Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 129 Old 02-27-2010, 06:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post

Amazon is offering the 58b650 for $650 less than the 63b590. What do you guys think? Is it worth paying that much of a difference to go for the 63inch?y

Yes. That extra 5 inches of diagonal size translates to approximately 180 square inches of additional screen. And the 63" has great speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 129 Old 02-27-2010, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Amazon is offering the 58b650 for $650 less than the 63b590. What do you guys think? Is it worth paying that much of a difference to go for the 63inch?

You might want to look at what Vann's is charging for the PN63B590. I had a great experience dealing with them, and saved some money in the process. Be sure to have them send you their best price. Love that 63 inch screen!
post #93 of 129 Old 02-27-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk4114 View Post

You might want to look at what Vann's is charging for the PN63B590. I had a great experience dealing with them, and saved some money in the process. Be sure to have them send you their best price. Love that 63 inch screen!

Thanks for the information guys. I have been holding iff buying the TV in anticipation of the price dropping more as the release of the new models near but they have not moved as much. I am wondering if I should just take the jump before this models disappears and I end paying a premium for the new ones. But on the other hand the new 63 inch are not priced a lot more than the current model and supposed to me more efficient and hopefully will not have the buzzing issues either. What do you think?
post #94 of 129 Old 02-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
pulled the trigger on the 590, will be replacing a 4 year old 62" Toshiba dlp
post #95 of 129 Old 02-28-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:

I am wondering if I should just take the jump before this models disappears and I end paying a premium for the new ones. But on the other hand the new 63 inch are not priced a lot more than the current model and supposed to me more efficient and hopefully will not have the buzzing issues either. What do you think?

How do you know how much the new 63's cost?? I bought the 63b590 for about $1100 under their suggestd retail price. No buzzing issues what so ever.
post #96 of 129 Old 02-28-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahid View Post

How do you know how much the new 63's cost?? I bought the 63b590 for about $1100 under their suggestd retail price. No buzzing issues what so ever.

Saw some pricing on ABT. Where did you end buying yours from?
post #97 of 129 Old 02-28-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:

Saw some pricing on ABT. Where did you end buying yours from?

Best Buy it is on sale this week (I got it for a little lower), checkout the website,
post #98 of 129 Old 03-01-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahid View Post

Best Buy it is on sale this week (I got it for a little lower), checkout the website,

Thanks for the info. Were you able to go to the store and negotiate? That TV does not show availability in my area. I am checking amazon and Vanns as well since that will save me 8.25% in tax.
post #99 of 129 Old 03-01-2010, 09:00 AM

As I mentioned before I bought my PN63B590 at Vanns. My old rptv is 57" Hitachi. There is a big difference even though its only 6 inches diagonally. The surface area is that much bigger. The price at Vanns is the same as Best Buy but Vanns do not charge sales tax. Vanns will do curb delivery only but my delivery guy took it to the front of the house. You need two guys to lift the tv to a table or wall as its about 135 lbs and big.

Bottom line is I am very happy with this purchase. The picture is much brighter, clearer, and bigger. Adding the ps3 enable me to do streaming movies, play music, video and watch photos plus play bluray movies. Then you make your life easier by combining all these remotes into one using Logitech Harmony. All I need is to get a hot link to enable me to control the denon thru the cabinet door.

63" plasma, some amps, speakers, dvds, etc
post #100 of 129 Old 03-01-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoDLion View Post

As I mentioned before I bought my PN63B590 at Vanns. My old rptv is 57" Hitachi. There is a big difference even though its only 6 inches diagonally. The surface area is that much bigger. The price at Vanns is the same as Best Buy but Vanns do not charge sales tax. Vanns will do curb delivery only but my delivery guy took it to the front of the house. You need two guys to lift the tv to a table or wall as its about 135 lbs and big.

Bottom line is I am very happy with this purchase. The picture is much brighter, clearer, and bigger. Adding the ps3 enable me to do streaming movies, play music, video and watch photos plus play bluray movies. Then you make your life easier by combining all these remotes into one using Logitech Harmony. All I need is to get a hot link to enable me to control the denon thru the cabinet door.

Thanks for the info. I just sent you a PM if you do not mind, please respond. Thanks
post #101 of 129 Old 03-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Ok guys B590 came today from HHgregg but the screen had been cracked! ugh, new TV being shipped tomorrow have heard about this happening with some deliveries, do they toss these tvs off the trucks!?
post #102 of 129 Old 03-06-2010, 01:53 PM

I am not going to run break in slides on my 590 i received today.

