Panasonic 11G/12G/13G black levels have seemingly doubled overnight? - Page 397 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 303Likes

post #11881 of 11886 Old 11-28-2016, 10:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodane View Post
AWESOME results, bguzman! Thanks for posting your photos!

Regarding your purchase timing; I don't know too many stores that will honor something like a cyber monday coupon before or after sale day ... that's kind of how it works ... but -- shoot me an email and let's see what we can work out.

cheers,
..dane
Thanks for the quick response, I sent you an email. I'm not looking for the full Cyber Monday discount just the $10 coupon I forgot to use in my excitement when I placed my order. Even if there's no discount I'm still loving this device and spreading the results on Blu-ray.com. It's that good.
thanks.
Ben
audiodane likes this.

HT, Mitsubishi HC6500, 106" screen, Samsung 32" LCD, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer Elite BDP-62, Toshiba A35, Panasonic LX-1000U, Pioneer Elite CLD-95, DirecTV H21-100, PS3, Pioneer Elite SC-85, Def Tech; SM 450, CLR 2002, BP2X, Klipsch KSB 1.1(X4), Pro Sub 100, Polk PSW125
Old School, Sony PS-5500->Denon 103r->AU-320 SUT, Sansui SR-4050c->Shure M91ED, Alternative Acoustics preamp, Kyocera R-861, Polk Monitor 10A

Last edited by bguzman; 11-29-2016 at 12:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11882 of 11886 Old 11-29-2016, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 518
audiodane is da man, thank you sir.
Vader424242 and audiodane like this.

HT, Mitsubishi HC6500, 106" screen, Samsung 32" LCD, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer Elite BDP-62, Toshiba A35, Panasonic LX-1000U, Pioneer Elite CLD-95, DirecTV H21-100, PS3, Pioneer Elite SC-85, Def Tech; SM 450, CLR 2002, BP2X, Klipsch KSB 1.1(X4), Pro Sub 100, Polk PSW125
Old School, Sony PS-5500->Denon 103r->AU-320 SUT, Sansui SR-4050c->Shure M91ED, Alternative Acoustics preamp, Kyocera R-861, Polk Monitor 10A
post #11883 of 11886 Old Today, 06:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and I'm posting this message here to get help from you that have installed the PMCv2 device. Sorry in advance for my bad english but I'm not native language (I'm Italian) but I hope to be understood.
I own a TX-P42G10E with serious black level issues so I ordered the PMCv2 from Audiodane's ebay page, at the end of October I received the device, installed it following the instruction guide contained in the packet but It didn't restore the original black level (the panel remained "grey" as before).
First I tried the automatic operation but it didn't work, so I also tried the manual operation (several times) but it didn't work again. Then I tried the undo operation (but I don't know if it worked because I couldn't see differences in black levels...) and tried again the automatic and manual restoration again but the black levels remained the same as before!
So I also tried to update the TV firmware from the preinstalled original one (1.206) to the latest available version (1.216 for G10E model) but the device doesn’t restore the black level not even with with this firmware (automatically and manually).
The device is supposed to work because I followed Dane's guide step by step and the LEDs blink properly as described, the TV shows no picture when turned on after the installation and my TV model is supported so I haven't any explanation why it doesn't restore black level. Obviously I followed the non-US model procedure, I also tried the US version and in fact the LEDs don't blink in this mode.
I really can't understand why the black levels aren't restored, I haven't technical instruments to measure it but my eyes see grey as before the installation (it's not light black, it's actually more grey than black! I’ve seen some pictures of other TV owners and the difference between before and after is very remarkable).
Now I only hope that the TV doesn’t recognise the current timer status as “new” and from now on restarts to raise the black level again!
Has someone any idea why my TV remains grey instead going back to the original black? I would appreciate every suggestions. I hope I can find a solution here on this forum since I haven't had email replyes from Dane.

Thanks in advance to everyone.
Giacomo
post #11884 of 11886 Old Today, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hi Giacomo, I have the same TX-P42G10E and Audiodane's PMCv2 restores the black level without problems. What is your brightness level set to?

Panasonic plasma black level restoration
Step-by-step guide for restoring the initial MLL on a Panasonic G10 plasma
post #11885 of 11886 Old Today, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mironto View Post
Hi Giacomo, I have the same TX-P42G10E and Audiodane's PMCv2 restores the black level without problems. What is your brightness level set to?
Thank you Mironto for your instant reply!
My brightness level was set to 0 and is set to 0 again.
I posted my request here because I don't know if Dane has received my emails, I would have sent him a PM but I can't because I'm a newbie with less than 15 posts.
Bye,
Giacomo
post #11886 of 11886 Old Today, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwil View Post
This sucks! Tried the order at 8:30PM EST and the coupon expired. The coupon must have been Greenwich time.

Guess I'll have to wait until next year's Cyber Monday if they are still available.
Yep, I always miss out on deals like this. I was shopping for my wife on Cyber Monday and was totally oblivious to this. I only looked here today because the thread was up top and showed up on the main forum screen. Still using my 2008 TH-46PZ800U with over 25,000 hours on it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays