Official Panasonic TC-PxxVT20/25 Owners Thread NO PRICE TALK!! - Page 354 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10591 of 10650 Old 04-27-2012, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBEN PORTILLO View Post

someone has done in the calibration update with firmware 3.2??

Did you know about the firware 3.72?
I think it adds viera connect or something and I don't know the rest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10592 of 10650 Old 04-30-2012, 08:43 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1965 View Post

Did you know about the firware 3.72?
I think it adds viera connect or something and I don't know the rest!

ok ... and if true, the value of my firmware is 3.72 .... hope someone shares the calibration data of this beautiful tv
post #10593 of 10650 Old 05-25-2012, 11:37 PM

Liked: 10
Ask a question about the VT25, tendons doubt on the part of the menu SETTINGS / CONFIGURATION in the CEE / Save Energy, a and 2 characteristics that are called:

-If no signal for 10 minutes (On, Off)

-If there is no operation for 3 hours (On, Off)

this affects the image something? before it eh taken on, but idk if it should be enabled.

it always lei (recommending) that the energy saving modes must be disabled, so now I have it off.

I suggest
post #10594 of 10650 Old 05-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by edward27 View Post

Ask a question about the VT25, tendons doubt on the part of the menu SETTINGS / CONFIGURATION in the CEE / Save Energy, a and 2 characteristics that are called:

-If no signal for 10 minutes (On, Off)

-If there is no operation for 3 hours (On, Off)

this affects the image something? before it eh taken on, but idk if it should be enabled.

it always lei (recommending) that the energy saving modes must be disabled, so now I have it off.

I suggest

I leave those 2 things on on mine usually. They are not ECO features that affect screen performance when turned on.

Cam
post #10595 of 10650 Old 06-10-2012, 12:47 PM

I fired up my 58VT25 this morning and found a row of dead pixels. The row starts at the middle of the screen vertically and spans all the way to the bottom, about 4 inches from the right side.

I purchased the set in Jan. of 2011 so the 1 year warranty is up. This set has had its problems. 6 months in I had it looked at for the notorious buzz. A few boards were replaced, but that didn't solve the issue so a month later I had it back in and they replaced the entire screen.

I have to call the repair company this week. I have no support from Panasonic. Has anyone had a similar issue? What should I expect for a repair?

The customer service rep said that Panasonic ay help with the repair considering the set is less than 2yrs old and the screen is only 10 months old. I'm not going to hold my breath. I love the picture on this set, but it has not been as reliable as my 5yr old 720p Panasonic plasma. You'd think their "top of the line" set wouldn't have these issues.
post #10596 of 10650 Old 06-12-2012, 08:42 AM

So over a year ago (Feb / March 2011) I had several posts on here regarding my burn-in issue (had the ESPN logo and the word "Live" burned in to my screen.) This was burn-in, not IR, as it had lasted for more than a year. I do get really noticeable IR with this set, but it goes away within hours - these two items never did.

They weren't noticeable except on solid color (like the burn-in slides) screens or moving type images like the ice of an NHL game, or the grass of an MLB game (since those are near-solid colors but with enough texture to expose the burn-in when moving.)

I have been getting close to breaking down and getting an LED, but as a last ditch effort, I tried Pixel Protector and WOW. Pixel Protector did nothing, but after running the pixel-flipper on the WOW disk overnight, my burn-in is 99% gone! After more than a year! I can still sorta make out the E of ESPN, but only when at the absolute perfect angle on the absolute perfect color background. It's so tough to notice now even when looking for it that I no longer have to avoid looking at the lower right corner of my set (I had trained myself to just not look at the spot where the burn-in was.)

