The Official Panasonic G20/25 Owner's Discussion Thread [no price talk] - Page 286 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 284  285  286
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > The Official Panasonic G20/25 Owner's Discussion Thread [no price talk]
34HFX83's Avatar 34HFX83 07:42 PM 01-09-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Dvdo VP would do the trick, more expensive option would be a Lumagen VP.

Which one allows 10 point gamma adjustment?

blacksunseven's Avatar blacksunseven 11:05 AM 01-22-2015
I've searched this thread but not found an adequate discussion/answer to my question so I thought I'd just ask it directly: are any other owners noticing "fuzziness" in their colors at this point? I'm an infrequent user of my 50" g25 but have started noticing, especially in the blacks, fuzziness or static-like interference. Is this normal for aging plasmas? Is there anything I can do to fix it or do I just accept my TV's demise and move on? This issue occurs across different inputs and devices as well.
galonzo's Avatar galonzo 12:34 PM 01-22-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksunseven View Post
I've searched this thread but not found an adequate discussion/answer to my question so I thought I'd just ask it directly: are any other owners noticing "fuzziness" in their colors at this point? I'm an infrequent user of my 50" g25 but have started noticing, especially in the blacks, fuzziness or static-like interference. Is this normal for aging plasmas? Is there anything I can do to fix it or do I just accept my TV's demise and move on? This issue occurs across different inputs and devices as well.
Mine is my bedroom TV (so probably the most used), and I haven't noticed this at all since I had it. I even ran the color slides when I first purchased it. Have you tried running a different surge protector or UPS?
Urmas Täht's Avatar Urmas Täht 02:12 PM 02-03-2015
I replaced mainbord TX-P42G20E, blinking 10.
It´s work now, but the software is not compatible:check sum is red.This board was in TX-P50G20E.
Does anyone have a soft to TX-P42G20E?
file boardreplace.pwd
Attached: panasonic_txp42g20e_data_copy_by_sd_card.png (293.6 KB) 
80sGuy's Avatar 80sGuy 05:30 AM 02-06-2015
Alright guys, too much to dig through with no results....I'm looking to get a 'wifi dongle' for my TC-P42G25, and need suggestions for compatibility and reliable model. Since I'm not using the TV to stream media as much (at least not for movies since it can only send 2.0 stereo sound to my receiver) and it is a waste to have that cat5 cable attached to its back. Looking to route it to my new Oppo Blu-Ray player instead.
gregoryperkins's Avatar gregoryperkins 09:04 AM 02-06-2015
Get a bridge. I use a linksys AC that I got for about $30. It works great for my Tivo Mini and receiver. I don't even bother with the apps on the tv. The Tivo is much better.

Currently $38 at newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-018-_-Product
gregoryperkins's Avatar gregoryperkins 09:14 AM 02-06-2015
I put my TV (42" G25) up in the bedroom and tried my go to surround sound demo disc, Master and Commander.

The sound was great, but the tv looked terrible when the ship went into the fog at the end of the first battle. Lots of banding in the grey. I don't recall seeing that before. Currently it's paired with a Pioneer receiver and Panasonic BD via hdmi, thx setting (unmodified).

I will rerun it on my main theater and see how it looks on my projector and LG plasma.

I don't recall ever seeing pq problems like that when it was with the projector (LG bd, Yamaha receiver, Mitsubishi projector) but I may not have tried it with the tv. I generally watch movies on the 106" projector and use the tv for cable during the day.
80sGuy's Avatar 80sGuy 09:27 AM 02-06-2015
^^Probably gonna buy one of those Netgear USB dongle for under $20. I hardy used the Viera feature but I'd like to have some sort of connection just in case. For the picture quality you described, tried turning on 'Blur Reduction' on the TV setting.
booloo's Avatar booloo 01:54 PM 02-15-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
^^Probably gonna buy one of those Netgear USB dongle for under $20. I hardy used the Viera feature but I'd like to have some sort of connection just in case. For the picture quality you described, tried turning on 'Blur Reduction' on the TV setting.
Has anyone upgraded from the G25? And if so, what did you guys decide on? I am going back and forth as to whether or not I should upgrade and get a 2014 Plasma before I can no longer grab one.

I was in Best Buy and man, none of the LED offerings were impressing me, especially for the prices demanded for them.

I recently picked up a 43" 720p Samsung Plasma for $230 as a fire sale and I am just blown away with the color accuracy, blacks and over all PQ. I almost want to say it beats out the 54" G25 I purchased in 2010. Has Plasma tech really moved that much in 4 years time?

I am seeing some 60-64" Samsung Plasmas that have great prices. And if I can get by the Pentile display, I feel it would be a nice set to have. But is it a worthy upgrade on the G25, which has never given me a single problem?

Just looking to see what owners of this set think and if any have upgraded their sets to something current. Thanks for reading!
80sGuy's Avatar 80sGuy 02:11 PM 02-15-2015
^^I regret not buying a GT or VT when I had the chance. Thanks to the lady of the house for always limiting us guys buying such things. Now I couldn't even get a decent upgrade unless I go OLED - supposedly that's pretty close to Plasma except for exorbitant prices.
sheshechic's Avatar sheshechic 07:51 PM 02-15-2015
OLED is too expensive right now and the tech is only going to get better with time. My G25 is doing bedroom duty and I bought 2 ST60s, 65" for den and 50" for small living room. I'd be horrified and depressed if I had to replace them this year. Since I recently had a problem with the 65" I know the feeling well, and decided that if it could not be fixed I'd go cheap LED until the tv I want came within reach. I'd go Vizo until I could afford a 70" OLED. Sorry, but I just couldn't handle a buzzing (and the other possible issues) of a Samsung plasma.
Goo's Avatar Goo 11:23 PM 02-15-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksunseven View Post
If you see static where it should be a solid black try turning down the brightness setting, in most picture modes 64 will eliminate any dancing pixels where it should be solid black on my G25. Your display might be different, just get up close to it when displaying a scene that has solid black and adjust the brightness until the static disappears.

Not really sure about fuzziness in the colors.
gregoryperkins's Avatar gregoryperkins 06:04 AM 02-16-2015
I got worried about the demise of plasma and tried to get the Samsung 8500. BB's inventory system screwed me. They let you buy something that can't be shipped or delivered to a store. That's a heck of a way to run a business.

I ended up with a 60" LG 6900 for $750, about 100 more than I paid for my 42" g25 and half of what I would have paid for the 8500. The g25 was off for a month while I was waiting to move it to the bedroom. The g25 no longer impresses me. An avs member that I know bought yhr 6900 and he's an ISF calibrator! They are probably hard to find now, I got it in November. Consumer reports liked it too.

We still prefer the 106" projector, size trumps!
KOTULCN's Avatar KOTULCN 07:13 PM 04-02-2015
Is there any way to add Bluetooth to this Panny? I know they sell some 3.5mm adapters but that means I'll have to physically unplug it whenever I don't want to use my headphones. Does anyone know of any other way to do this?
gregoryperkins's Avatar gregoryperkins 07:13 AM 04-03-2015
Something like this might work, but it's not cheap. It has optical in. Let us know if you find something. I'm not sure what happens with the optical output when you turn off the speakers, I assume it continues to send a signal.

http://www.amazon.com/Nolan-Bluetoot...+optical+input
First ... 284  285  286

Up