Cheap set of stereo/virtual surround speakers for the KRP-500M - AVS Forum
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Cheap set of stereo/virtual surround speakers for the KRP-500M
Nintendogs's Avatar Nintendogs 01:31 PM 10-03-2009
Hi, I just need a cheap set of stereo or virtual surround speakers (about $120, and absolute max $200) that I can use with the KRP-500M. Any quick response would be appreciated as we are about to go to Best Buy.

Thank You!

playaj's Avatar playaj 01:47 PM 10-03-2009
Sony HT_CT100
Nintendogs's Avatar Nintendogs 02:08 PM 10-03-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by playaj View Post

Sony HT_CT100

Do you know of anything just a little cheaper?
WestTenn's Avatar WestTenn 02:59 PM 10-03-2009
I'm not expert here, but I'm in the same boat. Awaiting delivery of a 500m, and decided to go with just bookshelves for now, plugged directly into the monitor (two Polk Monitor 30's). They are not powered speakers, as I've read you need a leveler in order to use powered speakers with this monitor. From what I understand, most soundbars are powered speakers, so you might want to do a little more research.

Hopefully, the Polks will do fine a low volumes until I get a receiver set up. I have an old Sony I can use, but we'll see.
powertoold's Avatar powertoold 03:23 PM 10-03-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTenn View Post

I'm not expert here, but I'm in the same boat. Awaiting delivery of a 500m, and decided to go with just bookshelves for now, plugged directly into the monitor (two Polk Monitor 30's). They are not powered speakers, as I've read you need a leveler in order to use powered speakers with this monitor. From what I understand, most soundbars are powered speakers, so you might want to do a little more research.

Hopefully, the Polks will do fine a low volumes until I get a receiver set up. I have an old Sony I can use, but we'll see.

Those Polk will work perfectly fine. I'm very satisfied with the internal amp on the 500m. Sure, it's not mind boggling, but it's much better than any internal TV speaker.
another schmo's Avatar another schmo 03:37 PM 10-03-2009
Newegg has the Energy Take 5.0's for $180. Then you're set when you buy an AVR.
choptalk's Avatar choptalk 09:35 PM 01-19-2010
which imput do you plug these self powered speakers into?
trem0lo's Avatar trem0lo 10:16 PM 01-19-2010
The panel has proprietary speaker inputs and it comes with it's own adapter that terminates in normal speaker wire. That's what you use.
Up
Mobile  Desktop