The Official Samsung PNxxC6500, PNxxC7000, and PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 260 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7771 of 7936 Old 05-09-2012, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4 View Post

I think you'll find they will take care of you. They replaced one panel for me and when it went south they swapped out my television for a new one. Cost 300.00 so I jumped on the deal. Better out 300.00 than 3000.00 (Prorated from the time your warranty expired, 20% a year and I was out 6 months).

BTW, there is never a recall for defective products if safety is not involved. Samsung knows they have a problem and have treated most people well but I suspect the window is closing now as they are getting quite a ways out of warranty.

I hope so...fingers crossed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7772 of 7936 Old 05-10-2012, 12:36 AM

Liked: 13
:-) Gonna have to wait for the 55" OLED:

http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=14332
post #7773 of 7936 Old 05-10-2012, 05:52 AM
FX4

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does not work that way. They offer you the current model of what you bought. So a C8000 an E8000 is offered.
post #7774 of 7936 Old 05-10-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:

Does not work that way. They offer you the current model of what you bought. So a C8000 an E8000 is offered.

Well, someone local contacted me this morning and stated they have seen this issue before and even stated the "voltage fix" which I stated I was aware that put the set out of spec...they laughed and also agreed to this.

They stated it would be corrected under warranty.
Whatever solution it may be...they're going to contact me again with a solution.

I encourage anyone outside of warranty to be as polite as possible with CS and and state "implied warranty" if you're in the states.
Do not bend with the solution being you paying for this.

I took the time to create the petition, not just for myself, would be nice if anyone that experienced this would sign it. It will only help out those a year later with the same issue.
post #7775 of 7936 Old 05-10-2012, 07:12 PM
FX4

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I f you read through this thread you will find the voltage fix never works or almost never works. My tech, a Samsung master tech measured my voltage and said you are in spec and swapped the panel. The new panel failed after two weeks.
post #7776 of 7936 Old 05-10-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:

I f you read through this thread you will find the voltage fix never works or almost never works. My tech, a Samsung master tech measured my voltage and said you are in spec and swapped the panel. The new panel failed after two weeks.

I did, that's why I mentioned it while on the phone so that it wouldn't be their solution.

I read a LOT while on the phone for an hour yesterday
post #7777 of 7936 Old 05-10-2012, 08:11 PM

I forgot to mention, I purchased my PN8000C refurbished from Amazon so it only carried a 3 month warranty. Even after a year out of warranty Samsung has been very cooperative.
post #7778 of 7936 Old 05-10-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackshea View Post

I forgot to mention, I purchased my PN8000C refurbished from Amazon so it only carried a 3 month warranty. Even after a year out of warranty Samsung has been very cooperative.

Did they know you bought it refurbished?
I guess they'd have to if you were required to send a bill of sale proof?
post #7779 of 7936 Old 05-10-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muthafodder View Post

Did they know you bought it refurbished?
I guess they'd have to if you were required to send a bill of sale proof?

Yes, they knew because of the receipt I had to attach to the email. They werent going to fix the problem at first, but I talked to someone higher up and they went ahead with the repair. Been out three times since
post #7780 of 7936 Old 05-14-2012, 11:56 AM

Liked: 12
I have this pink/purple issue on my PN58C6500 which is about 6 months out of warranty. I had the voltage adjustment done in December right before my warranty expired and it fixed the purple and pink bands but left horizontal bands of uneven brightness. I just lived with the set until the past couple weeks the purple bands have returned even worse than before.

I called up Samsung this morning and they agreed to fix it free of charge even though it is 6 months out of warranty. I mentioned it was already repaired under warranty but obviously not repaired correctly. They actually offered to fix it without me having to push them. I did have to go back and forth between people because the first lady said "Free of charge", the second said parts only and the third confirmed free parts and labor.

