Samsung PN63B590 63-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV Customer Talk - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 129 Old 05-04-2010, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased a Samsung PN63B590 from Magnolia since it was on sale, which I assume is because its a 2009 model. So far I'm very pleased with the picture quality and find it a great TV. That being said I'm only a layman and probably not the best at reviews. I will say its the best TV I've ever purchased though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 129 Old 05-23-2010, 12:53 PM

I'm interested in knowing if Samsung's MR-00EA1 Media Extender will work with a 2009 PN63B590?
The specs for the MR-00EA1 state (2008 models only) but the 2009 PN63B590 has the Anynet+ support required. Does anybody have this combo working?
post #123 of 129 Old 05-28-2010, 03:26 AM

Recently a problem arose with my Samsung PN63B590 TV... The power on/off button the television doesn't appear to work. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

The power button on the television is located in the center, and is suppose to touch sensitive, but mine is none responsive. Luckily, my TV remote still works without any problems.
post #124 of 129 Old 06-02-2010, 02:12 PM

UPDATE: I called Samsung and reported the issue. They tech was helpful and polite. She scheduled a service appointment, and a service tech arrived about 7 days later. The service tech advised it was a rare, but known issue and replaced a tiny motherboard at the on/off switch. Now it works fine and didn't cost me anything since it was still under warranty.
post #125 of 129 Old 08-04-2010, 09:27 AM

After my 5 1/2 yr old 62" Mitsu DLP had a main board or color wheel failure, it was time for a replacement, had a 5 year warranty on it too... murphy's law. This is my main set in my living/family room as we have a dedicated theater that I built with a Runco/B&K/MA/Martin Logan setup. I searched for a replacement and narrowed it down to a few different Plamas, as the motion blur on the LCD/LED sets is still not refined, I was done with DLP's with blub replacement and lack of brightness in a bright room.

So, the way I came across this brand new in box set at BB... I was looking at the 8000 Series plasma, although didn't really want or need the 3D capability. I called around to the 6 local Best Buys in the Central Fl area and most stores just had other models on clearance that were display models. I did not want a display model with a lot of use and time on it already. One store across town was shipped a 63B590 recently and it was brand new in box. I looked at the C550, and the black levels looked horrible on those sets. It seems Samsung has lowered the quality of the C550... I purchased the 63B590 with out seeing the picture quality based on recomendations here and other reviews. It should be delivered tomorrow & I will post up our initial impressions of the unit! I got a pretty good price on it too... $2100, can't beat that.
post #126 of 129 Old 08-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarnBarn View Post

I looked at the C550, and the black levels looked horrible on those sets. It seems Samsung has lowered the quality of the C550... I purchased the 63B590 with out seeing the picture quality based on recomendations here and other reviews. It should be delivered tomorrow & I will post up our initial impressions of the unit! I got a pretty good price on it too... $2100, can't beat that.

From all of the reports I've ever read, the 63b590 is a great tv. What you were seeing about the c550 was probably the store. The 63c550 measures blacks at least as good as the b650, which would be comparable to the b590. However the c550 filter doesn't seem as good as the b590's ultra-bright (or whatever it was called) filter. So the c550 won't hold it's blacks as well in bright light.
post #127 of 129 Old 08-14-2010, 09:38 AM

Ok, finally got our 63B590 delivered last Thursday after a big delivery mix up with BB, this being the last one in stock in the local area. First impressions: wow, what an amazing improvment over my old 62" Mitsu DLP. The black levels are much better than the C550 that we veiwed in store, then again it could have been due to the florescent lighting in store, although the LED sets had much better black level, maybe something to do with the way the light is absorbed/reflected in the plasma sets. I then tried some of Adamg's settings, the day mode and it improved the overall picture quality substantially. I am going to try the other settings and keep the contrast down for the first few weeks of viewing. So far, just watched 1080i Comcast, planning on getting a Sammy blu ray player from BB. Any other recomendations for a Blu ray player?

One question that I haven't found on here yet: How do you access the service menu? I want to turn day/night mode on to have the option between the two.

Thanks!
post #128 of 129 Old 08-17-2010, 06:50 AM

Found the service menu online, did a search and came up on Samsung's forum. Have the day/night mode enabled, although just the standard and movie would be enough settings for this main TV that does primarily regular cable TV viewing. Happy with it so far & have only 16 hours logged in yet!
post #129 of 129 Old 04-01-2013, 06:41 AM

Purchased mine in February 2010. Great picture quality with very excellent refresh rate. Awesome watching blu-ray movies. Disappointed with no Firmware updates and never did anything with the "Anynet" feature.

Still reading through these posts. Any recommendations on what to do (if anything) with Anynet would be helpful.

Thanks!

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page