Free KuroReader Software for Pioneer KRP-500M, KRP-600M, PRO-101FD, PRO-141FD - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 116 Old 02-07-2010, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
^In that case the Pioneer has to be something other than 192.168.1.1. Which kind of makes sense since the message you got from KuroReader was "target machine..actively refused" which would be the response you would get from a PC or router for port 4201.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 116 Old 02-08-2010, 12:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbimmer View Post

^In that case the Pioneer has to be something other than 192.168.1.1. Which kind of makes sense since the message you got from KuroReader was "target machine..actively refused" which would be the response you would get from a PC or router for port 4201.

Just plugged the net cable back in. Same IP.

I'll try to power off the main power switch tomorrow.

BTW, I just remembered that I plugged the Pio directly in to my laptop before I went to buy the long net cable. Could that have caused the wrong IP?

Good night!

bob
post #93 of 116 Old 02-08-2010, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob View Post

BTW, I just remembered that I plugged the Pio directly in to my laptop before I went to buy the long net cable. Could that have caused the wrong IP?

Good night!

bob

If you plug the Ethernet cable directly into your laptop from the TV you need to have a direct connect Ethernet cable. That type of cable has to have these color combos..

1)white green
2)green
3)white orange
4)blue
5)white blue
6)orange
7)white brown
8)brown

1)white orange
2)orange
3)white green
4) blue
5)white blue
6)green
7) white brown
8) brown

On a standard cable (one that would go from a device to a router or a switch) both ends will have the same pin-out.
post #94 of 116 Old 02-08-2010, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Good idea. And check that DHCP in still "On" in the Pioneer's Control menu, then wait a few minutes after you power off/on before checking the Pioneer's IP Address - DHCP takes a little time to request and assign an IP.

Quote:

Not if DHCP was enabled. In that case you would get a private IP Address (assuming that your laptop supports Auto-Xover). See Method #2 in Post #41 of this thread.
post #95 of 116 Old 02-08-2010, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Good idea. And check that DHCP in still "On" in the Pioneer's Control menu, then wait a few minutes after you power off/on before checking the Pioneer's IP Address - DHCP takes a little time to request and assign an IP.

Not if DHCP was enabled. In that case you would get a private IP Address (assuming that your laptop supports Auto-Xover). See Method #2 in Post #41 of this thread.

Good news!

Powered off/on; Now I'm192.168.1.5

Thanks!

bob
post #96 of 116 Old 02-21-2010, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I can't get it to connect and I have the right IP address for sure...

Is there anything special that needs to be done? My tv is not ISF calibrated yet so none of those modes are unlocked.

-Evangelo2
post #97 of 116 Old 02-21-2010, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelo2 View Post

I can't get it to connect and I have the right IP address for sure...

Is there anything special that needs to be done? My tv is not ISF calibrated yet so none of those modes are unlocked.

-Evangelo2

it won't work with a 151
post #98 of 116 Old 02-26-2010, 08:47 AM

This Sw is really great! Nice job!!

Maybe you can help me with this. I have a HTPC on my 500M. My idea was that after a wake-up of the PC to send out a command on the LAN to switch on the 500M.

Would that be possible with a single html command?
post #99 of 116 Old 02-26-2010, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridler View Post

My idea was that after a wake-up of the PC to send out a command on the LAN to switch on the 500M.

If you can call another program from your HTPC application a batch script using netcat might work. Something like:
Code:
type  | nc 
Alternatively you could use WSH or make the jump to ActivePerl (or something similar).
post #100 of 116 Old 03-01-2010, 04:31 AM

Thanks for your answer!

Would be no problem to launch a script on my HTPC. I can easily insert all action on start-up / Wake-up with Eventghost.

How would the Power-on Skript need to look like?
post #101 of 116 Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridler View Post

How would the Power-on Skript need to look like?

The example above, using netcat, is close to a .bat file (i.e. it might work). That's the limit of my Windows skill-set.
post #102 of 116 Old 03-05-2010, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Apologies in advance for the semi-wasted bandwith, I am desperately looking for a reasonably priced NIB KRP-500M and posting on a couple of pertinent threads...... yeah BB has the 101FDs on sale but they are still $1k out of my reach.

Please PM me if you have a lead, ty!

Gman
post #103 of 116 Old 04-09-2010, 11:48 PM

[quote=jdbimmer;17126290]

1. A simple solution is a wireless "gaming" type adapter or multifunction device that provides a non-WDS Ethernet-to-Wireless adapter mode. Of these, the most promising and inexpensive solution that I have seen is the Asus 330gE. In Ethernet Adapter mode, this small device provides wireless connectivity to your existing wireless network and one Ethernet port to connect to your Kuro. The advantages are its small size and easy configuration. The disadvantage is that it does not have additional Ethernet ports for other devices (e.g., your Blu-Ray player or AV Receiver) .

I am trying this method to get my KURO on the home network but I am not able to connect my browser to my monitor. The KURO is getting a valid IP address.
post #104 of 116 Old 04-10-2010, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterLover View Post

Quote:

1. A simple solution is a wireless "gaming" type adapter or multifunction device that provides a non-WDS Ethernet-to-Wireless adapter mode. Of these, the most promising and inexpensive solution that I have seen is the Asus 330gE.