Just going to keep it full screen and want to turn down settings for break in. I am assuming brightness and contrast should be turned down. Should color also be turned down?

What numbers should they be turned down to?

Never thought it would be this hard to choose a television
post #103 of 129 Old 03-06-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infliktor View Post

I am not going to run break in slides on my 590 i received today.

Just going to keep it full screen and want to turn down settings for break in. I am assuming brightness and contrast should be turned down. Should color also be turned down?

What numbers should they be turned down to?

I was about the to pull the trigger on a 590 but saw that the C590 specs on ABT. I may wait for the newer model as it seems to have some decent improvements that may justify the extra dollars....
post #104 of 129 Old 03-10-2010, 04:49 AM

This is not a complain but just an observation. I have a PN63B590. If I have the speaker selected to TV Speaker, the sound comes out on both the tv speaker and my home theater speakers. If I have it only on External Speaker, the sound comes out only on the home theater speakers. I can not figure this out. I am using the audio output jacks on the tv into my denon amp. I wonder if this is how it is design.

It turns out we prefer to have both speakers (tv and home theater) on anyway for normal tv viewing of news, etc. For music, I use the 5.1 sound system.

The other question is will I have a better audio if I use the optical audio output?

post #105 of 129 Old 03-10-2010, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoDLion View Post

This is not a complain but just an observation. I have a PN63B590. If I have the speaker selected to TV Speaker, the sound comes out on both the tv speaker and my home theater speakers. If I have it only on External Speaker, the sound comes out only on the home theater speakers. I can not figure this out. I am using the audio output jacks on the tv into my denon amp. I wonder if this is how it is design.

It turns out we prefer to have both speakers (tv and home theater) on anyway for normal tv viewing of news, etc. For music, I use the 5.1 sound system.

The other question is will I have a better audio if I use the optical audio output?

It sounds like the TV is doing exactly what it should be doing so I'm not clear what the question is. If you set the Samsung to external speakers only, as the name suggests, it will not output audio to the internal speakers. If you set it TV speakers, as the name suggests, it will output audio to the internal speakers. It doesn't care whether you also wired it to go to another device to redundantly output audio because you asked it to send sound to the internal speakers.
post #106 of 129 Old 03-10-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas View Post

It sounds like the TV is doing exactly what it should be doing so I'm not clear what the question is. If you set the Samsung to external speakers only, as the name suggests, it will not output audio to the internal speakers. If you set it TV speakers, as the name suggests, it will output audio to the internal speakers. It doesn't care whether you also wired it to go to another device to redundantly output audio because you asked it to send sound to the internal speakers.

If I set it to TV speakers I expect it to output ONLY to the tv's internal speaker and not to the external speakers which is my home theater 5.1 speakers. But mine is outputting to both.

(Okay you are right. I went to the manual. On page 30 there is a table. If TV Speaker is selected, it will output BOTH to the tv's internal speaker and also to the audio output (optical and L/R). That explains what I am seeing.)

post #107 of 129 Old 03-13-2010, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Im in between purchasing this tv or the Samsung PN58B650 or PN63B550 Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
post #108 of 129 Old 03-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

go with the size, 63" I have the 50 inch b650 in the bedroom and just got the 63" B590 and like the 590 even better! I am really pleased with the black levels
post #109 of 129 Old 03-13-2010, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
$1800 vs $2500?
post #110 of 129 Old 03-13-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

$1800 vs $2500?

That's exactly what I am questioning at the moment.
post #111 of 129 Old 03-15-2010, 02:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That's exactly what I am questioning at the moment.

well no one can really answer that, i was coming off a 62" DLP and didnt want to step far down in size, would have gone for a 60" plasma but yes cost is a issue when deciding what is best.
post #112 of 129 Old 03-18-2010, 02:27 PM

I'm noticing a strange problem when I replay shows that I've DVR'd - a single pixel will randomly flash red in various locations on the screen. Anyone share this problem or know what may cause it? I've never noticed it during regular broadcast or when playing DVDs. Thanks for any help.
post #113 of 129 Old 03-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

maybe a issue with your dvr or cable considering how it doesnt happen on all inputs
post #114 of 129 Old 03-21-2010, 02:53 PM

