Panasonic 2010 Plasma Models - Page 19 - AVS Forum
First ... 17  18  19 20  21  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Panasonic 2010 Plasma Models
wase4711's Avatar wase4711 11:39 AM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

True, but I bet the new V lineup will be about the same MSRP as the current units, if they was an increase I bet it is no more than 25%.

Agree; so, if the "retail price for a 65v10 is/was $3999, then adding 25% to that, the retail for the new model would be approx $4999, as I stated before.

add 100 bucks for glasses, and you are over 5 grand...

scorpio_87's Avatar scorpio_87 11:44 AM 01-10-2010
Does the G series have a single layer of glass like the V, or is it the same double glass nonsense from Panasonic?

And what's the deal with the S2? Is it actually better than the S1? Is it comparable to the G25 in picture quality?
eonibm's Avatar eonibm 11:46 AM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

S= crippled PDP module

This was the answer in reference to the question originally posted by StinDaWg about whether the S series has a different panel that does not take advantage of the newer tech to lower black level idle luminance, as he has no need (like me) for internet widgets, 24p, THX etc. Does that answer mean it doesn't have the same black level idle luminance as the V and G series? Or does the 'crippled' refer to other features?

It seems to me there is a much bigger market for the P65S1/S2 than there is for the P65V10/V25 so I think a lot of people are interested in the answer to the question of what is different in the panel itself and its colour reproduction, ability to handle motion blur, and black level compared to the V series, rather than the bells and whistles extraneous to this.
runner66's Avatar runner66 11:48 AM 01-10-2010
does anyone know how many hdmi and compont viedo hook ups there will be on the 65v25 i hope 5 hdmi and 2 compont just trying to see what people think there will be.
AlanBuck's Avatar AlanBuck 11:53 AM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_87 View Post

Does the G series have a single layer of glass like the V, or is it the same double glass nonsense from Panasonic?

And what's the deal with the S2? Is it actually better than the S1? Is it comparable to the G25 in picture quality?

Any chance the 2010 V-series is really using the Kuro design panels? (or an updated version of the Kuro panel)
tlh1005's Avatar tlh1005 11:59 AM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post

those of you that know anything about sales and marketing know that these glasses and TV's will be priced as premium products upon their initial release; Panasonic is no different than any other company, in that they want to make the MAXIMUM PROFIT on any new/hot/unique technology when it first comes out, before they have to cut prices to meet competition; if a 2d 65 inch tv has a retail of 3999, you can bet the 3d version will be at least 4999; the glasses will probably be 100 bucks a pair each for extra's, until the cheap, Chinese knock-offs come around for 29.99

Just like I paid 1,499 for my first vhs many years ago, with a WIRED remote control; this "new" technology, will be priced MUCH HIGHER the first year or 2 that it will be in year 3 and on...Don't expect companies like Panasonic or Samsung to forego lots of profit to get this things out to as many people as possible..thats just not how companies do things when they roll out new technologies..Profit is their only motivation..

Newer manufacturing and product technologies make up for a lot these days compared to the early 80's. Companies don't cut prices just because of competition, they also do it because down the road they get larger quantities of parts cheaper, and new facilities come on line to produce more inventory. Workers and the process become more efficient. Panasonic has a couple of new plants working now. We'll just have to wait and see. Since everyone is guessing though, I am going to go with a MSRP of $4399 for the 65VT25.
tlh1005's Avatar tlh1005 12:02 PM 01-10-2010
People need to read through the thread before asking certain questions. It's not like its 300 pages like some of the others.
runner66's Avatar runner66 12:17 PM 01-10-2010
if you are talking about me i see it has 4 hdmi but no were does it say anything about compont viedo if it does i dont see it sorry to get u all upset for asking something in a fourm were people go to get answers
AlanBuck's Avatar AlanBuck 12:18 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh1005 View Post

People need to read through the thread before asking certain questions. It's not like its 300 pages like some of the others.

