BEWARE of Sams club auctions when deciding where to purchase your plasma - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-26-2010, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I had my eye on a PN58B540 at auctions dot samslub dot com as it was ending in an hour. The bid was very low at the time(in the 9's) before $100 shipping and tax. Well, the bid hardly moved throughout the hour, and I gave serious consideration to placing a bid. I even got the confirmation from the boss .

I looked throughout the item page, but never saw what condition the set was in. I thought htis was odd, so I googled this and found 1 complaint of these auctions passing off refurbs items as new w/o warranty and not accepting returns.

I called and spoke to a rep, WHO CONFIRMED THE ITEMS ON THEIR AUCTIONS CAN BE OVERSTOCKS, RETURNS, OR REFURBS.

Long story short, I didnt bid and the set went for a FANTASTIC price, but sadly, the winner could get a buzzer or another issue that he/she is stuck with.

XBL Gamertag: RagingPhinsFan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-20-2013, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been buying on Sam's club auctions for three years now. and have bought a LOT of things over 50 items. I have had broken stuff in shipping and Sam's club refunded my money and shipping, Also I have had thing that have broke after I have received them eg:TV and they replaced that too. even paid for shipping both ways. I called yesterday after reading your post and they do put refurbs on the auction site but they carry the same warranty as a new one, and it WILL state it on the auction if it is a return or refurb item. I have seen refurb items on there a long time ago. but returns will NOT be put on auction whatsoever. And as for overstock duh no kidding that is a good place to get rid of overstocked stuff. I am very happy with Sam's Club Auctions.

I can shop and never leave the house and I know its back by Sam's Club.

Kevin in Gainesville, GA
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page