Panasonic 11G/12G/13G black levels have seemingly doubled overnight? - Page 390 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 202Likes

post #11671 of 11687 Old 07-24-2015, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 106
My 54" V10 in my office turned on but without a picture today. So as I'm looking puzzled at a blank screen and the glowing red light on the front on my TV, I was thinking "On no, please don't die on me I can't handle a LED/LCD at this point in my life!" And then I remembered I had installed Dane's PMCv1 so turned the TV off and on again. Of course the picture came up and looks fantastic.

I can't believe I've put 1000 hours on this set since I installed the device back in late May. Without searching this thread, doesn't Dane's gizmo reset the TV after 1000 hours of use? Or is it less?

Update: Found my instructions. Resets occur every 150 hours.
audiodane likes this.

Last edited by eaayoung; 07-24-2015 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11672 of 11687 Old 07-27-2015, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Looking to find some new ways to get the word out about the PMCv2 ... Really wanting to sell out of these by Christmas.. If anyone has a kind word to share on facebook, twitter, whatever, I'd appreciate it!

Also just sent a newsletter update on how to score a great deal on a PMCv2 next week in Las Vegas if anyone's planning on being in the area..

http://audiodane.dandk.org/hacker-special/

cheers,
..dane
post #11673 of 11687 Old 07-27-2015, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Hopefully more people will see this thread.

I have to say, if my ZT died tomorrow, putting my V10 back in my family room would not be that big of deal. The PMCv2 really works. The blacks on V10 aren't what the ZT can do, but not too shabby! Certainly better than LCD/LED. Plus not curve like OLED. Plasma reigns supreme in my household.
audiodane likes this.
post #11674 of 11687 Old 07-27-2015, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Still lovin' my 50G10, too..

I was just speaking a few moments ago with a fellow over in Ireland who eBay is just killing with their global shipping program rates..

It got me thinking -- if there is anyone outside the USA who wants to head up a group-buy, we could likely find a way to save significantly on shipping and customs, and bypass eBay entirely. Such an effort is not practical on single or even a few pieces per purchase though. It would need to be a larger quantity.. 10 would be great... 25 would be even better (and maybe I could throw in a freebie or two)...

I'll put together another newsletter post about it.. I hate to spam everyone though since I just sent one out this morning already.. Maybe I'll wait a few days..

..dane
post #11675 of 11687 Old 08-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

FYI, if anybody near Las Vegas wants a good deal, I'll have a handful of PMCv2's available this week while I'm there.. but you better be quick- I won't be checking standard email while I'm there..

PM me here at avsforum or at the PMCv2 website if you're interested and I'll give you my cell and twitter contacts that I'm using while I'm there..

..dane
mironto likes this.
post #11676 of 11687 Old 08-21-2015, 02:23 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Guys, the last piece of ready-made cable for Arduino ever built by mankind is still available. Grab it while you have a chance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141216_135440.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	899642  

Panasonic plasma black level restoration
Step-by-step guide for restoring the initial MLL on a Panasonic G10 plasma

Last edited by mironto; 08-21-2015 at 02:33 AM.
post #11677 of 11687 Old 08-21-2015, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 32
What are these PMCv1r and 2r's that everyone is discussing ?
post #11678 of 11687 Old 08-21-2015, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipsPhanatic View Post
What are these PMCv1r and 2r's that everyone is discussing ?
Read the first post. Both restore the black level for Panasonic TVs affected by the rising black problem. Or go to AudioDanes website for more information.
post #11679 of 11687 Old 08-22-2015, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 321
A few posters figured out how to load some code onto these tvs to reset the hours, thus resetting the black level to the way it was brand new.

