Panasonic 11G/12G/13G black levels have seemingly doubled overnight? - Page 384 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 103Likes
post #11491 of 11495 Old 12-13-2014, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 227
I couldn't state unoquivicolly that I have enough hours, but I feel like I'm in the same boat as you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11492 of 11495 Old 12-14-2014, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodane View Post
I received an email from a PMCv1 customer recently concerned that they hadn't observed the 150hr re-clear event yet, but they were sure that it has been more than 150hrs. I shared his concern for my own TV, which clearly is still maintaining its black level properly, but I don't recall having to do the power on-power off-power on thing again lately. I asked my wife if her or the kids have noticed the TV "not coming on" recently, and she said no (but then again, they're kids, so...)

On my particular unit, I've had an SD-Card based log attached for several months, and so I was able to pull off the log file and have a look at it. I have not yet had a chance to study it fully, but I was able to confirm in fact that my set was re-cleared recently, even though it did not seem to require the power cycling again like when first installed..

I wanted to ask if anyone else is pretty sure that their TV has accrued at least 150hrs since installing the PMCv1, and that they can clearly tell the black levels are still "good" even though they have NOT had to turn the TV off and on again due to the expected re-clearing event?

thanks,
..dane
My P50X1 has reset 2x since I installed the PMCv1. Found the PMCv1 with green leds blinking and had to power off/on to clear the reset.

Works great.
post #11493 of 11495 Old 12-14-2014, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeky View Post
My P50X1 has reset 2x since I installed the PMCv1. Found the PMCv1 with green leds blinking and had to power off/on to clear the reset.

Works great.
I just found this thread while reading up on my F8500... I have a 42G10 with ~5670 hours on it and the black levels are terrible! I wish I knew about it earlier.

I just pre-ordered the PMCv2, does anyone in the Houston area have a PMCv1 I can borrow in the meantime?

Have a question? AIM me: supremeMilo
post #11494 of 11495 Old 12-14-2014, 10:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeky View Post

Works great.
Thanks for the feedback sneeky- I recall one or two folks indicating that even on their first installation they didn't have to do the turn-off/turn-on thing. I haven't yet figured out the cause for difference. I had originally HOPED that the PMCv1 would operate that way of course.. Maybe we'll figure out the differences (why some require turning off/on and some don't) sooner than later..

cheers,
..dane
post #11495 of 11495 Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodane View Post
I received an email from a PMCv1 customer recently concerned that they hadn't observed the 150hr re-clear event yet, but they were sure that it has been more than 150hrs. I shared his concern for my own TV, which clearly is still maintaining its black level properly, but I don't recall having to do the power on-power off-power on thing again lately. I asked my wife if her or the kids have noticed the TV "not coming on" recently, and she said no (but then again, they're kids, so...)

On my particular unit, I've had an SD-Card based log attached for several months, and so I was able to pull off the log file and have a look at it. I have not yet had a chance to study it fully, but I was able to confirm in fact that my set was re-cleared recently, even though it did not seem to require the power cycling again like when first installed..

I wanted to ask if anyone else is pretty sure that their TV has accrued at least 150hrs since installing the PMCv1, and that they can clearly tell the black levels are still "good" even though they have NOT had to turn the TV off and on again due to the expected re-clearing event?

thanks,
..dane
I've lost count of exactly how many times that the PMCv1 on my panel has performed it's "auto-reset" function, but it's been at least 4 times - most likely 5 or 6. Works perfectly each and every time!

Many thanks once again, Dane.

Best regards,
Lloyd C.

Last edited by Lloyd-TX; Yesterday at 10:02 AM.
post #11496 of 11495 Unread Today, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 27
If there are some Panny owners who cannot wait for PMCv2, I've got last 10 Arduino DIY cables left. It's very unlikely I will ever order more JST connectors and crimps in the future, so this is your last chance to get the pre-made cable. I've used most of the connectors/crimps for assembling the cables, but still got a couple of unused connectors/crimps for the ones willing to solder the cable themselves.
http://panasonic.mironto.sk/hardware...jst_connector/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141216_135440.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	425154   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141216_135146.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	425162   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141216_135329.jpg