Samsung PNXXc550 Owners Thread *NO PRICE TALK* - Page 95 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #2821 of 2827 Old 07-03-2015, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas-b View Post
Is this a row of dead pixels? Its on other inputs and it doesn't move.

Less likely to be dead pixels but rather a problem with the driver circuit or connection... generally a dead pixel is singular in nature, ie. one all by itself.

Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2822 of 2827 Old 07-03-2015, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Bummer...its already driving me nuts.
post #2823 of 2827 Old 08-23-2015, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Sound-bar help please!!!

I purchased a new sound-bar and am having some issues. The component sound will not pass through the TV and play out of the sound-bar via a digital audio cable. Something so simple has caused me hours of grief and led me to this forum...

The technical info:
TV = PN58C550 running firmware version T-TDT5AUSC-1016.0
Sound-Bar = Energy Connoisseur CS-30

-Sound will play from the TV through the audio cable on another Vizio sound-bar.
-Sound will play from a Tivo box through the audio cable on the new sound-bar.
-The TV has a function "Sound Test" option in the "Self Diagnosis" menu. Sound will play from the TV to the new sound-bar with this setting.
-There is no sound from the Tivo, Samsung Blu-Ray, Chromecast through the TV to the sound-bar. The TV speakers work so I know the sound is getting through. I've gone through the settings on each component, but haven't found any settings that make a difference.

If someone out there has any ideas please let me know. I am very happy with the sound quality of this sound-bar. If I can't figure it out it's going back for another one.
post #2824 of 2827 Old 08-23-2015, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1j2f3 View Post
I purchased a new sound-bar and am having some issues. The component sound will not pass through the TV and play out of the sound-bar via a digital audio cable. Something so simple has caused me hours of grief and led me to this forum...

The technical info:
TV = PN58C550 running firmware version T-TDT5AUSC-1016.0
Sound-Bar = Energy Connoisseur CS-30

-Sound will play from the TV through the audio cable on another Vizio sound-bar.
-Sound will play from a Tivo box through the audio cable on the new sound-bar.
-The TV has a function "Sound Test" option in the "Self Diagnosis" menu. Sound will play from the TV to the new sound-bar with this setting.
-There is no sound from the Tivo, Samsung Blu-Ray, Chromecast through the TV to the sound-bar. The TV speakers work so I know the sound is getting through. I've gone through the settings on each component, but haven't found any settings that make a difference.

If someone out there has any ideas please let me know. I am very happy with the sound quality of this sound-bar. If I can't figure it out it's going back for another one.
Welcome! I think that it is a setting,

1) does the Visio sound-bar give sound when placed in the bolded situation above?

2) Does the new sound bar have setting, auto-on or something that is not sensing the incoming signal?

Al
post #2825 of 2827 Old 08-23-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post
Welcome! I think that it is a setting,

1) does the Visio sound-bar give sound when placed in the bolded situation above?

2) Does the new sound bar have setting, auto-on or something that is not sensing the incoming signal?
Thank you for the quick response!

1. The Vizio works as expected. Using the same settings the Vizio works and the Energy doesn't.

2. The new Energy sound bar has an auto-on setting that works. It turns on, but there is no sound from the components.
post #2826 of 2827 Old 08-24-2015, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1j2f3 View Post
Thank you for the quick response!

1. The Vizio works as expected. Using the same settings the Vizio works and the Energy doesn't.

2. The new Energy sound bar has an auto-on setting that works. It turns on, but there is no sound from the components.
No worries.

Hmmm, that would almost lead me to believe that the sound stream coming from the TV might be in a format that the Energy sound-bar can't read?

Al
post #2827 of 2827 Old Today, 10:04 AM

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post
No worries.

Hmmm, that would almost lead me to believe that the sound stream coming from the TV might be in a format that the Energy sound-bar can't read?
First, thank you Al for your assistance and attempts to help. After hours of trying to get the TV/soundbar to communicate via the optical cable I gave up and connected it via audio cable/RCA plugs. The Energy soundbar still sounds great and is a huge upgrade over our previous setup. I picked it up 1/2 off at Best Buy for $300 and it went back up to $600 the following day. There is no better option out there for that price and I did not want to return it.

The issue I had was described as a communication problem between the software of each device. Each company, Samsung and Energy/Klipsch, blamed the other product for the issues.
Al Sherwood likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page