AVS Forum banner

Where can I find link to THX fix for my G15?

930 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Turbolover 
#1 ·
Guys does anybody know where I can find link to THX fix for TC-PG15? I heard that its only available to techs but someone must have it here?

Thanks

#2 ·
The direct links to the download and the instructions were recently posted in the THX Issues thread IIRC.

#3 ·
#5 ·
TC-P46G15

Mine has a build date of May 2009.

I called Panasonic and fix was carried out by a local repair shop.

The first step was the firmware fix listed in link above installed by booting from Tech's first SD-Card provided by Panasonic.

The second step was another firmware upgrade to the "A Board" from a second SD card technician had with him...hope this info helps others. (they don't need to open up TV just enter service menu to set tv to boot from SD Card then boot from separate cards twice).

It has resolved problem for me. Previous to this fix when I tried to setup Standard mode myself using Avia 2 disk I own could never get colors and tint right. Which is now resolved. THX mode default's also did not test properly using Avia 2 for Color and Tint this is also resolved.

Happy with out of box experience now whole process was resolved by Panasonic. Wish I hadn't waited so long.

Looking forward to my visit with my ISF calibrator in April.

Folks the company stands behind it's product the repair is free just call in and get it done...this is first TV that I have owned (4th HD TV) that is pretty darn close out of box (once repaired) think most would be happy after fix is applied. I am used to looking at other two TV's in house which are also ISF calibrated so notice small differences...(also an Amateur photographer so accurate color is important for me).

PS

If your TV has been professionally calibrated this need not concern you the calibrator would have resolved issue when there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.