Samsung picture size mode -- 16:9, wide, screen fit, totally confused - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 12-05-2013, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Cassidy,
There are settings in your cable box that many new and regular hdtv users are not aware of at all. The settings within the cable box can and will effect your viewing and listening. You will need to call your cable co. and they will tell you how to access the cable box settings...they are different for different cable boxes. Do yourself a favor and write down and keep directions the cable co gives you how to get into cable box to check your settings. I will give you ONE example of the type of settings I am talking about: Many folks will hook up a sound bar or some other audio speaker source to an hdtv and select dolby digital mode(s) on their new speaker device and they think they are now automatically receiving audio via dolby....not necessarily true at all....if the setting within the cable box has dolby turned off (many do) then there is NO DOLBY SOURCE coming through the speakers even though the listener thinks he/she is receiving dolby....see what I am saying here?.... yes, there are other settings in cable box to be checked out for your video and audio for your hdtv , so call your cable co and write it down. Hope this helps you and any others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 02-09-2014, 05:27 PM

I cannot get to any menu except choosing 780I or 180.  How'd di you get to that particular menu?

post #33 of 35 Old 02-11-2014, 04:09 AM

You will need to call your cable co for help in accessing the menu.
post #34 of 35 Old 02-11-2014, 06:08 PM

Thanks.

post #35 of 35 Old 02-13-2014, 06:13 AM

Let me know what the cable co tells you. Note: some of these reps that take calls at the cable co. are not up to speed in answering your request for how to get to the MENU IN THE CABLE BOX ITSELF. Many times they will take you to the menu wihin the "SET UP" icon of the regular main menu on your screen. This is NOT what you want insist on that you want the menu WITHIN the cable box itself. If they get confused ask to speak to a senior tech or schedule an at home appointment for them to come to residence. Yet today, many folks using their HDTV's have no idea that sound and picture will be greatly improved once menu's within the cable box itself are properly tweaked. If all this fails goggle your make and model of cable box and look for adjust settings or the like. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Xbr Kdl 46xbr6 46 Inch 1080p 120hz Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page