Moral of the story - if you think you have burn-in and not just really bad IR, try WOW. I def still have some burn-in, but it's 99% better now than it was.
post #10597 of 10650 Old 06-13-2012, 08:37 AM

What does WOW stand for?
post #10598 of 10650 Old 06-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnel View Post

What does WOW stand for?
Disney WOW - World of Wonder Blu Ray demo and "optimization" disc. Page 51 of the manual (pdf) explains the Pixel Flipper function.
post #10599 of 10650 Old 06-13-2012, 09:02 AM

World of Wonder. It's a calibration blue-ray but I got it for the pixel-flipper program.
post #10600 of 10650 Old 06-18-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
So over a year ago (Feb / March 2011) I had several posts on here regarding my burn-in issue (had the ESPN logo and the word "Live" burned in to my screen.) This was burn-in, not IR, as it had lasted for more than a year. I do get really noticeable IR with this set, but it goes away within hours - these two items never did.

They weren't noticeable except on solid color (like the burn-in slides) screens or moving type images like the ice of an NHL game, or the grass of an MLB game (since those are near-solid colors but with enough texture to expose the burn-in when moving.)

I have been getting close to breaking down and getting an LED, but as a last ditch effort, I tried Pixel Protector and WOW. Pixel Protector did nothing, but after running the pixel-flipper on the WOW disk overnight, my burn-in is 99% gone! After more than a year! I can still sorta make out the E of ESPN, but only when at the absolute perfect angle on the absolute perfect color background. It's so tough to notice now even when looking for it that I no longer have to avoid looking at the lower right corner of my set (I had trained myself to just not look at the spot where the burn-in was.)

Moral of the story - if you think you have burn-in and not just really bad IR, try WOW. I def still have some burn-in, but it's 99% better now than it was.

Do you think that a single line of pixels could be an IR issue though?

I'm at a loss about what to do. I'll end up spending $150 just to have the local repair shop pick it up and have a look at it. At that point they'll tell me if it needs a panel ($$$$$) or if it's something cheaper. Panasonic said they may help out with the cost of the repair, but it could be weeks for them to make the call.

If the repair is much more than $500 I don't think it's worth fixing. Maybe I'll call up Panasonic and see if I can get a committment from them to help out with the repair.
post #10601 of 10650 Old 06-20-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver05sti View Post

Quote:
They weren't noticeable except on solid color (like the break-in slides) screens or moving type images like the ice of an NHL game, or the grass of an MLB game (since those are near-solid colors but with enough texture to expose the burn-in when moving.)
Do you think that a single line of pixels could be an IR issue though?
I'm at a loss about what to do. I'll end up spending $150 just to have the local repair shop pick it up and have a look at it. At that point they'll tell me if it needs a panel ($$$$$) or if it's something cheaper. Panasonic said they may help out with the cost of the repair, but it could be weeks for them to make the call.
If the repair is much more than $500 I don't think it's worth fixing. Maybe I'll call up Panasonic and see if I can get a committment from them to help out with the repair.
It's definitely burn in and not IR, as I can now see the ESPN again - but under only the most specific of situations that I almost have to go out of my way to find. I can't explain what the pixel flipper does, but it reduced the burn in significantly (granted, a less-neurotic person wouldn't have thought it was that bad to begin with.) My set is very prone to IR for some reason - much more so than my GF's GT30, which has been borderline abused with still images and is no worse for wear. So I don't know if my ESPN was a combination of burn in and IR, and the pixel flipper took care of the IR part of it (which again, was there for over a year), but something happened.
post #10602 of 10650 Old 07-09-2012, 02:46 PM

Liked: 11
Greetings. This has probably been answered but the 354 pages are a bit daunting. I am in the market for new glasses. It appears that the new Panny glasses are not compatible with the 2010 VT25 series. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Can anyone suggest a compatible pair of glasses? 3rd party is ok as long as they are quality.

Thank you!

