post #301 of 341 Old 07-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlplover View Post

If this started after you unlocked with KuroControl, you should probably try fixing the settings. Make sure you entered everything properly for the offsets etc..

If I recall I think there were one or two different sets of off-sets so make sure that you're dialing in the numbers right. If you've dialed them in wrong, that could be a good reason why you have red tint. Not automatic that that's what the problem is, but it'd be the first thing I would check.

I just loaded someone else's XML file that contained D-Nice's settings. I haven't verified all of the settings in KC myself though. I checked most of it on the TV and it looked fine though. What makes me think it isn't just a setting is that it seems like the upper right corner and to a lesser degree the right side have a more noticeable red tint then the rest of the TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 341 Old 07-20-2011, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I haven't done anything with KuroControl in a while, but my recollection was that you had to manually enter ISF information because it doesn't read from the xml files correctly (although maybe a more recent version than I used corrected that).

If you think it's KuroControl, you could swap is back to US mode from Euro, although I doubt that has any bearing. It sounds like the red offsets are set too high (or else one of the other colors are too low).

Regarding the right side having the "tint" more than the other side, is there any programming you watch that has a red bar or similar on that side of the tv? Also, have you been using orbiter at all? Is it in standard or power save? etc..
post #303 of 341 Old 07-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

I checked my Pure settings last night and they are exactly per what D-Nice recommended. I am using standard energy save and orbiter 1. This is noticeable in any picture mode so I don't think it is some kind of offset that was mis-programmed while using KuroControl. I thought about switching the panel back to the NA model but I really don't see that changing anything. I know when you switch models then the hour counter gets reset. I was told from multiple sources that this does not affect anything but who knows maybe it does. As far as watching anything that has red on the right side and could have left some kind of burn in or retention I don't really know of anything I watch that could have done that.

I thought it could have been an input problem or problem with my PS3 so I hooked up a different PS3 I have directly to the other HDMI input on the TV (bypassing my receiver) and I noticed the exact same thing unfortunately.

I am thinking I should maybe post a new thread about this since not many people are going to read this thread and I don't know if it necessarily has to do with KC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlplover View Post
I haven't done anything with KuroControl in a while, but my recollection was that you had to manually enter ISF information because it doesn't read from the xml files correctly (although maybe a more recent version than I used corrected that).

If you think it's KuroControl, you could swap is back to US mode from Euro, although I doubt that has any bearing. It sounds like the red offsets are set too high (or else one of the other colors are too low).

Regarding the right side having the "tint" more than the other side, is there any programming you watch that has a red bar or similar on that side of the tv? Also, have you been using orbiter at all? Is it in standard or power save? etc..
post #304 of 341 Old 07-20-2011, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac13 View Post
I checked my Pure settings last night and they are exactly per what D-Nice recommended. I am using standard energy save and orbiter 1. This is noticeable in any picture mode so I don't think it is some kind of offset that was mis-programmed while using KuroControl. I thought about switching the panel back to the NA model but I really don't see that changing anything. I know when you switch models then the hour counter gets reset. I was told from multiple sources that this does not affect anything but who knows maybe it does. As far as watching anything that has red on the right side and could have left some kind of burn in or retention I don't really know of anything I watch that could have done that.

I thought it could have been an input problem or problem with my PS3 so I hooked up a different PS3 I have directly to the other HDMI input on the TV (bypassing my receiver) and I noticed the exact same thing unfortunately.

I am thinking I should maybe post a new thread about this since not many people are going to read this thread and I don't know if it necessarily has to do with KC.
If it's still under warranty I might contact Pioneer support. If it's evident in non-ISF modes, then KuroControl enabling should have no bearing on it.
post #305 of 341 Old 11-29-2011, 11:52 PM

Liked: 10
I just bumped into this topic and decided to give it a go last night...
....though I don't know much about technical stuff.

I connected to my Pioneer KRP-500M and loaded (and saved) the settings which were included in the files.

Next thing I did was used Kuroreader to read the values, can someone confirm they are correct?

