Official Panasonic TC-PxxVT20/25 Owners Thread NO PRICE TALK!! - Page 286 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8551 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Can anyone say for sure if the 65vt25 has been discontinued? There was a thread about it two weeks ago and I for one disagreed. I just read on another forum of someone who had a 2 week order from Panasonic EPP canceled today and the email from Panasonic said that the 65VT25 has been discontinued and there is no current replacement model. Any more insight? I know CES is next week but I find it hard to believe they would discontinue a set that has only been shipping for 6 months...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8552 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by theanimala View Post

Can anyone say for sure if the 65vt25 has been discontinued? There was a thread about it two weeks ago and I for one disagreed. I just read on another forum of someone who had a 2 week order from Panasonic EPP canceled today and the email from Panasonic said that the 65VT25 has been discontinued and there is no current replacement model. Any more insight? I know CES is next week but I find it hard to believe they would discontinue a set that has only been shipping for 6 months...

that was me
post #8553 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 03:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by wu343 View Post

I guess I wasn't really aware of this limitation with Plasma displays. Is it noticeable? In the stores the blacks on the LED TVs look dramatically better.

It's a deal killer if you have bright florescent lighting in your viewing room.

Calibration Resources:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8554 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 03:53 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

It's a deal killer if you have bright florescent lighting in your viewing room.

I do have a large window behind the seating area. The room does get a lot of natural light during the day. It does not seem like the TV section in Best Buy is all that bright, but I could be wrong.
post #8555 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 04:11 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

I do have a large window behind the seating area. The room does get a lot of natural light during the day. It does not seem like the TV section in Best Buy is all that bright, but I could be wrong.

Why not just wait until the VT25 gets here then you can compare it the Sony in your viewing environment? Seems like a lot of mental masturbation to go through when shortly you will be able to compare them directly to each other and decide for yourself which one you prefer.
post #8556 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgfin View Post

Thanks Matt
My "ghost lines" appear to be on right side, but not on the left side so much. I can also see it slightly whenever the 4:3 bars are used, but only on the right side. But, it doesn't seem to effect normal viewing. Just postings (e.g. silent films), menus etc. I'm a bit of a worrier and my main concern is that it will get progressively worse. Just my luck, as soon as the warranty expires, the thing will explode! That's just my luck with electronics.
I want to thank everyone that has taken the time to help others. You guys could be just sitting back and enjoying your sets, but you still cruise thru the forums to help those who are in distress. Who says chivalry is dead?

I hear ya. I am the same way about my stuff if I see something wrong. I constantly worry if it will get worse or even if its something to even bother worrying about.
post #8557 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 06:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

A lot of people like plasma in a dark or very dimly lit room when they watch movies. It allows them to forget that they are in their living room and be absorbed by the movie. Others, who watch a lot of TV, with bright lighting, go for the brighter images provided by LCD displays.

For me it's the difference between a room used as a home theater, and a room with a TV in it.

Calibration Resources:

post #8558 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 06:43 PM

1. In my new P50Vt25, I would like to change my black level to light in SD format. Any suggestion, Please.
2. Also I see flickers in local regions even in HD (source BD). My eyes are getting picky. should I call up panny tech service desk?
3. Panny WLAN adapter is very expensive. Any alternate idea? I just searched amazon for cheaper one from D-Link or Netgear. Any body else tried this?
4. How can I Viera link customize for PS3 BD player? or should I need to buy PS3 remote control?

So far I have been following this thread for the past few days and found it very interesting. Sometimes, worried when I hear others problems.

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.
post #8559 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 07:02 PM

Liked: 14
Here's my email from Panasonic saying the 65VT25 is no more:

"Dear XXXX XXXXX,

Do to a recent discontinuation of model TC-P65VT25, we will unfortuantely be unable to fulfill this purchase. Because your order was a bundled deal, models DMP-BDT100 & TY-EW3D2MMK2 have also been cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience this discontinuation may have caused.Please be reassured that you will not be billed for the product. If you are seeing any authorizations on the payment card you used to make the purchase, please contact your bank to have the funds released back into your account.

At this time we do not have a similar model available. For more information on the other models, please visit www.panasonic.com. You may also wish to investigate other vendors like www.amazon.com. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic products and we hope our new line of products will offer more features and benefits for your enjoyment.

If you have any questions at any time about PanasonicDirect, or about your order, please contact us.

Call Toll Free: 800-405-0652
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 9:00 pm, EST
Saturday - Sunday, 10 am – 7 pm, EST

e-mail: customerservice@us.panasonic.com

We welcome your comments and suggestions about how we can better serve you.

Sincerely,

Samantha"
post #8560 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
How do I adjust the "overscan" on my 58VT25? I noticed while watching the news a white flickering line on top of the screen/broadcast. I changed my cable box from HD box to HDPVR and the line appeared. I would like to get rid of this line? It happened on two channels at 6pm.

Thanks for any help with this matter.
post #8561 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post

How do I adjust the "overscan" on my 58VT25? I noticed while watching the news a white flickering line on top of the screen/broadcast. I changed my cable box from HD box to HDPVR and the line appeared. I would like to get rid of this line? It happened on two channels at 6pm....

Menu | Picture | Aspect Adjustments | HD Size

Select "Size 1". This will give you a zoom to 95%. ("Size 2" is 100% or no overscan)

Reference: Manual page 38.
post #8562 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 09:56 PM

Hmmm okay thanks. I tried that earlier but it seems it makes the objects a bit fatter? I guess this is my only or correct option if I want to get rid of those lines eh?

Thanks
post #8563 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
Hmmm okay thanks. I tried that earlier but it seems it makes the objects a bit fatter? I guess this is my only or correct option if I want to get rid of those lines eh?

Thanks

Make sure that you use "HD Size" not "H Size" which is the very next menu item. HD size should not distort. Try some experimenting with both HD size and H size.
post #8564 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghgoldberg View Post
Make sure that you use "HD Size" not "H Size" which is the very next menu item. HD size should not distort. Try some experimenting with both HD size and H size.
Will do thanks very much .
post #8565 of 10650 Old 12-30-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna

I noticed the blacks were better right away with the VT25. They are supposedly similar but maybe it is the effect of the sensitive off angle viewing with the nx810. Off angle on the nx810, I couldn't sit on either end of my couch without losing some PQ. I had to be directly in front of it. I noticed when there was a lot of detail within the blacks such as pin stripes, I would sometimes see distortion/flicker around the pin stripes. On the football fields if there was a shimmer from water or the artifical elements in the turf it would have a crystalized look. I spent a lot of time playing with the settings and I got it to a point that was acceptable but there were some situations where it would have rendered it strangely. I'm not saying the nx810 is bad and I would have kept it had it not been for the clouding. In regards to the whites, I didn't see a noticable difference.
What about screen reflectivity? How does the VT25 compare to the Sony? I know the Sony LED is one of the most reflective it's class.
post #8566 of 10650 Old 12-31-2010, 10:05 AM

Yesterday I was pleased to welcome Chad to my humble abode. He took a simply great TV and turned it into an even more fantastic picture using both ISF-Day and ISF-Night modes, as well as ISF-3D. I and my wife are seeing things in dark scenes which were not really visible beforehand. 3D depth and pop are even more amazing.

Thanks Chad! Hope you had an uneventful trip back

Fred
post #8567 of 10650 Old 12-31-2010, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhschellenberg View Post

Yesterday I was pleased to welcome Chad to my humble abode. He took a simply great TV and turned it into an even more fantastic picture using both ISF-Day and ISF-Night modes, as well as ISF-3D. I and my wife are seeing things in dark scenes which were not really visible beforehand. 3D depth and pop are even more amazing.

Thanks for your Report!

Need to find a Professional Calibrator?
me with your Display & City

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

post #8568 of 10650 Old 12-31-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:

One "event" he had on the trip back was to calibrate my TV. Same thing here - my TV is looking amazing. It turns out that I had a rather severe red push (caused by settings that I was using in my Marantz receiver). For less than 10% the cost of the TV, I wouldn't consider NOT getting it calibrated.
post #8569 of 10650 Old 12-31-2010, 11:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:

For less than 10% the cost of the TV, I wouldn't consider NOT getting it calibrated.

I have to second this. Of all the possible excuses to spend a few hundred dollars on the HT addiction, this is one of the few things that actually produces bang for buck with results you can SEE. Only a pro can make sense out of the dizzying array of adjustments, and only pro gear can measure the results and get it right.
post #8570 of 10650 Old 12-31-2010, 11:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Thanks for your calibration report. I've included it in the flat panel (Post#2) lists that are linked at the bottom of my post.