Craig
post #10603 of 10650 Old 07-09-2012, 02:51 PM

Oh, one comment on the "burn in" issue. Last winter I played an Xbox game an obscene amount. I think I put in around 400hrs in a couple of months. I ended up with parts of the game UI "burned in" to the screen and I could not get them to go away. I bought a pixel flipper disc and ran it several hours a day for a couple of weeks and the burned in images remained. I thought for sure I had ruined my beloved display. I stopped playing the game of course and actually stopped using the TV all together (we have a projector in the same room that we use for most viewing). To my surprise, after not using the TV for a month or more, I turned it on and found the burn in completely gone. Not even a trace. It does seem to pick up temporary image retention easier now but a few wipes through the setup menu and the image is gone. Not using the display is probably not a valid fix for many people but that was my experience.

Thanks!

Craig
RenoDavid likes this.
post #10604 of 10650 Old 07-18-2012, 04:15 PM

No one has any info on replacement 3D glasses?
post #10605 of 10650 Old 07-18-2012, 04:33 PM

The 2011 series of glasses work with our 2010s. They look better than the 10s and are usb chargeable so there's that. Sony makes a pair of cheap universal glasses but I don't know about quality.

These plasma's can take alot of abuse. I regularly use my vt25 as my computer monitor eek.gif! IR shows up and disappears with regular use. It helps I'm not anal about these types of things though, when i first bought mine I was crazy about the floating/rising black issues but after owning it for this long (4500hrs via the SM, which by the way is supposed the be the black level stabilization point) I tend to not worry overmuch.
post #10606 of 10650 Old 07-20-2012, 01:57 PM

Thanks for the info! That's what I wanted to know!
post #10607 of 10650 Old 07-25-2012, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'm having some folks over this weekend to watch Batman BDs, so I thought I had better fine-tune my system. I re-ran the Onkyo sound calibration for the audio, then I decided to re-calibrate the display on my P65VT25. I've noticed that the picture is very dark lately, and I lose all detail in the shadows. It doesn't seem to be the Fluctuating Brightness that I'm reading about here, so I'm starting a new post before I call BB or Panasonic. Here is what I see:

On the WOW simple calibration screen, I can only see the two right-hand strips in the group of 3 on the right side of the screen. I don't make out anything in the middle or on the left at all - and that's with the brightness all the way up at 100. I originally calibrated with WOW and then adjusted slightly to DNice's settings in THX mode, so the picture seems to have degraded in the last year and a half. I also tried boosting contrast to 100 and also tried Vivid mode - but I still can't see more than the 2 right-most strips. On the next calibration screen I only see one of the floating 5-point stars.

I see reference to the rising black problem on here, but I haven't found a full description yet. Is that what I have?

I am a Best Buy Silver member, primarily because I bought this TV there along with the protection plan. (That doesn't qualify as price talk, right?) wink.gif Recently they sent out an update that said Silver members qualify for a free TV calibration once per year. So before I did anything I wanted to post it all here to see what I should do. I figured that if I called out the BB fellow to calibrate and it was not fixable, then he'd refer me back to the store for a warranty claim. But if I call for the claim first, they will surely give me the runaround if I tell them "My TV is too dark." If it is fixable, then I would prefer to get my annual calibration *after* repair... and that's all assuming it's a repair issue.

What would be my best option?
post #10608 of 10650 Old 07-25-2012, 03:13 PM

I'd check to make sure all the settings are correct first, under the picture menu - advanced picture - there should be a black level option. This should be set to light, not dark as dark can cause black crushing.

Rising blacks is the opposite of what you describe. Over time the black lighten due to voltage changes to keep up with the phosphor aging on the panels.
post #10609 of 10650 Old 07-27-2012, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Thanks for the reply... I did have that setting right. Still, I read a lot of other posts on here and did make some slight adjustments, but they still didn't help.

BUT - I also went to the Official Onkyo TX-NR809 thread to read up on my center channel problem, and I read where the 809 added a menu option that allows you to add 5 different types of video processing! That was turned on my default, and one of the side effects was a darker picture. Sure enough, mine was set to 'Custom'. Although no major enhancements were chosen, the net result was a dark picture. It visibly brightened when I set it to Direct mode. It was like getting a new television! I've spent the last two days watching snipits of all my 3D movies again like a little kid.