Quote:

Pioneer Kuro Settings
Date & Time : 29-11-2011 23:11:03
Model : KRP-500M

Input & Screen
Input : 6 (HDMI 2)
Input Signal: *********/***.*
Input Setup : Video/AUTO
Screen Size : FULL or FULL1080i

Picture
AV Selection: ISF-Day
Contrast : 36
Brightness : 1
Color : 6
Tint : 0
Sharpness : 0
Color Temp : Manual
Red High : -2
Green High : 0
Blue High : 8
Red Low : -1
Green Low : 1
Blue Low : 0
Gamma : 3 (ISF 9 Point Gamma in use)

ISF Gamma 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Red : 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2
Green : 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2
Blue : 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2

ISF Gamma 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Red 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2
Green 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2
Blue 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2

Pure Cinema
Film Mode : Off
Text Optimization: Off

Intelligent Mode: Off

Picture Detail
DRE Picture : Off
Black Level : Off
ACL : Off
Enhancer Mode: Hard

Color Detail
CTI: Off
Color Management
R (RED) : 0
Y (YELLOW) : 2
G (GREEN) : -2
C (CYAN) : 0
B (BLUE) : 0
M (MAGENTA): 0
Color Space : 2

Noise Reduction
3DNR : Off
Field NR : Off
Block NR : Off
Mosquito NR: Off

Other
3DYC : Middle
IP Mode : 2 (Standard)
Drive Mode : 1 (75Hz)
Game Control : Off
Blue Only Mode: Off

Power & Options
Energy Save Mode : Save2
Room Light Sensor: Off

The only thing which "worries" me, is that ISF Gamma values...? I checked the the thread and they look a bit off?
post #306 of 341 Old 11-30-2011, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MvdL79 View Post

I just bumped into this topic and decided to give it a go last night...
....though I don't know much about technical stuff.

I connected to my Pioneer KRP-500M and loaded (and saved) the settings which were included in the files.

Next thing I did was used Kuroreader to read the values, can someone confirm they are correct?

The only thing which "worries" me, is that ISF Gamma values...? I checked the the thread and they look a bit off?

Who's settings are those?

bob
post #307 of 341 Old 11-30-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob View Post

Who's settings are those?
bob

I used the settings which were included in the zip and loaded them. Seemed to be okay.

...why?
post #308 of 341 Old 11-30-2011, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

Unless someone calibrated your display and those are the calibrated values it's unlikely the current settings are correct for your panel.

I don't recall KuroReader shipping with values but I'm old so you should check the KuroReader thread.
post #309 of 341 Old 11-30-2011, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi. He is using the ISF settings that are included with KuroControl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsiv4ce View Post

At this point you can load and save your settings to and from an XML file - I have attached the ones that I am currently using (I copied the 600m settings that leminhq18 posted and they look pretty good I think)

post #310 of 341 Old 11-30-2011, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbimmer View Post

Where did they come from?

bob
post #311 of 341 Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob View Post

Where did they come from?

bob

D-Nice? He posted reference settings for the 500M, which is what they were based on, I thought.
post #312 of 341 Old 11-30-2011, 11:52 PM

So the values which are being displayed from Kuroreader, are correct? I loaded and saved them from the included .xml files?

I thought the gamma value's were a bit off, but maybe I am mistaken...?
post #313 of 341 Old 12-01-2011, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I used the settings which were included in the zip and loaded them. Seemed to be okay.

...why?

I doubt he had sharpness at 0!

bob
post #314 of 341 Old 12-01-2011, 07:00 AM

Equals 0, right?

I will try to change it when I get back home to 113 or something, this means -15 right?
Now I am still wondering about the ISF 9 point values.
post #315 of 341 Old 12-01-2011, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbimmer View Post

I forgot the name of the thread and focused on the mention of "KuroReader".
post #316 of 341 Old 12-01-2011, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Equals 0, right?

Yes.
post #317 of 341 Old 12-31-2011, 08:07 AM

I've been unable to connect with my KRP-600M via ethernet. I get stuck at the following sequence:

12/31/2011 11:02:22 AM Connecting to 192.168.1.11...
12/31/2011 11:02:22 AM Connect Succeeded
12/31/2011 11:02:23 AM Sending Command ISN...
12/31/2011 11:02:25 AM A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Any ideas? I get this response whether I connect through my router or just through a switch and with two different PCs (windows 7 x64). I am able to communicate with the TV normally and adjust network settings at http://192.168.1.11/cgi/network_right.cgi.
post #318 of 341 Old 12-31-2011, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkinsley View Post

I've been unable to connect with my KRP-600M via ethernet. I get stuck at the following sequence:
12/31/2011 11:02:23 AM Sending Command ISN...
12/31/2011 11:02:25 AM A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

I feel like we talked about this before but ... I'm unsure.

