Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 341 Old 04-19-2010, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by krp-500m View Post

Thank you, I missed the detail that the attachment was updated, should have read more carefully.

Thanks again, I did not know that.
When I have some time, I intend to write a similar utility for Mac OS X and the manual would be helpful. But xsiv4ce's Program does display the command for each control and that should be plenty for a start -- assuming of course I have xsiv4ce's permission.

what? you don't need my permission for that! go for it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 341 Old 04-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsiv4ce View Post

Yes!!

Have I told you that I love you guys.
post #183 of 341 Old 04-19-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

The link is in the first post.

Pioneer service manuals are not free. They can be purchased at the usual sources.

Quote:

Well, I am gonna be copying from your work -- so ...
post #184 of 341 Old 04-21-2010, 04:24 PM

@xsiv4ce : yes i can ping it (the PDP-5090h is a DLNA model)

BR.
post #185 of 341 Old 04-21-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galthor View Post

@xsiv4ce : yes i can ping it (the PDP-5090h is a DLNA model)

BR.

Just a thought... since it looks like the IP address is correct and is being responded to...
If you have a Mac or linux, you could potentially run a port scan on the TV's IP and try to narrow down on the port numbers it can possibly be listening for control connections...
On windows PCs there may be similar tools that you can install..
post #186 of 341 Old 04-23-2010, 07:15 PM

can someone please post a screenshot of their ISF day and night settings from D-nice. I have all the settings written down so I hope im not "violating" D-Nice's rules about not posting his setting in any other place than the control cal website, but I am so confused on if I should use 30 or 128 as a starting point. Gama setting are confusing. Some say to use 3 and 2 some say to use 8 and 9. And when I save the settings they dont work and theres just so much that doesnt want to go through. Its frustrating because allot of you say it works perfect, yet I cant get mine to work right. ughhh
post #187 of 341 Old 04-23-2010, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidassdrummer View Post

can someone please post a screenshot of their ISF day and night settings from D-nice. I have all the settings written down so I hope im not "violating" D-Nice's rules about not posting his setting in any other place than the control cal website, but I am so confused on if I should use 30 or 128 as a starting point. Gama setting are confusing. Some say to use 3 and 2 some say to use 8 and 9. And when I save the settings they dont work and theres just so much that doesnt want to go through. Its frustrating because allot of you say it works perfect, yet I cant get mine to work right. ughhh

bodosom posted what the isf gamma settings should map to here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post18439501

The settings that I posted and used initially were not mapped correctly - I am using 3's and 2's now..
post #188 of 341 Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Here's my screenshot for ISF-Night. The gamma numbers are WRONG! They are supposed to be 4 and 5s.

ISF gamma of 5 in KuroControl is "0" in D-Nice's settings.
LL
post #189 of 341 Old 04-23-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:

bodosom posted what the isf gamma settings should map to here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post18439501

The settings that I posted and used initially were not mapped correctly - I am using 3's and 2's now..

thanks for the quick reply! It helped allot actually. I got ISF auto day and night to work on my cable input (input 6). All the settings saved fine. I thinks its because I was using my macbook pro using parallels. I switched to my roomates netbook running XP and it worked. However I now have a problem. My input 5 w/ my ps3(bluray) thats connected to my onkyo 805 to my kuro is not saving any settings I input. It also erased every picture option and is only giving me the option of ISF day. This ISF day setting wont save the correct settings so thats even useless to me at this point. Every thing I try, I cant get this input to save my settings.

BTW both connections are through HDMI on input 5&6
post #190 of 341 Old 04-23-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertoold View Post

Here's my screenshot for ISF-Night. The gamma numbers are WRONG! They are supposed to be 4 and 5s.

thanks that helped allot too! I just posted something a few mins ago. Ok so going off my post I just did, When im in my input for my bluray player, KuroControl will let me load the settings for isf night. once I save it, the program says it went through. So I choose Exit ISF so I can use my remote to select between the different settings, and the KuroControl program reverts my settings back to ISFday settings that arent the ones I put in. It still only gives me the option on my TV to use ISFDay only and it is grayed out when I try to select it to get a different setting ie; pure etc.
post #191 of 341 Old 04-23-2010, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertoold View Post

they are not wrong - they are the raw values that tv uses as I said in post #1 .. ControlCal subtracts 5 apparently..
post #192 of 341 Old 04-23-2010, 11:39 PM

