Panasonic 11G/12G/13G black levels have seemingly doubled overnight? - Page 381 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 64Likes

post #11401 of 11401 Old Today, 12:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Let's just calm down and let the facts talk. CalWldLif, you have the new 2010 model (post April DoM if I remember correctly) with the "fixed" (less coarse) MLL rise, so you might not need PMCv1 at all.
http://www.cnet.com/news/2010-panaso...n-competition/
I understand your concern for 10% and 20% stimulus and to be sure the reset does not affect other panel's characteristics, I did several tests with different patterns to make sure there are no side effects like black crush you mention. But it would be beneficial to the community if some of you with PMCv1 would load the attached picture to an SD card and do post-rise and after-reset comparisons. The pattern contains 1-2-3-4-5-6% gray rectangles in the top row and 3-5-8-10-13-16% gray rectangles in the bottom row. By adjusting the brightness/contrast you should be able to distinguish all the rectangles from the fully black background. Once you do, please note the numbers for brightness/contrast you adjusted and how many rectangles you were able to see. If I remember correctly, I was able to see all the rectangles before and after reset, but after the reset I could lover the brightness from +4 to +1 and still see all the shades (European models have brightness/contrast on a scale -50/0/50 while US sets 0/100 so that would be 51-54 for US G10s). I have the TV at my parents so I can confirm the numbers once I get to see them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	U4JJY.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	320969  

Panasonic plasma black level restoration
Step-by-step guide for restoring the initial MLL on a Panasonic G10 plasma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List