If you know the answer why don't you be helpful and post THAT, instead of wasting space with snide remarks?? We are here to learn about new products, and there is a lot of speculation and conflicting info at this point.
runner66's Avatar runner66 12:21 PM 01-10-2010
i dont know the answer how many compont video do u
daniel'son's Avatar daniel'son 12:28 PM 01-10-2010
.. Panasonic awarded CEA awards (v25 included):

http://www.panasonic.com/promos/ces/...ation%20Awards

oh boy, my lady-friend will really love the Iron; even better than before, its goes 360degrees & is 25% faster.
Ed Van Belkom's Avatar Ed Van Belkom 12:29 PM 01-10-2010
I am also going to go with a MSRP of $4399 for the 65VT25.

I also have one more question.

I am also getting the Panasonic 3D player when it comes out and the Emotiva UMC-1 prepro that handles 1.3 HDMI.

Since the player has a 1.4 HDMI out and another 1.3 HDMI out, using the 1.3 HDMI out and connecting it to one of the Emotiva UMC-1 prepro 1.3 HDMI inputs should take care of the audio connection correct? I will be using the players 1.4 HDMI output directly to the TV.
RobbyTV's Avatar RobbyTV 01:08 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_87 View Post

good luck finding this out. Obviously who ever went to CES to check out the new Panasonic plasma TV's don't know how to review TV's.

And who ever did review them and found out this question is not reporting it on the AVS forum.

but as we all know.... we will find out in time...........

I am sure D-Nice knows... but he can't leak out information with out permision from the insiders he knows that work for Panasonic.
tlh1005's Avatar tlh1005 01:20 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner66 View Post

if you are talking about me i see it has 4 hdmi but no were does it say anything about compont viedo if it does i dont see it sorry to get u all upset for asking something in a fourm were people go to get answers

Comment wasn't directed at your HDMI question runner66.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBuck View Post

If you know the answer why don't you be helpful and post THAT, instead of wasting space with snide remarks?? We are here to learn about new products, and there is a lot of speculation and conflicting info at this point.

Why is it snide? Because it is true?

If people are here to learn about new products they might be served by actually reading the content instead of seeking instant gratification by posting certain questions...

Maybe my "wasted space" will inspire others to read through the threads more rather than post a question that shows they obviously didn't make ANY effort to do so.
RicheyPoor's Avatar RicheyPoor 01:32 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:

does anyone know how many hdmi and compont viedo hook ups there will be on the 65v25 i hope 5 hdmi and 2 compont just trying to see what people think there will be.

Four HDMI but one is on the side. Don't know about component. See this for more:
http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...amp;-Media.htm
Aliens's Avatar Aliens 03:26 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'son View Post

.. Panasonic awarded CEA awards (v25 included):

http://www.panasonic.com/promos/ces/...ation%20Awards

oh boy, my lady-friend will really love the Iron; even better than before, its goes 360degrees & is 25% faster.

But it’s lacking a TV screen. Sorry, no new iron until they incorporate a TV and add 5.1.
DocuMaker's Avatar DocuMaker 04:05 PM 01-10-2010
How about a swivel stand? Did the engineering geniuses at Panasonic figure out how to make a swivel stand for their displays yet? Wasn't the 50 inch V10 the only Panny last year that came with a swivel stand? Will Panasonic be feeling generous enough to expand this feature across their entire line-up?

Ugly panels, ugly remotes, lack of swivel stands, no pip/pop/pap means probably no sale as far as I'm concerned.
RobbyTV's Avatar RobbyTV 04:23 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocuMaker View Post

Ugly panels, ugly remotes, lack of swivel stands, no pip/pop/pap means probably no sale as far as I'm concerned.

true, except for the V series.
Duck05's Avatar Duck05 04:34 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eonibm View Post

I am trying to figure out whether to hold on my P65S1 and wait for the S2 or not. Most of the chatter on here seems to be about the V series, which it does seem to be worth waiting for, but then D-Nice (whomever he is) said it's worth it to wait for [all] the 2010 models. Why am I confused?

You have some reading to do - then you will discover who D-Nice is.....
D-Nice's Avatar D-Nice 05:16 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post

I just find it weird reading about these guys who went to CES and said the 2010 models have blacks as deep as a 9G Kuro, yet D-Nice keeps coming on here saying that they will only watch 8G levels (.004fL). I don't think D-Nice has actually seen a 2010 model in person yet and is just going off specs he has received from his "sources" so we'll see soon enough.

