Another Panny Plasma not turning on saga - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-01-2009, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased a TH-50PH11UK last week. After mounting in my theater room it looked great. Yesterday I go in to watch a little TV. I can not get it to turn on with my remote. I notice that the front power light is off. I checked the power cord and the outlet both are fine. I go to the panny not turning on thread here. They all talk about flashing lights. Mine do not flash but with all of the problems noted, they do make me feel like I made a bad decision in buying this unit.

I wait until they wake up on the west coast and call Visual Apex where I purchased the unit. The lady who answered the phone listen to my story but before she transfered me to a technician she asked me to check one thing. Was the unit turned on. Are you kidding me. OOPS it was not turned on, I found the switch and low and behold it works fine.

As it turns out my son could not figure out how to turn it off with the integrated remote and had used the local switch. Go figure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-01-2009, 06:24 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Instead of fretting over this all night and looking at AVS and calling VA for answers, why didn't you just read the owners manual? It contains very useful instructions on how to operate the TV and would have solved your dilemma within one minute

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page