Panasonic 11G/12G/13G black levels have seemingly doubled overnight? - Page 393 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 248Likes

post #11761 of 11763 Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Cool, I'll se if I can get a chance to snap a few pics within a couple of days.

Another interesting thing is that the brightness of my screen actually increased with the reset. I had 100 IRE dialled in at 100 cd/m2 and after resetting it had gone up to 130 cd/m2 with the same contrast setting. I had to turn contrast down a few notches. So much for panels dimming with age! Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

I would think there is no technological reason for panasonic to do these voltage adjustments whatsoever, other than to keep the wheels of consumerism turning by actively decreasing the useable lifespan of their products, while hoping to keep customer trust in their brand. As always this is a delicate balancing act, and this time they may have overdone it a little, perhaps unwittingly, but in the end they are still the ones laughing all the way to the bank. *rant over ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11762 of 11763 Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joez7700 View Post
Hi . I just received my pmcv2 today. I installed it on my panasonic tc-p65s1. I plugged in the power cord after installing it. The lights flashed that it operated correctly. My problem is that i could not turn off the tv with the remote. I had to press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. It turns on and off fine now. I'm new to this device and im just wondering if anyone else has that issue? Does it mean the device is not compatible with my tv? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joe
Hey joe,

Hmmm, that sounds interesting. Just to be clear, when you powered it on, the blinking pattern matched that of success?

If that's the case, then yay! There are multiple other S1 owners that report success without the issue that you are describing. As long as it worked, then I guess just know that the device is operating slightly differently (but fully functional) with your TV, and don't worry about it. There are a number of PMCv1/v2 users that report that they don't even have to turn their TV's off and back on. Certainly unexpected but not a problem at all.. It sounds like your set might be on the other end of the spectrum but still working properly...

To be clear -- the blinking patterns are very accurate. The PMCv1/v2 performs a read-back check after writing to the TV, so if it blinks success, rest assured that it did in fact work... Have you been able to tell a difference in black levels? I hope so!

If you have any more troubles, let us know, ok?

Cheers,
..dane
Just wanted to post an update. My pmcv2 is working great. There is a definitely an improvement in my black level. Before the screen was a washed out grey color. Now after installing the pmcv2 its a very dark grey. A very big thanks to Audiodane for your help.
post #11763 of 11763 Old Today, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 25
This product has my highest endorsement.

Audiodane is a hero on the level of Larry Flynt, Chris Kyle, or Audie Murphy.

The proper setting for sharpness is always0.
Also my Oppo BDP-103D is region free.
That makes me awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page