I still have a SquareTrade warranty, which of course I didn't mention to Samsung, for about another year and a half. I'd rather not use that yet if I don't have to since the most they will pay on repairs is the purchase price of the TV. I'm hoping if the panel is replaced and the problem returns a year later, SquareTrade may refund the purchase price since it may not be cost effect for them to replace the panel. If the panel is replaced and keeps working, I'm happy with that too. I just want a fully functioning TV without ugly screen defects.
post #7781 of 7936 Old 05-14-2012, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 319
I had to replace my 58c7000 panel after I was dumb enough to leave things on shelves above it. A clock tumbled off a put a fist sized asterisk one the screen while I was back there tinkering around. I never had any of the issues described in this thread with the old or new panel (knock on wood). Caught a few episodes of Frozen Planet on discovery via DirecTV. Don't know what they used to film it but it looks amazing on my tv. The time lapse images are especially nuts. I love my Samsung.
post #7782 of 7936 Old 05-18-2012, 11:28 AM

A few days ago I turned on my new Dish Hopper DVR that I got about a month ago and noticed a pink purple screen on hdmi #4. I then tried a different HDMI input and the problem went away.

But later that day none of my HDMI inputs worked. My other devices that use HDMI inputs are a Samsung 3600 Blu Ray player, an Apple TV 2nd generation, and the Dish Hopper DVR itself. These devices have worked fine for 2 years.

I also have a computer hooked up to the PC input using separate RCA audio cables and that works fine.

I also tried different hdmi cables, with no luck.

I switched to the component input on my DVR and Samsung blu ray player and they work fine. My apple TV only has a hdmi output. I have not seen the pink purple screen again. It was only 1 time with the #4 hdmi input.

I purchased the TV in March of 2010, so I am out of warranty.

The repair estimate is about $250. Since I don't use the Apple TV very much and everything works fine with the component input, I am not going to get the hdmi fixed. I use the hulu plus, Amazon VOD, netflix and hbogo apps to get a lot of additional content so I am fine content wise. I can always get a hdmi to component adapter if I want to use my apple tv.

Any one have something similar?
Any other suggestions?
post #7783 of 7936 Old 05-18-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soosp View Post

Purple banding started showing up months ago. Called Samsung and ran screen test which looked great. They told me it was probably other equipment or cables causing the problem.

Obviously I am another victim of the Purple Band of Death. I will contacting Samsung asap. My tv is about 20 months old so we will see how they handle it.

Update: Samsung has agreed to extend the warranty for a replacement panel even though I am about 9 months out of warranty.

Lakes Electronics is coming next Friday to replace the panel. I will let you know how it goes.

It does not seem like many people are having good luck with the replacment panels. It would be interesting to poll the individuals who received new panels.
post #7784 of 7936 Old 05-20-2012, 01:24 PM

1 new panel. Turning purple after 2 weeks
post #7785 of 7936 Old 05-20-2012, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I havent been on this thread in a while but i thought i would share my experience. I will try to make a long story short...

I purchased a PN50C7000 in March of '11. I noticed pink/green banding about 10 month's later. I called Samsung and they told me since it was still in warranty they would replace the panel. Turned out that the panel was on back order so they offered to replace the tv with a new model. The only D series they had left was the 6500. I told them i was not going to accept that and they then offered me a refund of over $1400. I asked if i could opt to wait for the new E series plasma's to become available (which i knew was only a couple weeks away) and they agreed.

About 3-4 weeks later i recieved a new PN51E8000 from Samsung! I loved the PQ of the E series but out of the box it had 4 dead pixels and buzzed loudly. It also had fluctuating brightness issues while watching hockey.

I called Samsung and they were really no help as to helping resolve these issues especialy the fluctuating brightness. I did a bunch of research on my own and realized these issues are not isolated to my panel. 3 other 51E8000 tv's i tested at stores all had the fluctuations during hockey as well. And many have complained of buzzing on the E series panels.

