Panasonic 11G/12G/13G black levels have seemingly doubled overnight? - Page 381 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 67Likes

post #11401 of 11403 Old Yesterday, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 208
I did my last reset in May (when 24 came back) and did one again last night before firing up Universal's The Mummy bluray.

I definitely did have a slight rise since then, as my tv is on at least 2 hours per day. I looked at my test patterns before and after connecting my Arduino and the levels were right where I would expect them to be. I couldn't see anything below 16 flashing black and anything above 235 flashing white. The ramps looked ok as did color gradiations.

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11402 of 11403 Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Just want to say congrats, Dane. Its great that you were able to get this out to everyone. I didn't buy as I was the guinea pig that tried Mironto's guide on my set. But if I was unwilling to do it myself, I would have ordered from you on the first day. Nice work.

If anyone is iffy about any long term effects of the reset on their TV, I'll reiterate what I mentioned on this thread a couple months ago... I did the reset over 1 year ago on my 54V10 and have had absolutely zero issues with my set since then.
eaayoung and audiodane like this.

I turn the sharpness on my TV all the way up, because that's how I like my picture... real sharp.
post #11403 of 11403 Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 50
So I've been trying to keep up with incoming links to the site (that's how I found out about the international articles about the PMCv1), but it seems all of the sudden I'm getting a lot of hits from what looks like twitter shortened urls... Wish I could find out from whom so I could thank them!

Down to about 25% of my original stock.. Depending on how long it takes for the last pieces to sell, I may have to decide how many more to make.. A good problem, but still a problem (it will probably be 8-12 week lead time for additional units to keep costs down).

..dane
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page