I never said such a thing. You insinuated that per one my post that I asked the question, paraphrasing here, "What if they equaled".

Last time i checked, I specifically said that the black levels would be 50% less than the current 12G Panasonics. That is the ONLY direct comment I have said about the 13G Panasonics.
psi_chemie's Avatar psi_chemie 05:42 PM 01-10-2010
Hey all- first post here. Been reading for a few months

True story-

I have not had TV for 6 years. When I did have TV, it was a small screen <30".

I usually watch movies and shows on my macbook, which has been pretty good.

But recently, I've paid off debt, gotten raises, etc. etc. and I have decided to get a TV. I've chosen plasma as my tech. I pretty much just watch movies and some shows on DVD- I do not watch live TV.

I've also narrowed down the manufacturer to Panasonic. I almost got a G before Christmas- but then I saw Avatar in 3D. I rank that experience right up there with the first time watching Star Wars and one of my top 5 favorite movie experiences. The first few minutes of the 3D my eyes had to adjust. But once they did, it was great. No headache, no problems, other than pretty much being blown away. (Also first 3D movie I have seen)

And then I read on here about next/this year's Panasonic Plasmas having 3D. Some people are down on the 3D. I originally didn't care about the 3D. But now I'm pretty sure I want that capability.

So I guess I'm stuck with a VT25. I am assuming the price of the VT25 needed to get 3D over the G will probably be a few hundred bucks.

Since I haven't just bought an HDTV in the last few years... I think I am going to go all the way and get the VT25, unless it's WAY more expensive.

I think I'd pay 2500 for a 58" VT 25. If it's over 3K, probably would just go with the S2. What is the point of the G10 vs S2? (Especially if I get Vieracast/netflix/etc from the blu ray player)

Thanks all for all the great info and interesting reading.

Hopefully the prices/release date will be out soon.

-mike
RandyWalters's Avatar RandyWalters 05:50 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eonibm View Post

I am trying to figure out whether to hold on my P65S1 and wait for the S2 or not. Most of the chatter on here seems to be about the V series, which it does seem to be worth waiting for, but then D-Nice (whomever he is) said it's worth it to wait for [all] the 2010 models. Why am I confused?

Do you realize that the 65 inch S2 won't become available until August or September? That's a LOOOONNG wait !
Shurenuff's Avatar Shurenuff 05:51 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post

Agree; so, if the "retail price for a 65v10 is/was $3999, then adding 25% to that, the retail for the new model would be approx $4999, as I stated before.

add 100 bucks for glasses, and you are over 5 grand...

No way this happens, especially for the 65". No more than $200-300 more, and even less to really sell these and compete with the rest of the industry.

Wait and see I guess.
Duck05's Avatar Duck05 05:51 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

Do you realize that the 65 inch S2 won't become available until August or September?

And the S2 is not 3D.... (unless I read the first post incorrectly...)
wmwilker's Avatar wmwilker 06:02 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:

per Panasonic's web site there 2 component inputs on the V10. No reason this will change.
eonibm's Avatar eonibm 06:40 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBuck View Post

Any chance the 2010 V-series is really using the Kuro design panels? (or an updated version of the Kuro panel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck05 View Post

Who said august? I thought it was the spring.
mustangs1's Avatar mustangs1 07:09 PM 01-10-2010
Panasonic's upping the contrast to 5,000:1 native is clearly a sign of KURO implementation.
tunaman4u2's Avatar tunaman4u2 07:40 PM 01-10-2010
A quick summary for those not reading the thread like I did would be
2009 to 2010
G10 to G20 seems like a worth upgrade with the contrast changes, SKYPE, efficiency improvements & hopefully better colors (per CNET review)
S1 to S2 seems completely unchanged, No need to wait
Higher end isn't in my price range...
RandyWalters's Avatar RandyWalters 07:51 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangs1 View Post

Panasonic's upping the contrast to 5,000:1 native is clearly a sign of KURO implementation.

Or, just a bunch of unsubstantiated marketing hype
cajieboy's Avatar cajieboy 08:31 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck05 View Post

Correct. Only on the VT Series....Panasonic's new top of the line model. Looks sweet, and can't wait for some hard reviews.
First ... 17  18  19 20  21  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop