Can I use ANY AC ADAPTER with my Plasma??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-24-2009, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, we got the Panasonic G15 50 Inch Plasma for my dad as a surprise for Christmas. Set it up and noticed the AC ADAPTER is missing from the box! The question is, can I use a different adapter? Will that damage the tv?? (Note, I have some very powerful adapters that I use with Studio Equipment that I can possibly use for this)

Any help would be GREATLY GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-24-2009, 07:16 PM

I sure hope you're referring to the power cord because there sure isn't any AC adapters involved here. I would think almost any AC cord should work it if fits. I'm not very familiar with the G15. My 65v10 uses a 3 prong grounded type with a clip that holds it in place.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-24-2009, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm sorry. It's been a long day lol. I meant the power cord. What goes from the tv directly into the wall. Is it damaging to use something else other than what should have come with it?
post #4 of 9 Old 12-24-2009, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedHalo View Post

Yeah, I'm sorry. It's been a long day lol. I meant the power cord. What goes from the tv directly into the wall. Is it damaging to use something else other than what should have come with it?

Panasonic power cords have a sort of latching arrangement to hold them into the socket on the back of the TV. This is probably not necessary from an electrical standpoint. Do note that the power cord on these things is very thick indeed as they do draw a lot of current when displaying uniformly very bright pictures. Make sure that the substitute cord is the same guage as oem, and get the real cord asap.

Steve S.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-24-2009, 10:17 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedHalo View Post

So, we got the Panasonic G15 50 Inch Plasma for my dad as a surprise for Christmas. Set it up and noticed the AC ADAPTER is missing from the box! The question is, can I use a different adapter? Will that damage the tv?? (Note, I have some very powerful adapters that I use with Studio Equipment that I can possibly use for this)
Any help would be GREATLY GREATLY appreciated!

The power cord is probably hidden in a recess in the foam packing material - examine all the pieces and you'll probably find it.

If it's really not there, you can probably use a standard desktop PC power cord for the time being. But i'd be suspicious that this TV was repackaged or previously opened etc since it's extremely unlikely that the assembly plant didn't put the cord in the box.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #6 of 9 Old 12-25-2009, 07:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

But i'd be suspicious that this TV was repackaged or previously opened etc since it's extremely unlikely that the assembly plant didn't put the cord in the box.

I agree. If you bought it new, and there's really no power cord, I'd return it or at least demand a price cut (they may have given you a returned or refurbished display)! Did you buy it locally, or via internet?
post #7 of 9 Old 12-25-2009, 08:27 AM

"...... missing from the box! "

I said the same thing to another gentleman on this board when he said he is missing "remote controller" from the box. Then I said, it is not missing from Panasonic, but it is a returned product by someone who screwed up.

A company like Panasonic missing a part in any of their product package is slim to none. It is all Computer controlled assembly line. Each and every product is scanned step by step and if one part is missing, the package doesn't move forward in the conveyor belt. So a tired worker doesn't make any mistake in packing.

So the probability of missing a part in the box is zero, unless he purposely take it out after scanning that part or an Earth Quake hit at that moment.

So, what you got is a product that someone returned to them.

Also, you read on this board lots of people are returning products when they don't like it for simple reasons. What do you think where it goes? Simply sell it to another Maria or John.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-25-2009, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
I've had several instances of people claiming missing remotes or power cords on all kinds of electronics that showed up on close inspection of every nook and cranny in the styrofoam packing. If the box and all it's contents including packing foam and various plastic bags have all been carefully inspected and the cord is still missing then the probability is very high that the customer got a returned set.

I've bought way more electronics than I'd care to admit over the last 10 years or so. Often in the excitement of unpacking and setting up a new toy I've had to go back and search thru the packaging for "missing" remotes or cables, they've always turned up, sometimes in very unlikely places.

Steve S.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-29-2009, 12:11 PM

Any Power Cord used for a Desktop PC will sufice, if you are still missing the power cord after searching your packaging, call the Panasonic Call Center )1-800-211-PANA (7262) and they may send you the correct cord. Until that time any Desktop PC cord will not cause any damage or have the set run incorrectly.

HotlineNinja post as an Independent Servicer.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page