Which is the latest/top-end 60" Kuro monitor? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-16-2010, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I've decided to get a Kuro while it's still possible, and I want to make sure I get the right model, particularly because at this point I'll probably need to purchase from an internet retailer that I've probably never heard of before.

I'm finding all of the model #s confusing, and I want to make sure I get the "right" one.

I want: the 60" size highest-end display, but all of the similar model #s (141FD, 151FD, 111FD) are a bit confusing, as well as the different monikers (Pro, Elite, Signature, etc.).

I understand that the 9G models are the better displays, so that's the generation I'm interested in.

I don't need the tuner or speakers since I'll be supplying my own, so I think I'm okay getting the monitor, unless someone can describe any other specific benefits to the television model that I would be missing out on. I understand the monitor model also doesn't come with the stand, which I'll have to try to purchase separately, since I won't be wall-mounting.

Which model is the one I want? And if anyone has any suggestions on a trustworthy internet retailer that still has stock of this model (and stand), I'd appreciate hearing about them.

Thanks,
R

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
60" monitors:
PRO 141FD
KRP 600M

60" TV:
PRO 151FD
PDP 6020
post #3 of 5 Old 01-16-2010, 03:05 PM

Check out the price on the monitor vs. the TV. I seem to recall that despite the fact you're getting the stand, internal amplifier and speakers, the television version was actually less expensive than the monitor. The salesman told me something about the monitor panels being hand-picked or something, so maybe that justifies the price difference. You can leave the speakers off the television if you don't want them.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-17-2010, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Thanks for the model #s, Scorpio_87. I read in a review that the Pro 141FD is the 8G model. Should I take it that means the KRP 600M is the 9G model?

Is the 9G model clearly the superior version to get, or did the 141FD remain a favorite for some reason?

Edit: for some reason, I can't find nearly as much information on the KRP 600M online as I can the 141FD, especially in terms of reviews. Is there a reason this model doesn't seem to have as much coverage and information available as the 141FD?

-R

post #5 of 5 Old 01-17-2010, 01:01 AM

The PRO-141FD is the best of Pioneer's excellent 60" lineup, and is Pioneer's "Signature" 60". The KRP-600M uses the same panel and has identical picture, but is missing features such as ISFCCC out of the box (but that can be added by an aftermarket patch). The Pro-151FD is the Elite model, with slightly inferior picture quality to the PRO-141FD, but includes a tuner, pedestal, and speakers built-in/in the box.

It seems like Pioneer will never be bested
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page