42 LG 42PJ350 vs g10/g25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 03-28-2010, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
just went to sears today and saw the LG 42PJ350 and gosh for 720p sure looked nice. the colors and clarity looked stunning. I had been thinking about a g10 or g25 in a 42 inch but not sure if I would really see the difference. viewing distance is approx 8-9 feet and still watching a decent amount of SD content. wondering if one or other is better at displaying SD content? any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-31-2010, 08:07 AM

I bought this LG Plasma about 3 weeks ago. So far I am very happy with it. Picture is great, even SD cable looks good. My previous set was a Samsung 43" DLP which has a great picture but a noisy color wheel, that I tolerated for a year before getting the LG. I did a lot of comparison shopping before buying this tv. Every LCD I looked at had motion problems regardless of price so I decided to try plasma. I have not seen any reviews of my new LG nor can I find any info on how to enter service mode. I tried methods for other LG's but nothing works. Someone said I might need a special remote. Anyone know?
post #3 of 9 Old 04-01-2010, 06:07 PM

im close to pulling the trigger on the 42pj350 as well. anyone know what the remote is like? backlighted? anyone know where i can find the manual on line? i can't find it on lgs site. thanks.
post #4 of 9 Old 04-04-2010, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

well I bought the 42 lg plasma. it's a nice set. regarding the remote I do not believe it's backlit...still a nice unit though
post #5 of 9 Old 04-04-2010, 02:47 PM

Mind writing a small review?
Do you see the individual pixels at your normal viewing distance?

I'm interested in this plasma but haven't found any reviews, only the bigger models seem to get any attention.

Thanks.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-04-2010, 07:22 PM

I picked up the 42 pj350 this week end. I had a chance to look at the samsung, panny, and lg 42" 720ps side by side by side. After looking at their loop for 15 to 20 minutes, i really couldn't tell them apart. They all had a nice picture. I didn't get to see anything that would really test blacks and still haven't. The colors were fine and I liked all the tvs alot. I realize these are budget panels and I'm no videophile so ymmv.

All 3 of the set could be had for all the same price at hhgregg. I signed up for hhgreggs' "gold club" or something like that and got a 50 buck coupon, bringing these to just under 5 bills. For that price, how can you go wrong? Well...if only the 50'ers fit into my place....

For the LG, I can't see individual pixals at ~4ft. Not sure where I would, but I don't care since I would never sit closer than that. SD content(time warner cable) looks better than what I expected. Much better than what the plasma replace, a 32" tube.
HD looks very nice as well.

Why did I pick the LG over the other two? It came down to the bezel. Yes, the frame made my final decision. The LG's frame is the smallest and best looking in my book. Cleaner than the other two. The remote is not back light but neither was the panny. not sure of the samsung. The LGs remote is nice. Fits well in my hands and I can already operate it with out looking at it for the most part.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-04-2010, 07:28 PM

G20 gray scale I just found out the when I view movies on my ps3 the grayscale wont change but when i go to the xbm it does. I don't understand ,what makes it change? Anyone please.
post #8 of 9 Old 04-04-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiost90 View Post

I picked up the 42 pj350 this week end. I had a chance to look at the samsung, panny, and lg 42" 720ps side by side by side. After looking at their loop for 15 to 20 minutes, i really couldn't tell them apart. They all had a nice picture. I didn't get to see anything that would really test blacks and still haven't. The colors were fine and I liked all the tvs alot. I realize these are budget panels and I'm no videophile so ymmv.

All 3 of the set could be had for all the same price at hhgregg. I signed up for hhgreggs' "gold club" or something like that and got a 50 buck coupon, bringing these to just under 5 bills. For that price, how can you go wrong? Well...if only the 50'ers fit into my place....

For the LG, I can't see individual pixals at ~4ft. Not sure where I would, but I don't care since I would never sit closer than that. SD content(time warner cable) looks better than what I expected. Much better than what the plasma replace, a 32" tube.
HD looks very nice as well.

Why did I pick the LG over the other two? It came down to the bezel. Yes, the frame made my final decision. The LG's frame is the smallest and best looking in my book. Cleaner than the other two. The remote is not back light but neither was the panny. not sure of the samsung. The LGs remote is nice. Fits well in my hands and I can already operate it with out looking at it for the most part.

4ft? I was worried I'd see them at ~7 feet. Do you have any pictures?
post #9 of 9 Old 04-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiost90 View Post

The LG's frame is the smallest and best looking in my book.

Yeah, no arguing that. Kudos to LG on their design this year, both plasma and LCD.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page