Its Real And I Could Care Less 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 66 Old 09-09-2009, 04:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
If you want to see 3D movies... go to Disney World.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 09-29-2009, 04:41 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullius View Post

I have been wanting 3D since CES in January of this year. I am in the market for a 65 inch, and the V10 lookslike it fits the bill. However I am holding off because I want the 3D functionality. I am willing to wait 6 months to a year to get the 3D functionality.

To the nay sayers, you WILL regret when your neighbor has a 3D capable set and your kids say ooh, aah, and tell Daddy to get the same. The 3D opposers paint the picture as if getting a 3D capable set is just for 3D and nothing else. In fact, a 3D capable set is just like any 1080P HD TV, with a higher refresh rate of 120Hz instead of 60Hz. You could still use it as a regular TV, but for those occasions when you want to turn on 3D game, 3D bluray, or, eventually paid 3D sport broadcasts(boxing,football, mud wrestling, etc), you have the ability to do so.

And the glasses, what's wrong with them? Do you have any problems wearing those glasses in 3D theaters? If not, why do have a problem wearing it at home? If you have not worn a 3D glass and have not seen a 3D movie, then I don't think you have enough knowledge and hence interest in the subject to have a meaningful discussion.

Nothing wrong with 3D glasses if (1)you don't mind the eye fatigue which sets in for most people after 30 or 35 minutes, or (2)you are unaware that Philips has been demonstrating its 3D HDTV system in Europe right now, which does NOT require glasses(a Steven Spielberg company has also been working on a no-glasses 3D HDTV system since 2005), and/or (3)you assume that the manufacvturers and movie studios have done intense, in-depth market research upfront which reveals that consumers WILL like those clunky 3D glasses, and are willing to pay more for it that way. (After all, just think of the extraordinary, all-out research Sony did in advance of spending(and losing) BILLIONS(that'w with a 'B') on 2D Booray, which now commands a paltry, embarrassing 8.86% share of market for all of 2009 thru 3rd week of August, according to unofficial numbers - and which is actually DOWN from 10% in July).
post #63 of 66 Old 09-29-2009, 04:46 PM

No tech is worth it until a few generations maturing. The first buyers get screwed with quality and price. They don't call it bleeding edge for nothing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
;
post #64 of 66 Old 10-13-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panabolic View Post

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/08/e...may-fall-flat/

Interesting read

This article may have it right on the nose, but apparently Philips doesn't agree: (http://www.cybertheater.com/philips-3d-hdtv-display/). While this newest no-glasses 3D technology is obviously priced in the stratosphere for the time being, why does that assume that competing manufacturers won't replicate similar technology at a fraction of the price?
post #65 of 66 Old 10-13-2009, 03:34 PM

I think going to the theater and seeing a movie in 3-d is a cool novelty however I can't see watching movies in 3-d all the time. They give me a headache for one and there are plenty of people who also get a headache. I can hardly play a 1st person shooter without being dizzy so while it's a cool idea. Until it is done right and doesn't cause dizziness and eye strain you can forget about it for me. Not to mention I don't want to wear glasses on a regular basis to watch a 3d movie. I also think it will take at least 5 years to catch on.
post #66 of 66 Old 10-14-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timp64 View Post

I think going to the theater and seeing a movie in 3-d is a cool novelty however I can't see watching movies in 3-d all the time. They give me a headache for one and there are plenty of people who also get a headache. I can hardly play a 1st person shooter without being dizzy so while it's a cool idea. Until it is done right and doesn't cause dizziness and eye strain you can forget about it for me. Not to mention I don't want to wear glasses on a regular basis to watch a 3d movie. I also think it will take at least 5 years to catch on.

I agree. I have the same eye fatigue problem, but is this intrinsic to use of those clunky 3D glasses? In other words, does that problem occur as well with the no-glasses system now available from Philips? Has anyone purchased or otherwise seen this ultra-high-end product?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page