Hi Guys:
After much (at least one year) research and checking out the CU ratings, I sprang for the 63" B590. Pushing my beloved, 3 1/2 year old Sony 60" SXRD to the side. See more on the Sony SXRD below...
Mostly lovin' the Sammy. Got it a a sweet price. Set it up without needing the owners manual. Best TV I've ever seen! No burn-in procedure was followed except to keep it on full screen for a couple of weeks. No IR issues. No buzzing.
There is a small issue. The reds are noticeably tinged with yellow as well as the overall "look" of the panel. Adjusting the offset, gain and gamma hasn't helped. Contacted Magnolia (Best Buy) and they are sending a certified tech out on Saturday to hopefully, straighten things out.
I'll post corrections when I get them.
BTW the way, I contacted Samsung before calling Magnolia. Samsung sent out a local TV "expert" that promptly told me that "color" was a "personal choice" and he saw nothing wrong with my panel...LOOKED FINE TO HIM!!! Further, he refused my request for the access code to get into the sub-menus. The tech was here no more than 10 minutes. Great!
The Sony SXRD light engine lasted for 3 years. Still on the original lamp. When the light engine went bad (green) Sony sent out a technician that replaced the engine, No Charge and No BS!
post #115 of 129 Old 03-21-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetamES View Post

Hi Guys:
After much (at least one year) research and checking out the CU ratings, I sprang for the 63" B590. Pushing my beloved, 3 1/2 year old Sony 60" SXRD to the side. See more on the Sony SXRD below...
Mostly lovin' the Sammy. Got it a a sweet price. Set it up without needing the owners manual. Best TV I've ever seen! No burn-in procedure was followed except to keep it on full screen for a couple of weeks. No IR issues. No buzzing.
There is a small issue. The reds are noticeably tinged with yellow as well as the overall "look" of the panel. Adjusting the offset, gain and gamma hasn't helped. Contacted Magnolia (Best Buy) and they are sending a certified tech out on Saturday to hopefully, straighten things out.
I'll post corrections when I get them.
BTW the way, I contacted Samsung before calling Magnolia. Samsung sent out a local TV "expert" that promptly told me that "color" was a "personal choice" and he saw nothing wrong with my panel...LOOKED FINE TO HIM!!! Further, he refused my request for the access code to get into the sub-menus. The tech was here no more than 10 minutes. Great!
The Sony SXRD light engine lasted for 3 years. Still on the original lamp. When the light engine went bad (green) Sony sent out a technician that replaced the engine, No Charge and No BS!

I have the same set and loving it. I have the same very slight yellow tinge. I adjusted the tint. It was at 50/50 and I went to 41/59. See if that will improve it.

post #116 of 129 Old 03-28-2010, 06:28 PM

I thought that putting the tv into "widefit" mode would eliminate the black bars but it doesn't completely. It does cause the picture to fill up the screen more but the black bars are still there. I've tried every tv setting I have and there doesn't seem to be any way to get rid of them completely (watching high def tv I have no black bars), even watching blu ray I still have them. I've changed the settings on my blu ray player but no luck. Is this simply the way it's supposed to be?

Also have there been any software updates to the tv recently?
post #117 of 129 Old 04-18-2010, 10:01 PM

ha. nevermind!

an intellectual is a person who's found one thing that's more interesting than sex. -huxley
post #118 of 129 Old 04-20-2010, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Just received my 63" Sammy and am loving it so far! Great picture after a little tweaking and no buzzing. I had made up my mind late last year to buy the panasonic TC-P65V10 but with rising black level issue becoming more of a problem I reconsidered and started my search again a few months ago. When viewing the panasonic, samsung and LG plasmas at Magnoli Hi-Fi the samsung was a clear choice and significantly cheaper than the panasonic .

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

post #119 of 129 Old 04-21-2010, 05:51 PM

Just got this set and am wondering how a noob would apply the D'Nice settings found here.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1175721

Thanks.
post #120 of 129 Old 04-22-2010, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhanna36 View Post

Just got this set and am wondering how a noob would apply the D'Nice settings found here.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1175721

Thanks.

You can hire a isf calibrator like D-Nice (whom is rumored to be a very good calibrator) check here http://www.imagingscience.com/dealers.php?search=United States or you can buy a meter and calibrate yourself. Of course you could just buy a AVIA calibration DVD, but you wouldn't be able to measure anything .

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page