I am trying this method to get my KURO on the home network but I am not able to connect my browser to my monitor. The KURO is getting a valid IP address.

Can you provide some more information on how you configured the 330gE and the Pioneer?

The first thing you need to do is connect the 330gE to an ethernet port of a PC, access it using the Asus utility or via 198.168.1.220 from a browser, and select the Ethernet Adapter mode tab. From that tab you need to connect to your wireless network and enter any security password required for WEP, etc. If everything is setup correctly, you should be able to access your wireless network (internet etc) from that PC. Once you confirm that the 330gE works on your PC, connect it to your Pioneer, enable IP Control and DHCP, wait for it to obtain an IP address, and try to connect to that address using KuroReader or IE.
post #105 of 116 Old 05-18-2010, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
WTF? I tried enabling the ISF modes and now my set is stuck on Pure and it's greyed out. I'm unable to move to other picture settings.
post #106 of 116 Old 05-18-2010, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Okay, false alarm---I think I was unable to change picture modes only because I didn't have any input into the panel, so things were grayed out?

I mistakenly went into this thinking I could get the whole ISF thing set up, but this is pretty useless for that because it won't let you adjust anything under the Pro Adjust menu, correct?
post #107 of 116 Old 05-18-2010, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post

... I mistakenly went into this thinking I could get the whole ISF thing set up ...

Perhaps you want KuroControl.
post #108 of 116 Old 11-19-2014, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm retarded and can't connect

First,

Thank you for making this software. It sounds spectacular.

I'm sorry to awaken this old thread, but I'm having trouble connecting. I'm not computer illiterate, but not overly tech-savy either.

I have a KPR-500M and 3 year old toshiba laptop with windows 7. I bought a cross over cable and plugged it into the ethernet port on the kuro and the cpu. I also have a spare ethernet cable if needed.
Where I get lost is the ip settings. I can find them, but what I type in doesn't work. One post said disable DCHP and another said leave it. I've tried a few different settings but it won't connect for some reason.

I'm not sure where to begin, could anyone here help?

Thank you.
post #109 of 116 Old 11-20-2014, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

@tjarmusz

It's been a while since I tried using a crossover cable to do this. It's also much easier to connect the KRP to your home network if you can reach the router from the KRP port, but here's what I would do to connect directly.

Once everything is connected, disable your laptop's WiFi adapter as that will only confuse things. Then disable DHCP on both the KRP and laptop, and make sure you set up different private IP addresses on the KRP and laptop on the same subnet with the correct subnet mask.

For example:

Laptop
IP: 192.168.1.10
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

KRP
IP: 192.168.1.11
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

If it doesn't work, try using a regular Ethernet cable. Most modern PCs have Ethernet MDI/MDIX Auto Cross which means a special cable is not required.
post #110 of 116 Old 11-20-2014, 06:58 AM

Thank you. I'll check into that.

My TV will reach the router and I have 1 ethernet cable. If the crossover cable can be used as ethernet, then I have two cables. Should I try this way and if so, plug what into what? Would I still need to disable DHCP and manually enter ip's?
post #111 of 116 Old 11-20-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjarmusz View Post
My TV will reach the router and I have 1 ethernet cable.
If you mean you can connect your Kuro to your home network then per "It's also much easier to connect the KRP to your home network" that's what you should do. Assuming you have a DHCP server plug in the Kuro into your router (or whatever you use to attached wired devices to your network), find it's IP address using the Kuro menu system and then you're good to go.
post #112 of 116 Old 11-20-2014, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thank you. I'll check into that.

My TV will reach the router and I have 1 ethernet cable. If the crossover cable can be used as ethernet, then I have two cables. Should I try this way and if so, plug what into what? Would I still need to disable DHCP and manually enter ip's?

You might be introducing more potential issues that way. There are many variations on how to do this, but you would want to use the standard cable to connect the KRP to the router (because we don't know if those devices support Ethernet MDI/MDIX Auto). Turn on DHCP on the KRP, and once it get's an IP from the router, you will be able to see it in the KRP IP settings. Then just configure and connect your laptop to your network via Wifi (like you normally do for internet/home access), and enter the KRP's IP in KuroReader.

@bodosom: Long time no see. How are things?
post #113 of 116 Old 11-20-2014, 07:31 PM

Thanks

Not sure what I was doing wrong but the ethernet connection worked and it was really easy. Thank you all.
post #114 of 116 Old 11-21-2014, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Long time no see. How are things?
Still waiting on a reasonably priced replacement for my 500M. Lucky for me it still looks great.
post #115 of 116 Old 11-21-2014, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Not sure what I was doing wrong but the ethernet connection worked and it was really easy. Thank you all.
Good news!
post #116 of 116 Old 11-21-2014, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
Still waiting on a reasonably priced replacement for my 500M. Lucky for me it still looks great.
Same here. All the current 60 to 65" replacement options have their own set of compromises. And most don't have comprehensive IP control - I guess that didn't catch on.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page