Audiodane manufactured a simple device to plug into the tv service connector and do it for you.
post #11680 of 11687 Old 08-28-2015, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I have been using the device since purchasing it on ebay in March 2015. I thought I would repack my 65VT60 and put it away temporarily after installing the device on my 65VT20.
Well I am so pleased with the image that I am now putting the 65VT60 on ice as my future plasma replacement TV.
OK the black levels are not as good as those on the VT60 but they are not that far off that I cannot live with the VT20.
The picture on this TV is still very pleasing to my eye.
I started a thread on AVforum Australia(Mr Crist) to bring to the attention of many disgruntled Pana owners of the Audio Dane fix.
This resulted in a flurry of purchases on ebay and many happy customers.
I remember the negativity and dismay of many Pana owners plus the ribbing given by many Samsung owners on this thread.
Sadly for the Samsung owners many of their panels developed the dreaded purple haze and their sets are now part of many landfill sites all over the world. I suppose we Pana owners got the last laugh in a twisted way after-all.
AVfile and Vader424242 like this.
post #11681 of 11687 Old 08-28-2015, 09:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by con219 View Post
I have been using the device since purchasing it on ebay in March 2015. I thought I would repack my 65VT60 and put it away temporarily after installing the device on my 65VT20.
Well I am so pleased with the image that I am now putting the 65VT60 on ice as my future plasma replacement TV.
OK the black levels are not as good as those on the VT60 but they are not that far off that I cannot live with the VT20.
The picture on this TV is still very pleasing to my eye.
Couldn't agree more. I had my V10 in my home office before moving it to our game room. I installed a smaller LCD in the office to view while I work. Although the V10 was a little big for my office, I really miss the deep blacks on my V10. At least my office doesn't heat up as much after moving with the LCD. And I'll have a great TV to fall back onto if my ZT fails.
post #11682 of 11687 Old 08-29-2015, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
recieved my PCMv2 today and got it installed. if i read the menu correctly (4014:40) is only 4014 hours on the TV? figured it would have been more after 5.5years. anyway magic was performed and it is hard to tell the difference now between a perfectly blank screen and off! awesome product!
audiodane likes this.
post #11683 of 11687 Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

Public Service Announcement

Ah well, I guess it happens to everybody at some point-- our hosting service is migrating our website to another server. They are predicting users will have problems getting to our website while all the DNS updates are propagated around the interwebs. They're predicting about a day or two worth of trouble.

You may see an "account suspended" notice when you try to go to the website; don't believe it. Just wait a day or two and try back.. we'll still be here.

cheers,
..dane
post #11684 of 11687 Old Today, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Audio dane, I think I should start charging you commission

This trade worth it?
post #11685 of 11687 Old Today, 08:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay AVF View Post
Audio dane, I think I should start charging you commission

This trade worth it?
Thanks Jay! If I had enough wiggle room in the pricing structure for commissions, we could talk. As it is, I just recently dropped the price from $60 to $50. Now, I would be happy to negotiate a discount for a bulk-buy and then let you sell them at whatever you would like!

Actually, if you don't mind, I'm going to pull those installation pictures and put them on the PMCv2 website. My TV is on a shallow wall-mount which isn't conducive to pictures, and the unit I have is hacked up a good bit beyond what is normally sold (debug headers, SDCard logger, and extender cable to give me easier access). To say my unit doesn't quite tuck into the TV cavity is a bit of an understatement!

..dane
post #11686 of 11687 Old Today, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodane View Post

Actually, if you don't mind, I'm going to pull those installation pictures and put them on the PMCv2 website. My TV is on a shallow wall-mount which isn't conducive to pictures, and the unit I have is hacked up a good bit beyond what is normally sold (debug headers, SDCard logger, and extender cable to give me easier access). To say my unit doesn't quite tuck into the TV cavity is a bit of an understatement!

..dane
Feel free to use them.

I only took them quickly, if you'd like some better ones I can take some again, I've got easy access to the rear of the tv
post #11687 of 11687 Old Today, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay AVF View Post
Feel free to use them.

I only took them quickly, if you'd like some better ones I can take some again, I've got easy access to the rear of the tv
Oh, the ones you posted there are fantastic! If you feel you can get better ones, of course that's your choice. But I'm thrilled with those.

..dane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page