I got mine to work finally!! I dont know why but since it didnt want to work I had the idea of using KuroControl to put my Kuro back to North American specs and then put it back to Europe specs to get the ISF. I guess I hit something wrong the first time I tried to mess with the program. Reseting it back to NA and then to Europe worked. I just loaded up my saved file settings and it worked! Thanx allot for this program! I was planning on getting the controlcal program with my tax return, even though its not that much $, but hey free is free. I am after all a poor college student who got lucky and got a 500m for an awesome deal!
post #193 of 341 Old 04-24-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:

I got mine to work finally!! I dont know why but since it didnt want to work I had the idea of using KuroControl to put my Kuro back to North American specs and then put it back to Europe specs to get the ISF. I guess I hit something wrong the first time I tried to mess with the program. Reseting it back to NA and then to Europe worked. I just loaded up my saved file settings and it worked! Thanx allot for this program! I was planning on getting the controlcal program with my tax return, even though its not that much $, but hey free is free. I am after all a poor college student who got lucky and got a 500m for an awesome deal!

Glad you got it working. It's nice to know that you can switch back painlessly to the NA version if need be... The TV resets when switching models so all settings are set to factory default, including hour usage. So you were working from a clean slate, so to speak.
post #194 of 341 Old 04-24-2010, 09:25 PM

Ok, I haven't been on here for a long time. I was just researching a TV for a friend who is looking to buy and saw this thread. I found him a pro-101fd in his area that I am trying to talk him into. Obviously this program would work on that TV. I on the other hand have a pro-1150hd. Any chance that this will work on my tv. Also, since there is something like 420 pages in the 8g thread, any quick info on what has come along for my Tv in the way of tweaks. Are there ISF-day setting burried in mine. I will try and dig all this up but a few tips would save me hour if not days of time.

Thanks
post #195 of 341 Old 04-25-2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trem0lo View Post

Glad you got it working. It's nice to know that you can switch back painlessly to the NA version if need be... The TV resets when switching models so all settings are set to factory default, including hour usage. So you were working from a clean slate, so to speak.

Ya it was easy to reset it back to NA and then back to Europe spec. Luckily I remember that I only had 2,245 hours on my 500m so far, so the hour clock reseting wont hurt much.

just FYI I watched AVATAR tonight with the ISF-Night setting from D-Nice. OMG that movie looked so close to 3D and so AMAZING on my 500m I cant believe it. I didnt get to compare how it was before with the PURE settings, but I assure you the ISF modes are so badass
post #196 of 341 Old 04-25-2010, 03:02 AM

I was wondering if you guys are able to adjust the gamma setting? I noticed that gamma setting was fixed for the updated KuroControl program. I keep on getting a command fail when trying to set it. Should I worry about that, or just worry about getting the 9 point gamma setting correct for my calibration?
post #197 of 341 Old 04-25-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashs View Post

I was wondering if you guys are able to adjust the gamma setting? I noticed that gamma setting was fixed for the updated KuroControl program. I keep on getting a command fail when trying to set it. Should I worry about that, or just worry about getting the 9 point gamma setting correct for my calibration?

In order to adjust the gamma, make sure you've already pressed the "Start ISF" button. To adjust it, you just click on a number to highlight it and then type in a new number. For me (on WinXP SP3), it sometimes bugs out and I have to reopen the program and press Start ISF again to have everything work properly. Look at the command console below to make sure there aren't any error messages.
post #198 of 341 Old 04-25-2010, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashs View Post

I was wondering if you guys are able to adjust the gamma setting?

The single point gamma isn't used in ISFccc modes only the nine point settings.
post #199 of 341 Old 04-25-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:

The single point gamma isn't used in ISFccc modes only the nine point settings.

