want a lot more when you are nice to people.

Oh and I vote no
post #3158 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 05:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

another no vote, it's not looking good for Ralph!

EDIT: I will summarize the voting so far below for your convenience. Being a man who obviously believes deeply in democracy, I am sure you will concede that you acted like a jerk and were totally inappropriate, and hopefully take a step back and examine the way you treat other people.

EDIT 2: It's either 11-0 or 10-1 depending how you count dchaves response. Shall we call mercy rule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 View Post

I say give that CSR a medal for putting up with your attitude. It sounds like you have bigger problems than a blemish on your screen. And then you act surprised when they didn't want to give you a direct line to a tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchaves View Post

Seems like you handled it well.......(ed. note - not sure if this is a yes vote or a facetious no vote, Ralph might just avoid the shut-out)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosekaka View Post

this borders on harrassment / time wasting mischief. looking at your other posts, you seem to have a delusional expectation of service from panasonic or any company. just because you bought their product does not entitle you to abuse the CSR's who prob cant do anything but forward your complaints higher up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster View Post

I agree this should not have happened. He should take the goddamn glass off himself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpresner View Post

agreed.. it seems as if he is a little kid or still lives at home with these comments. If I am wrong then there is something wrong with you bro. The funny thing is that when I called 2 weeks ago I had no problem speaking with a higher level tech engineer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdiab View Post

and I wonder why it gets harder and harder to get a hold of a decent CSR person.

To use your text -- it is probably due to Clueless Consumer IDIOTS that likes being rude......

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

seriously, I'm glad everyone else agrees this guy is a total d-bag. Harassing some poor CSR who is simply a trained robot is pretty classless. That CSR is going out their way to provide info, checking with engineering, and Ralph here is being a freakin' jerk. Like some CSR is going to know whether the glass panels are fused or not...

As Larry has said many times already, the CSR's can tell you NOTHING except what is on their computer screen!! STOP HARASSING THESE POOR PEOPLE WITH THEIR TERRIBLE, THANKLESS JOBS. They are just doing what they are trained to do, and they can't help you beyond opening a repair ticket, so don't take out your petty frustrations on them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmp View Post

Ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesickstan View Post

Dude, quit now, while you are behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jponte55 View Post

I've gotten frustrated with CSR's at various companies and acted out of line (hello D*). Every time it was because I felt like they were intentionally trying to rip me off or get out of providing a service. And even then I didn't resort to name calling. It didn't even seem like you were contacting them about something that was harming you in some way. You just started ripping into her because SHE DIDN'T KNOW. Some advice that I've learned over the years. You get what you want a lot more when you are nice to people.

Oh and I vote no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Who View Post

I have to vote no. She wasn't rude at all despite being baited.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #3159 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

another no vote, it's not looking good for Ralph!

Just wanted to personally thank-you you! Your Denon to English works have saved me hours!
post #3160 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 05:57 PM

I have to vote no. She wasn't rude at all despite being baited.
post #3161 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdiab View Post

and I wonder why it gets harder and harder to get a hold of a decent CSR person.

To use your text -- it is probably due to Clueless Consumer IDIOTS that likes being rude......

Okay, well if it is permitted to start calling people names on this thread then I think I may have to start hurting some people's feelings. Seriously though why do you get your panties in such a twist? That company feels that it's okay to screw with it's consumers and release that ridiculous statement that it is normal for thier sets to break in a relatively short amount of time, then employ "technicians" that do not understand the OUTER workings of the products that they are paid to service and have knowledge about, but it is "HARASSMENT" for me to screw around and have a little fun with their IDIOT staff when they don't know what the hell they are talking about. They get paid to sit in a chair and tell you whatever they feel like saying apparently as I have seen chats on this thread where they completely contradict themselves. "Oh yes, the firmware on 2/5 is the fix for the black levels. Oh but that fix for the black levels is actually not for the black levels but it is for yellow and green THX problems. I know I just said that it is for the black levels, but I am smoking crack and snorting cocaine here at my desk so I am getting confused. Santa clause is working on the fix for the black levels and it will be out no later than Christmas." I mean that is basically what you get in Panasonic chat. How could any of you blame a fellow consumer for being slightly jaded and fed up with dealing with "professionals" with good jobs that couldn't put gas in their own car without accidentally swallowing it?
post #3162 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

see my post above -- since you called for the poll, are you going to be honorable and admit that you were wrong? are you man of democracy or some stinkin' red commie?

UPDATE: goofball's post above makes it 12-0 or 11-1. You acted like such a jerk that you even inspired a lurker to make his first post to vote against you!! will you concede?

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #3163 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:06 PM

Edited to remove comment to now-removed belligerent posts....

On with the discussion! :-)

post #3164 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jponte55 View Post

Oh and I vote no

My goodness I did not rip into her because she did not know!!! I ripped into her because she was doing little or nothing to find an answer. It's not like I asked her to explain how anything complicated inside the thing works, I wanted to know something simple and she and her IDIOT tech gave me the wrong info OBVIOUSLY saying the replaceable protective glass panel could not be removed. I MEAN COME ON!!! Poor poor innocent LAZY ASS ****** CSR's. Maybe if they had more movement of their bodies as opposed to being planted in a chair all day their brains would get more oxygen and would work more efficiently.
post #3165 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I MEAN COME ON!!! Poor poor innocent LAZY ASS ****** CSR's.

you have problems. this has now been confirmed through polls. proof!

see my posts above, will you concede? are you a man of honor, you DID suggest the poll yourself?