In any case ISN exits ISF mode and it returns the error code if you're not currently in ISF mode. So start up ISF mode by hand and then run KuroControl. If it still fails with ISN something else is going on. If it fails elsewhere you have some config problem.
post #319 of 341 Old 12-31-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

ISN exits ISF mode and it returns the error code if you're not currently in ISF mode. So start up ISF mode by hand and then run KuroControl.

Thanks for helping, bodosom.

I haven't enabled ISF mode yet -- I have a stock (U.S.) KRP-600M and have never used KuroControl before. Is there some way for me to "start up ISF mode by hand"? If so, would you please explain how?
post #320 of 341 Old 12-31-2011, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkinsley View Post

Thanks for helping, bodosom.
I haven't enabled ISF mode yet -- I have a stock (U.S.) KRP-600M and have never used KuroControl before.

Did you carefully follow the steps in the first post?
post #321 of 341 Old 12-31-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

Did you carefully follow the steps in the first post?

Yes, I think so, but I'm stuck on step number 1:
Quote:

1. Enable IP Control in the monitor and then run the program and connect to the IP address that you assigned to it. You should be able to control the tv power by clicking the power button.

I enabled IP Control, I ran the program, I typed in the correct IP address and pressed "Connect". The result was what I posted previously. I cannot control the TV by clicking the power button in KuroControl.
post #322 of 341 Old 04-17-2012, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I don't have a box for gamma above the film mode box like in pictures that others have posted. Instead, I have a box below color temperature for gamma. There is no "off" selection either, only numbers 1 through 5. Which number should I select?
post #323 of 341 Old 05-14-2013, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
How do I get this program to work? I downloaded it, got a crossover cable to connect my pc to my monitor, and now I cannot get it started? I'm a newbie at this type of stuff. I've had my 500M for about 3 years and now I finally have the guts to make the picture better!!! I have a pc with windows 8 connected to my monitor and I cannot get the program to connect. I have no idea what I'm doing and I would love to get this done as soon as possible.... ASAP!!!! Anyone please help me!!!
post #324 of 341 Old 05-15-2013, 03:10 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBoogie View Post

How do I get this program to work? I downloaded it, got a crossover cable to connect my pc to my monitor, and now I cannot get it started? I'm a newbie at this type of stuff. I've had my 500M for about 3 years and now I finally have the guts to make the picture better!!! I have a pc with windows 8 connected to my monitor and I cannot get the program to connect. I have no idea what I'm doing and I would love to get this done as soon as possible.... ASAP!!!! Anyone please help me!!!

On your 500M:

-Home Menu

-Control Setup

-Ensure IP Control is Enabled

-Ensure that IP Address is the same as what you have typed into KuroControl

If you haven't restarted your computer since installing the program, do so. Also, I've never ran a direct connection between my PC and 101FD. I would run an ethernet cable from the Kuro to my router and it had always worked fine.
post #325 of 341 Old 05-15-2013, 04:11 AM

See, I'm not familiar with any of that...... lol!!! What IP would I type? Just make up any IP?
post #326 of 341 Old 05-15-2013, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly21029 View Post

On your 500M:

-Home Menu

-Control Setup

-Ensure IP Control is Enabled

-Ensure that IP Address is the same as what you have typed into KuroControl

If you haven't restarted your computer since installing the program, do so. Also, I've never ran a direct connection between my PC and 101FD. I would run an ethernet cable from the Kuro to my router and it had always worked fine.

I tried connecting my kuro to my router as well and still cannot get it to work? Do I make another IP address or type the IP that comes up on my kuro into kurocontrol?
post #327 of 341 Old 05-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I tried connecting my kuro to my router as well and still cannot get it to work? Do I make another IP address or type the IP that comes up on my kuro into kurocontrol?

I believe my Kuro automatically populated one that I copied into KuroControl... but it's been a while. redface.gif

Have you had any success yet?
post #328 of 341 Old 05-15-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly21029 View Post

I believe my Kuro automatically populated one that I copied into KuroControl... but it's been a while. redface.gif

Have you had any success yet?

I finally got it to work. I have no idea how to do the gamma now.... lol I'm trying to use the D-Nice settings from controlcal.com
post #329 of 341 Old 05-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I finally got it to work. I have no idea how to do the gamma now.... lol I'm trying to use the D-Nice settings from controlcal.com

Good job!

Check post 62 in this thread for gamma control values.
post #330 of 341 Old 01-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Sorry wrong thread.

The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Krp 500m 50 Inch Flat Panel Kuro Monitor
Gear in this thread - 500m by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page