Panasonic 11G/12G/13G black levels have seemingly doubled overnight? - Page 386 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 131Likes

Old 02-25-2015, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephandrews222 View Post
]
Oh and the v2 gizmo fits nicely inside of the set...and I successfully replaced the cover.
Received #32 and installed it in my 50G15 today. I can pretty much mirror your statements, but I would hesitantly say that the blacks are definitely darker for me. Hard to give a definite answer since I can't see before and after at the same time

As I remember from when I bought it, the G15 is the same panel as the G10, but in a thinner package. It took some careful maneuvering to get it inside the case since the back sheet metal is so close to the PCB, but it's definitely possible. I ended up looping the cable up and to the left, so the PMCv2 is sitting just to the side of the service door inside. Cover went back on easily afterwards

Thanks dane!
audiodane likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2015, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Got my PMCv2 today. Plugged it into a G25 with around 900 hours on time and nothing happened. Couldn't trigger a reset / black levels didn't change. Green light comes on and stays on. Setting the UNDO switch just shows a constant red light. Not a big deal. Took a gamble on it as I didn't see any other reports with the G25. Appreciate the hard work either way. One note, be extra careful removing the default cable if you have to swap. The plastic housing is really fragile. Part of the top clip thing caved in. (not sure why, but I can't enter line breaks in my message. Normally format better than this)
Old 02-27-2015, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilisco View Post
Got my PMCv2 today. Plugged it into a G25 with around 900 hours on time and nothing happened. Couldn't trigger a reset / black levels didn't change. Green light comes on and stays on. Setting the UNDO switch just shows a constant red light. Not a big deal. Took a gamble on it as I didn't see any other reports with the G25. Appreciate the hard work either way. One note, be extra careful removing the default cable if you have to swap. The plastic housing is really fragile. Part of the top clip thing caved in. (not sure why, but I can't enter line breaks in my message. Normally format better than this)
I'm not sure if you're he or not (your username doesn't match the email address), but I am currently working with one customer who is having trouble with their GT25. I just finished scanning the thread and there is one other user who reported using mironto's DIY method on a GT25 and couldn't read any bytes.

I will likely end up sending them one with a logging device attached for temporary use so that I can see (slightly more) what's going on. Not the same as having the set hooked up to my oscilloscope and actually monitoring I2C bus traffic, but it's a start.

I will make a note on the model list portion of the ordering page that the GT25 is still under investigation. I will run this by mironto too and see if he's had any emails from users of his DIY method on a GT25..

Strange...

..dane
Old 02-27-2015, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm a different customer. Might confirm there's an issue with the G25. Darn you panasonic.

Keep me updated, definitely interested in what shakes out!

Appreciate it.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilisco View Post
I'm a different customer. Might confirm there's an issue with the G25. Darn you panasonic.

Keep me updated, definitely interested in what shakes out!

Appreciate it.
Oh I see that now, he has a GT25, you have a G25.. Contact me at the address in your instructions and we'll see where to go from here. I've also sent out a ping to mironto to see if he's had any customers with G/T25 feedback that he can offer us. The PMCv1/v2 uses the same method as his DIY approach, so we share feedback pretty regularly.

..dane
Old 02-27-2015, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Part 2-006 came in today.

The TV is a 42" G10.

The difference is pretty clear on the blank screen. It's a bit more subtle on screens with content. The TV has a pre-existing bar of burn-in along the top. Had nothing to do with the PMCv2.

Dane, feel free to use the pics if you wish. Thanks!

Links to original photos:

Blank Screen: Before | After
Cityscape: Before | After
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0215-before.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	576521   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0220-after.jpg
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	576545   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0216-beforea.jpg
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	576553   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0218-aftera.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	576561  
TonyS, AVfile and audiodane like this.

Last edited by vgsmike; Today at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 78
What a difference. I got mine in the first batch but never installed it as my 54V10 is setting in a room and not being used. But that will change soon when it becomes my office TV. Looking forward to the change.
audiodane likes this.
Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Woo hoo - my PMCv2 showed up today! Waiting until tonight to try it out so I can take some before and after pics.
audiodane likes this.
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
I got mine in the first batch but never installed it as my 54V10 is setting in a room and not being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyS View Post
Woo hoo - my PMCv2 showed up today! Waiting until tonight to try it out so I can take some before and after pics.

This thread is getting anti-climactic.
audiodane likes this.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post
This thread is getting anti-climactic.
Ha ha! For you maybe , but not for those of us who recently received, or recently installed, our PMCv1/2 devices. Watched Batman Begins tonight with the family and we were all amazed at how much better the picture is and that the "gray bars are now black"! I knew it was good when my wife said "I can't believe how much better the picture looks. Not just the blacks, the colors too!" So, a big thumbs up and a big thanks to Dane for my PMCv2! I'm attaching a couple of pics of my TC-P50V10 before and after the reset. BTW, installation and reset was a breeze.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	50V10 Before 1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	575697   Click image for larger version

Name:	50V10 After 1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	575705  
Vader424242 and audiodane like this.
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
No sign of mine yet. I will wait until Monday's post, and then bother Dane. Don't want to waste his time too soon.
Old Today, 07:48 PM
Advanced Member

I'm absolutely LOVING all the happy customers. Thanks to everyone posting their feedback and pictures! I look forward to clicking "like" more in the coming weeks.. Thanks again to mironto and others for refining the solution into something straightforward enough for me to package into a small device too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycruiser View Post
No sign of mine yet. I will wait until Monday's post, and then bother Dane. Don't want to waste his time too soon.
I've gotten about a half dozen emails over the weekend.. Most of them just report "this item has been delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date" but doesn't say why. Almost all of the delays look to be delayed within 50 miles of the destination (as does yours rustycruiser -- will send your tracking number via PM).. Could have been due to more of the winter weather across so many eastern states this past week, I'm not sure.

Regarding the earlier G25 issue-- I have a G25 customer signed up to do some testing for me so maybe I can figure out what's going on there. Mironto indicates that he's had VT25 customers report success but has no reports from G25 customers using his DIY method. If any G25 customers have gone the route of mironto's DIY approach, I would love to hear from you.

thanks again for the positive feedback,
..dane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement