Panasonic 2010 Plasma Models - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Vizio also announced some soundbar options at CES, so I wonder if that extra bezel at the bottom is to accommodate those if somebody chooses to buy one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 117
There is a Vizio thread about their 72 inch LCD set, on the LCD forum, where it belongs. Why are people hijacking the 2010 Panasonic Plasma models thread, to discuss and post pictures of a Vizio LCD set.
post #723 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 47
You're right. Sorry about that, but just got curious. Deleted pic/post.
post #724 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

You will not see me add one additional tidbit of info regarding the 13G Panasonics on this forum until my reviews.

Are you planning on testing for the rising idle blacks when you review the sets?
post #725 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 05:31 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbobbb View Post

first nomination for best post of 2010!

bravo!
:d
post #726 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post

no soundbar, i like that translucent bezel.

I still think it looks remarkably similar to the Toshiba 670. Just larger.
post #727 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

I think the Vizio and the Panny are the two sets that a lot of us are looking at getting this year. Each one has it's good and bad points. While this is the Panny thread there will be some comparison between the two as they will be priced about the same but one just happens to be 7" larger. That does mean something to some of us. You will see the same in the Vizio thread also.
post #728 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Anyone else quietly drooling about getting one of the 65" sets with deep blacks?

Yes!

I think these unit tend to look better in person.
If the VX200 is within 2K of the VX65 than I may go for it on looks alone.

Otherwise, I consider it a temporary display while I wait for perfect black levels and a 75" display.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #729 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I want the Vizio for its size and price but going with panasonic for better contast and mostly because of better 3D handling.
post #730 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

I have one bad eye so I cannot see the 3d effect therefore it means nothing to me.
post #731 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 06:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 519
post #732 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesky View Post

I like the look of them. Mainly I just hope they have improved them as much as they say. What the hell happened for DNice to avoid posting more intel for us?

I believe it happened here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Quote:

Frankly, I'd rather have no answer than an answer that just keeps you guessing.

No problem. Going forward, I will not provide any info regarding any unreleased Panasonic. I'll let Panasonic and others provide the info.

Unfortunately, D-Nice is sticking to his word.
post #733 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 157
He can be a baby if he wants and play these games but the fact is he doesn't walk on water and if he doesn't want to talk about it then he won't. Move on people.
post #734 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post

He can be a baby if he wants and play these games but the fact is he doesn't walk on water and if he doesn't want to talk about it then he won't. Move on people.

money talks........ D-Nice is pretty much done giving out free information. He has got what he wants making a big name on AVS. So now he can pick and choose what info he gives us AVS members.

I am sure many people in the calibration world have told him not to give out free settings anymore because it would hurt the calibration business. etc......
post #735 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenland View Post

There is a Vizio thread about their 72 inch LCD set, on the LCD forum, where it belongs. Why are people hijacking the 2010 Panasonic Plasma models thread, to discuss and post pictures of a Vizio LCD set.

exactly...... maybe if it was a 72 inch Plasma it would have a place here.
post #736 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Seeing how THX certification means green...

Infinity Black Pro must mean grey or light black.
post #737 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 10:21 PM

Well if we want to get the thread back on track, can't anyone who went to CES tell us how thick these new Pannys are going to be? If I would have gone I would have brought a tape measure and measured them all myself.
post #738 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Does anyone know if the VT25 will be compatible with the PS3? Im hearing conflicting reports that a Sony TV is mandatory and others saying that any upcoming 3D TV will work with the PS3 after the update.
post #739 of 5848 Old 01-12-2010, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocuMaker View Post

Well if we want to get the thread back on track, can't anyone who went to CES tell us how thick these new Pannys are going to be? If I would have gone I would have brought a tape measure and measured them all myself.

forget about it.... because nobody that went to CES that reports here on AVS knows how to do a review.

zero reviews that give good information so far and counting....
post #740 of 5848 Old 01-13-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyTV View Post

money talks........ D-Nice is pretty much done giving out free information. He has got what he wants making a big name on AVS. So now he can pick and choose what info he gives us AVS members.

I am sure many people in the calibration world have told him not to give out free settings anymore because it would hurt the calibration business. etc......

I think it's absolutely incredible how people choose to insult an enthusiast who gave so much to the community simply because he got sick of idiots and stopped giving. Read your comments and think about whether YOU would offend your personal friends and contacts to give confidential information to the grasping, childish rabble posting here? Without insider information, this thread is doomed to three months of inane, baseless conjecture.

D-Nice doesn't owe us anything; however, as a contributing member of this forum, he is owed a certain amount of respect.
post #741 of 5848 Old 01-13-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:

I don't know if there's an official number, but 3" seems to be an accepted guess here.
post #742 of 5848 Old 01-13-2010, 03:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBeaky View Post

D-Nice doesn't owe us anything; however, as a contributing member of this forum, he is owed a certain amount of respect.

I don't owe D-Nice anything.

he has always been rude to me.

and he has a free ticket to insult other members.
post #743 of 5848 Old 01-13-2010, 05:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:

As a general statement, everyone deserves a certain level of respect. Whether it goes up or down depends entirely on what they do.

I've been out of the display subforum for a few months and was a little surprised of D-Nice's cryptic messages. If you're going to post...have it complete enough to make sense or don't post. The trolls will always be around so no point making yourself crazy trying to answer them. Take the high road.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #744 of 5848 Old 01-13-2010, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter
VFR
AVS Special Member

Quote:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post17880878
post #745 of 5848 Old 01-13-2010, 05:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I was curious about that myself. This is the only side shot I've seen:
http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...mp;-Remote.htm
To me it looks to be about 2 1/4" - Not the thinnest TV on the market but not bad either...
post #746 of 5848 Old 01-13-2010, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan48 View Post

Does anyone know if the VT25 will be compatible with the PS3? Im hearing conflicting reports that a Sony TV is mandatory and others saying that any upcoming 3D TV will work with the PS3 after the update.

Sony is already having a tough time selling the PS3, and with the 3D shift, they aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot. Odds are when the update hits, the PS3 will be the cheapest 3D blu-ray player on the market for a few months, and Sony will not want to limit it to only Sony LCD owners they will want everyone to buy one or continue to use their PS3 as a 3D blu-ray player. (they want to get that install base up so more people will buy games, because even if you got it as a blu-ray player, odds are you tried a few games as well)

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #747 of 5848 Old 01-13-2010, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I think it's absolutely incredible how people choose to insult an enthusiast who gave so much to the community simply because he got sick of idiots and stopped giving. Read your comments and think about whether YOU would offend your personal friends and contacts to give confidential information to the grasping, childish rabble posting here? Without insider information, this thread is doomed to three months of inane, baseless conjecture.

+1 DNice can be sensitive at times to some of the more annoying members of this board and I don't blame him for it. I'm a little surprised he lasted this long. Since he is among the more knowledgeable members here and does share this knowledge with us it makes these threads much more informative and interesting for those of us who work in other fields and enjoy this as a past time. No one who matters here thinks he is some sort of cult like figure as we simply enjoy what he adds and since he is pulling back there is a loss. And if someone is intentionally annoying him then it is not cool.
post #748 of 5848 Old 01-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Sony is already having a tough time selling the PS3, and with the 3D shift, they aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot. Odds are when the update hits, the PS3 will be the cheapest 3D blu-ray player on the market for a few months, and Sony will not want to limit it to only Sony LCD owners they will want everyone to buy one or continue to use their PS3 as a 3D blu-ray player. (they want to get that install base up so more people will buy games, because even if you got it as a blu-ray player, odds are you tried a few games as well)

I hope so, because you are right they will shoot themselves in the foot and piss many people off. I am not going to pay 4k-5k for a 52in led/lcd from sony just for 3d. 3D is cool and all and i really liked what i saw, will be great with the PS3 games, but being forced to get a sony tv to work is BS.
post #749 of 5848 Old 01-13-2010, 08:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

So...you will have to have one of the 3d TVs in order to have a 3D enabled PS3 work ?????

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #750 of 5848 Old 01-13-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

So...you will have to have one of the 3d TVs in order to have a 3D enabled PS3 work ?????

Yes you will.

Almost ten years ago I wrote an article for a website about 3d shutter glass tech on CRT monitors. Run of the mill CRT tech could do 140hz depending on the resolution and the glasses did work on pretty much any CRT monitor. The birth of the flat panel was a huge step backwards for 3d (if not wall mounting options).

Back then the monitor had nothing to do with the glasses. The video out and or PC was responsible for making sure the glasses synced with the display. This might be the case with the PS3 and rumored USB connected 3d glasses.

My goal is to get a new Panny V series and install the Nvidia 3D vision drivers on my HTPC (mainly for gaming but Blu-Ray too). If I can use the glasses that came with the TV that's a bonus but I assume I'll need a pair that can somehow receive sync information from the PC.

Edit: The reason the picture is dim in 3d mode is because the glasses are blocking roughly 50% of the photons headed to your eyes. You need to roughly double the brightness setting to get the same amount of light to your eyes. Hopefully these TVs have a 3d mode specific setting that automatically increases the brightness. A guy can dream.

See these links:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Main.html
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...Bundle_us.html
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page