Ok, so the default of 3 gamma in the single point gamma setting when looking at the isf picture settings screen has no impact when using the 9 point gamma that you set in the program? Thanks for your help.
post #200 of 341 Old 04-25-2010, 01:11 PM

ok, I downloaded and installed the program. I was able to get it to connect to my 1150hd. However, all that seems to work is the power on feature. It will not power off and it will not put up values in a lot of the boxes. I saw in a different thread that someone got it working on their 6020. They could change inputs and some settings. Not trying to calibrate yet just trying to get it communicating. Is there a reason why it would work easier on a 6020 vs my 1150. Mine is an elite and the other is not. I have a log I can post as well as the rs232 codes for my set that I found while searching as well.
post #201 of 341 Old 04-25-2010, 01:22 PM

here's the log from my connect attempt. I refreshed once and then powered on. I am not a computer guy so please forgive my basic level of understanding. Since this product now has rs232 support and the 8g units obviously use that to communicate, i figured any info might help.

464658437PRO1150HD_RS-232C_Protocols.pdf 177.0849609375k . file

output.txt 10.7802734375k . file
post #202 of 341 Old 04-25-2010, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilippello View Post

ok, I downloaded and installed the program. I was able to get it to connect to my 1150hd.

I believe the simplest course of action is to get ControlCAL. It can fully control your 8G Elite.
post #203 of 341 Old 04-25-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:

I believe the simplest course of action is to get ControlCAL. It can fully control your 8G Elite.

Thanks, I downloaded that as well. It can't get to a screen that allows me to do anything. I sent my $35 donation and guess I have to wait for him to send me an activation code. Are there non premium files that I can load to be able to play around with it until I get my code? I am a little confused on that part.

As for this program, is a 6020 a 9g TV or 8g? If 9g, that would explain why it works and mine doesn't. Search is my friend but on this site with info burried in 420+ pages it is sometimes to much to dig through.
post #204 of 341 Old 04-25-2010, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 130
I would like to change the Film Mode in my ISF-night settings. My 141 has been calibrated already and I don't want to lose the current settings for my ISF modes.

Would this program allow me to change just that setting and nothing else?

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #205 of 341 Old 04-25-2010, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilippello View Post

... I have to wait for him to send me an activation code.

Yes.
Quote:

Are there non premium files that I can load to be able to play around with it until I get my code?

Not that I'm aware of.

Quote:

... is a 6020 a 9g TV ...

Yes.
post #206 of 341 Old 04-25-2010, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

Would this program allow me to change just that setting and nothing else?

Yes, but it's always wise to save your settings before making any changes.
post #207 of 341 Old 04-26-2010, 04:53 PM

I used kurocontrol to get my ISF settings, see my posts above. AMAZING!
Now my question is I have the 500m, but my parents have the 6020. Could I use this to get ISF settings for my parents 6020? Could the 6020 even get ISF settings even through a professional calibrator, or is this not even an option. Are they just stuck using what ever is already in the options menu?
post #208 of 341 Old 04-26-2010, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I used kurocontrol to get my ISF settings, see my posts above. AMAZING!
Now my question is I have the 500m, but my parents have the 6020. Could I use this to get ISF settings for my parents 6020? Could the 6020 even get ISF settings even through a professional calibrator, or is this not even an option. Are they just stuck using what ever is already in the options menu?

Not an option. You'll need to get into the service menu to adjust the grayscale.
post #209 of 341 Old 04-26-2010, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Could the 6020 even get ISF settings even through a professional calibrator, or is this not even an option.

So far no one has demonstrated enabling ISFccc modes in non-Elite displays. I'm not sure what's happening when you send the requisite commands but apparently it's been discussed in the non-Elite thread. Recently wrinkefree wrote about this.
post #210 of 341 Old 04-26-2010, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So far no one has demonstrated enabling ISFccc modes in non-Elite displays. I'm not sure what's happening when you send the requisite commands but apparently it's been discussed in the non-Elite thread. Recently wrinkefree wrote about this.

You get a whole lot of "XXX" back when executing the FST commands.

There's a joke in there somewhere
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Krp 500m 50 Inch Flat Panel Kuro Monitor
Gear in this thread - 500m by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page