The Official TC-P65S2 Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 1179 Old 10-18-2011, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
1. My P65S2 has the newest firmware upgrade from Panasonic. I also use D-Nice settings for the TV. You need to enter the service menu to do that. The picture settings are important. The set had the proper break-in and burn-in procedure. I have done all that and more and am satisfied with the picture. Since you bought it used, a lot depends on the previous owner.

2.PQ, you are comparing orange and apple. Projection TV vs a direct view plasma. I would say the the plasma is the winner.

3. I would pay the 1250 for a very good set. But that depends on the previous owner. and how he took care of the tv and was he knowledgeable enough to tweak the picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1179 Old 10-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanc View Post

1. My P65S2 has the newest firmware upgrade from Panasonic. I also use D-Nice settings for the TV. You need to enter the service menu to do that. The picture settings are important. The set had the proper break-in and burn-in procedure. I have done all that and more and am satisfied with the picture. Since you bought it used, a lot depends on the previous owner.

2.PQ, you are comparing orange and apple. Projection TV vs a direct view plasma. I would say the the plasma is the winner.

3. I would pay the 1250 for a very good set. But that depends on the previous owner. and how he took care of the tv and was he knowledgeable enough to tweak the picture.

Gotcha.

Did you go into the service menu yourself? Is that something a reasonably savvy person can do or does it require more specific expertise? Other than burn-in, how would the previous owner's settings affect my own use post-calibration?
post #1173 of 1179 Old 10-18-2011, 10:19 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by deArgila View Post

Gotcha.

Did you go into the service menu yourself? Is that something a reasonably savvy person can do or does it require more specific expertise? Other than burn-in, how would the previous owner's settings affect my own use post-calibration?

There are some very good postings and instructions about service menu and how to set the different settings for different types of pictures. You need to remember that once changed there is no undo, so follow the instructions carefully. I have had many Panasonic plasma so I am kind of familiar with them. What I describe is a cheap way to replace the professional calibration. Use the search function or google.

The objective of all calibration and burn-in etc... is PQ. So how the set PQ is to you is really the final arbiter. To get the best picture is easier said than done.
post #1174 of 1179 Old 12-03-2011, 02:03 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanc View Post

So, I take it that there is no risk doing firmware upgrades in the P65S2 with the D-Nice settings??? I love the picture on my P65S2 with the D-Nice settings and just want to make sure that I don't screw anything up if I do the firmware upgrades. Have the firmware upgrades provided any substantive improvements to the set or are the changes insignificant? Thanks!
post #1175 of 1179 Old 12-27-2011, 08:56 PM

hello,

I just purchased the panasonic plasma tc-65s2. I was looking for any expertise on the the best calibration settings possible for this model. I have a 18x24 room the room can do all settings from dark to very bright. We never have sun coming in. I've tried searching elsewhere but no success on detailed calibration settings. Any help would be great.

Nelson
post #1176 of 1179 Old 01-25-2013, 05:53 PM

I'm having a problem with my TV. I get green sparkles in the upper right corner of the TV, they are the worst during bright scenes. It looked like an upside down equalizer array at the top of the screen. They slowly fade away until they are gone in 45-60 minutes. (They "fade" up into the top edge of the screen)
Any idea what the problem is here?
TIA
post #1177 of 1179 Old 01-18-2014, 07:52 PM

Looking for a TNPA5175 SC Board.
Thanks
post #1178 of 1179 Old 01-30-2014, 08:57 PM

Does anyone know what to replace to fix the floating blacks in the S2?

For years mine has the black level that slowly rises and drops with the brightness of the picture. Almost like the dynamic contract is on, but it's definitely off and it still happens even covering or shining a light into the light sensor.

There's got to be a board to replace somewhere!?
post #1179 of 1179 Old 03-01-2014, 10:29 AM

I have Panny S2 58" model TV

First off thank you to D-Nice for posting your calibration settings, very helpful. I followed your settings on the link:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1232441/the-official-2010-panasonic-settings-issues-thread

I set all regular settings on TV then wanted to set the service menu settings and wanted to make sure I did it right. When I got in to service menu I learned how to navigate through it on youtube tutorial. So when I got to WB-ADJ MENU I followed your guide: set Color Matrix to Cinema on HD and SD by changing inputs and adjusted settings per your settings below on Method Select 00 it was set to 03. So I wanted to make sure that each of the sub items R-DVR, G-DVR etc I just counted down or up depending on your settings below from what it was? For example my TV had : R-DRV F5, G-DRV FF, B-DRV 9B, R-CUT 80, G-CUT 80, B-CUT 80. So when I adjusted I just clicked VOL down or up depending on your settings, like your R-DRV +5 I clicked up on Vol 5 times, is that Correct?

So now my settings are:

R-DRV FA, G-DRV F4, B-DRV 90 (AS YOU HAD -11), R-CUT 7E, G-CUT 80 (AS YOU HAD 0), B-CUT 84

D-Nice settings listed:

Service Menu Offsets

WB-ADJ MENU
R-DRV: +5
G-DRV: -11
B-DRV: -11
R-CUT: -2
G-CUT: 0
B-CUT: +4

Note: These offsets must be entered for both Color matrixes. You access the different matrixes by using a 1080i/p signal for the HD matrix and 480i/p signal for the SD matrix. The WB Method Select option should be set to 00 instead of 03.

Toshiba 50" Cinema Series, Denon DVD-1600 player, Sony SAT-HD100 receiver, NAD T763 A/V Receiver, Infinity IL50 speakers, AudioQwest and Kimber Cable.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65s2 65 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P65s2 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page