So if everything is working ok, should I bother with a firmware update? I don't use the VieraCast options through the TV, because I don't use the TV speakers. All the same options are avaialble on my BD player, so I use those if I have to. Would the firmware help with anything else?
post #10610 of 10650 Old 08-29-2012, 04:01 PM

anybody got these to work on this tv?
post #10611 of 10650 Old 08-30-2012, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Never had to buy another pair of 3D glasses since my first purchase but wondering if some one chimes in and has bought this particular one by the way is it reasonable priced with the others offered for our Panasonic 3D TV? Sorry that could not help you.

Ralph
post #10612 of 10650 Old 10-11-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Had to post this!cool.gif

FYI:

Since I first bought my 65" VT25, I have been using two 3D Blu-ray players with it: Mainly a Panasonic DMP-BDT350 and once in awhile a Panasonic SC-BTT750. The 3D has been good and very little ghosting.

Just connected an OPPO BDP-103 to the VT25 and now have played 3 different 3D blu-ray's: Coraline, Dial M for Murder and IMAX: Under the Sea. What a 3D difference the OPPO makes!eek.gif The 3D depth on the 65VT25
is twice as deep and POP-OUT scenes are extraordinarily better! The VT25 is like a new set. 3D clarity is pin-point perfect, and I have not seen any ghosting where I have experienced it with the other players. Thought ghosting was supposed to be caused by the display?

Paul
post #10613 of 10650 Old 10-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Hey Paul, I've got an old 93 and love the 3D and everything else with my VT25 65

Nice Stuff!
post #10614 of 10650 Old 11-07-2012, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have a question on optical out on VT 25. I just updated my receiver and was using optical out to feed my new Marantz SR7005 but am getting only stereo. DO you know if Vt 25 on optical out gives only stereo or can give 5.1 or 7.1 based on the feed its getting from source HDMI.
post #10615 of 10650 Old 11-07-2012, 07:42 AM

You'll want to use the ARC if you want to get more than stereo out of the TV.
post #10616 of 10650 Old 11-07-2012, 08:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by maveTOR View Post

I have a question on optical out on VT 25. I just updated my receiver and was using optical out to feed my new Marantz SR7005 but am getting only stereo. DO you know if Vt 25 on optical out gives only stereo or can give 5.1 or 7.1 based on the feed its getting from source HDMI.

Multichannel output is only possible from off-air channels, everything else will be stereo. This is pretty standard for most TVs.
post #10617 of 10650 Old 11-16-2012, 01:54 PM

Has anyone else noticed a small spark or blue-white flash when they turn their TV on? It's very small and seems to come from right next to the red power LED on the bottom of the bezel. I don't recall seeing it except lately, 2 years in. It may be normal, for all I know.

I've noticed it maybe 3 times in the last couple weeks, it doesn't happen often. I'm getting paranoid I'm going to turn it on one of these days and it'll pop on me..
post #10618 of 10650 Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
^
Yes. Mine has done it from day one.

I had a tech out to replace a card and he said it is normal..

Nice Stuff!
post #10619 of 10650 Old 11-16-2012, 11:35 PM

Cool. It's weird I've only just now started noticing it, but I'm glad it's normal behavior.

Thanks for the peace of mind!
post #10620 of 10650 Old 11-18-2012, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by englechgc View Post

I'm located in Palm Springs area and just took delivery on a 54VT25. Also have a frined in the same area who may be buying a 54VT25 or a 58VT25. Any recommendations for a calibrator located in my area - or one that may be willing to drive out from LA, etc. for reasonable travel charge. Any suggestions would be appreciated.1.gif

Check out the display calibration forum, there is thread for availible calibrators. I believe "Ray JR" services your area and he is quite good.

65VT60(Calibrated by Chad B)
55ST60(Calibrated by Chunon)
Darbee DVP5000
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast/I1Pro/I1D3
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page