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #3166 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
the issue with panasonic plasmas' rising black levels is very similar to the marantz pop of death
post #3167 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenland View Post

Does anyone know if the new phosphors are only going to be in the 3D models, or are they going to be in all the models from S2 on up?

Not sure if your post has been replied to yet, but I found this on HDGuru:

Quote:
In addition to its VT25 and VT20 3D series (more below) Panasonic introduced five other plasma series: G25, G20, S2, U2 and C2. The top three series (V25, G25, G20) get Panasonic's newest Neo PDP plasma panel, which boasts a 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio. The panel construction is very similar to Pioneer's Kuro design and is the first Panasonic plasma design aided by former Pioneer plasma engineers.

hdguru.com/ces-2010-report-and-analysis-part-2-panasonic
post #3168 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:25 PM

okay to get back on topic...

54" G10 - latest firmware, THX fix, May build date

I can confirm that the infinite black does not work on my tv in vivid mode as described by others. As stated in my other posts, my set suffers from the black level problem as well as horrible IR.
post #3169 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Several posts removed, lets get back on topic guys.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the
and help support the site. Help Support
post #3170 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks a bunch Mike.

Fr. John

Panasonic Plasma Break-in
post #3171 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Lets shape this thread up to respectable levels, guys! You never know who is monitoring it now.

"Infinate Black Level" does in fact work on my 58V10 that has just under 600 hours on it. I do not suffer from any elevated black levels.

Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV 3, Sony BDP-S5100,  Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers (mains), Horizon (CC) and HTM-200's (Surr), Dual PSA XV15 Subwoofers!!
post #3172 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:41 PM

Infinite works like a charm and I have over 1600 hours on my G15 46". I don't suffer from elevated blacks either.

On a side note a tech from Panasonic called today and have setup a software update via local shop again for Monday. I have the THX fix ( From Panasonic ) so I'll have to see what this update does.

Loving the Blu-Revolution
post #3173 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 19
The way Panasonic replied leads me to think they aren't going to fix it, so I ordered a PN50B860 instead. I really wanted a Panasonic but this has scared me away.
post #3174 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:42 PM

Does anyone have a 2010 build 65V10? I had a december 2009 build that I returned for several issues and it NEVER looked even half as good as this new model I just received. The blacks are WAY darker than the 2009 build's ever were. Even the custom mode looks amazing if not just a tad oversaturated in the colors we have all read about. THX however is actually a LOT brighter. The only strange thing that I noticed is that both sets had a difference of brightness in the top I would say quarter of the screen and the remaining bottom area. The first 5 or 6 inches down and all the way across looks brighter than the rest of the when a solid color fills it. Could someone with a 65V10 pop in the slides and check to see if you notice it?
post #3175 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
The infinite black in vivid mode worked on my 50v10 at 1200 hrs and now does not at 2100 hrs. Feb09 build. 1.28 update. orig 1.19

THX Certified Video Calibrator
Calibrating Florida and Georgia
post #3176 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:44 PM

"Infinate Black Level" works on my 65v10 October build and my last measurement at 1126 hrs for Windowed Black was 0.008. No problems here.

Mike

Panasonic 65v10 October 2009 Build

post #3177 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 06:51 PM

May 2009 Build TC-P42G10

I did not try Vivid mode (and the Infinite Black feature) until well after 500 hours.

At the first time I did try it, it did not work. I do not have any idea if it ever DID work.

Panel's well past 1000 hours now. Can't say exactly since I was instructed to do a factory reset to "fix" the black levels problem.

post #3178 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 07:09 PM

Liked: 14
I'm a bit confused...what does everyone mean by the infinite black level "feature"?
How can I test my set to see if it can still achieve infinite black?
50V10 Nov 2009 build date
post #3179 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post

Lets shape this thread up to respectable levels, guys! You never know who is monitoring it now.

"Infinate Black Level" does in fact work on my 58V10 that has just under 600 hours on it. I do not suffer from any elevated black levels.

The mods are always monitoring. Which ones are shown the bottom Plasma Flat Panel Displays main page. Right now Barrybud, PooperScooper, Woodrow, Mike Lang, and markrubin are on duty.

The infinite black -- whatever that ridiculous phrase really means -- does not work any more on either of my X1s. (Maybe that's how they get a number for CR like 2,000,000:1. They determine the lowest value that their measuring equipment yields with a screen that is turned off for the black level.)

Infinite black Someone in marketing took a creative writing class.

Larry
post #3180 of 11255 Old 02-05-2010, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarithers View Post

I'm a bit confused...what does everyone mean by the infinite black level "feature"?
How can I test my set to see if it can still achieve infinite black?
50V10 Nov 2009 build date

Your set can not achieve it. Panasonic used a marketing gimmick to con consumers about their 2009 panels. They called it an infinite black panel, but all it meant was that the panel went black when it was receiving no image signal of any kind.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page