Panasonic 11G/12G/13G black levels have seemingly doubled overnight? - Page 386 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 120Likes

post #11551 of 11552 Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephandrews222 View Post
]
Oh and the v2 gizmo fits nicely inside of the set...and I successfully replaced the cover.
Received #32 and installed it in my 50G15 today. I can pretty much mirror your statements, but I would hesitantly say that the blacks are definitely darker for me. Hard to give a definite answer since I can't see before and after at the same time

As I remember from when I bought it, the G15 is the same panel as the G10, but in a thinner package. It took some careful maneuvering to get it inside the case since the back sheet metal is so close to the PCB, but it's definitely possible. I ended up looping the cable up and to the left, so the PMCv2 is sitting just to the side of the service door inside. Cover went back on easily afterwards

Thanks dane!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11552 of 11552 Old Today, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Got my PMCv2 today. Plugged it into a G25 with around 900 hours on time and nothing happened. Couldn't trigger a reset / black levels didn't change. Green light comes on and stays on. Setting the UNDO switch just shows a constant red light. Not a big deal. Took a gamble on it as I didn't see any other reports with the G25. Appreciate the hard work either way. One note, be extra careful removing the default cable if you have to swap. The plastic housing is really fragile. Part of the top clip thing caved in. (not sure why, but I can't enter line breaks in my message. Normally format better than this)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page