Calibration Resources:

post #8571 of 10650 Old 12-31-2010, 11:47 AM

Hey all,

Just wanted to give a big thank you to all the posters in this thread. I just picked up a VT25-50" bundled with the BDT100 BD Player and I am simply blown away by this TV.

About a month ago I got the green light from my better half to turn the family room downstairs into a TV room. Found AVS Forums while researching online for an AVR. I purchased a PIO VSX-32 and new speakers all around and initally started looking at a Sony EX500 46" LCD. Started reading and decided I should look at plasmas which led me to the Samsung 6400, then the Panny G25, and finally to the VT-25. What a trip!

Now the fun begins...my wife thinks my bed time manual reading is hilarious but the learning curve is pretty big for a noob like me so I hope to get everything tweaked and set up correctly soon.

Once again thanks for all the discussion and debate on this thread and a Happy New Year!

Cheers
post #8572 of 10650 Old 12-31-2010, 11:51 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

One "event" he had on the trip back was to calibrate my TV. Same thing here - my TV is looking amazing. It turns out that I had a rather severe red push (caused by settings that I was using in my Marantz receiver). For less than 10% the cost of the TV, I wouldn't consider NOT getting it calibrated.

Your report is now in the same list. Thanks.

Calibration Resources:

post #8573 of 10650 Old 12-31-2010, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHypnoToad View Post

Here you go: http://www.panasonicconsumerrebates.com/

Has anyone's status for the Avatar 3D DVD shown up there yet?
post #8574 of 10650 Old 12-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsan View Post

I mailed my stuff on Dec. 1, the status popped up on the site a couple of weeks later, and I got my disc Dec. 24.

All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental. - Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

post #8575 of 10650 Old 12-31-2010, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Bought the 50" model today, but after the store said they only had open boxes and they'd either deliver it or I could drive across town and pick it up, I got a complete refund. Oh well, maybe in a few months.
post #8576 of 10650 Old 12-31-2010, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_mahaney View Post

I mailed my stuff on Dec. 1, the status popped up on the site a couple of weeks later, and I got my disc Dec. 24.

I mailed mine in on Dec 1st as well, but I see nothing on the site that shows a status. I may call them Monday.

***UPDATE***

It was just posted...they did it Dec 20th! Said DVD will be mailed in 8-12 weeks! You were lucky.
post #8577 of 10650 Old 12-31-2010, 05:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnationdoormat View Post

Bought the 50" model today, but after the store said they only had open boxes and they'd either deliver it or I could drive across town and pick it up, I got a complete refund. Oh well, maybe in a few months.

Plenty of that size online.....

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #8578 of 10650 Old 01-01-2011, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsan View Post

I mailed my stuff on Dec 1, my status appeared around Dec 15, and received my BD on Dec 29 (I'm on the west coast, thus the longer delay)

Not as lean
Not as mean
Still a Marine.
post #8579 of 10650 Old 01-01-2011, 05:32 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:

What about screen reflectivity? How does the VT25 compare to the Sony? I know the Sony LED is one of the most reflective it's class.

Not sure about the Sony LED; but the VT25 definitely is less reflective than prior year Panasonics.

I can't tolerate a very reflective screen; because from where we sit in the family room, some under counter lights in the kitchen cause bright points of light on the display picture. They were very bad with our first HD TV ( a RPTV Mitsubishi); but almost impossible to see with its' replacement (a Sony SXRD). The VT25 retains around 95% of the SXRD's improvement. I don't notice the lights unless I make a conscious effort.
post #8580 of 10650 Old 01-01-2011, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

I am using a Buffalo WLI-TX4-AG300N Ethernet Converter, and I am happy with it. Others here have also reported good results.

It's not a dongle of course, so it doesn't use USB. You run an ethernet cable to the converter, and it will connect (up to four units) to your wireless network. It works super for me, but I can't speak for its range: my router is on the floor above the converter, but it is located almost directly above it.

Thanks GH. That looks like it will work fine. I'm using a roku box right now. Not sure if that may be causing some extra noise in my pic. Thanks again for taking the time.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page