I called Samsung again and told them i wanted my refund, and they agree'd. They came to pick up the TV last week and i am waiting for my check. I am out the $ that I spent on the 3d glasses but i was just so fed up that i didnt want to take a chance on another Samsung. I figured dont push my luck and just take the money. I am gonna give Panasonic a shot. I am waiting for the 55'' GT50 to come down in price a bit.

As you can see it has been a long strugle. I can't even tell you how many phone calls and emails it has taken me just to get to this point of which I dont even have a new TV. I had to bring out the old 42'' Sony LCD Projection- Ha! Many people you talk to at C.S.(as is the case with all companies) are no help but if you are diligent enough, in the end I think you will get what you deserve. As they say "the squeeky wheel gets the oil".

Overall, in my experience Samsung has taken care of the customer. It is too bad they can't work out these issues with their plasma's because otherwise these TV's are amazing.
post #7786 of 7936 Old 05-21-2012, 03:36 PM

The repair guy came out today to look at my PN58C6500 for the pink banding and he's ordering a logic board. I'm pretty sure that won't do anything, but I guess I'll find out. I have a feeling he'll replace the logic board and crank the Vs voltage some more and say it's fixed.
post #7787 of 7936 Old 05-21-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackshea View Post

1 new panel. Turning purple after 2 weeks

Aaaaah...I just had a panel replaced today.
Looks great at the moment...hope mine lasts.

What are they doing for you?
post #7788 of 7936 Old 05-23-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muthafodder View Post

Aaaaah...I just had a panel replaced today.
Looks great at the moment...hope mine lasts.

What are they doing for you?

I haven't contacted them yet, been busy. Probably will this weekend
post #7789 of 7936 Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So I've been noticing that my PN63C8000 screen has been looking dimmer lately during certain darker scenes in shows like "Game of Thrones", "House" and Burton's original Batman on blu-ray. I don't know if I'm seeing things, if the screen is failing, or a combo of the two.

Anybody else notice some of this?

FYI, I am running in Standard mode.
post #7790 of 7936 Old 06-06-2012, 09:38 AM

I have an update on my PN58C6500 with the pink banding. I never had a new logic board put in and now I'm set up to get a refund. The repair company Samsung used didn't show up or call for three appointments in a week. After that the ECR department offered a prorated exchange and I asked about a refund and they said sure. I'm now just waiting on them to schedule my TV to be picked up.
post #7791 of 7936 Old 06-06-2012, 10:20 AM

I've got an 18 month old PN63C8000 and for the past several months have had this annoying pinkish "crud" appearing where white is supposed to be. I see in this forum that this issue seems to be quite common on the Samsung plasma sets. I'm sooooo happy that I spent almost $3k for a set to do this in less than two years. And my wife will kill me if I tell her we have to buy a new TV. Anyway, a poster here (tbergman, I believe) mentioned running the "rolling pattern" to try clearing it up. I don't see anything in the Samsung manual about doing this, nor does a Google search come back with anything regarding it. Can anyone clue me in on how to do this procedure?

Thanks, Jim

Jim, in the city of Folsom, CA. (NOT the prison!)
post #7792 of 7936 Old 06-06-2012, 11:52 AM

Found it! Took a while to get it to work, as I had my HDMI cable plugged into HDMI1 - when that is done and set as the source, many advanced functions are not available. Moved the cable to HDMI4 and all is now available. Running the rolling thingy as I type this. Hope it fixed this pink stuff, but I have my doubts. Will report back after a couple hours.

post #7793 of 7936 Old 06-06-2012, 11:53 AM

My PN50C7000 started giving me problems last week. Basically the red light above the power button started blinking continuously. The tv stopped taking any input from the remote. It also reset itself to store demo mode and kept flashing the menu screen whenever I press any key on the remote. I chatted with Samsung and opened a repair ticket. They came today and replaced the power board and the mainboard and the power touch. At first they were going to charge me for the repair but I was able to talk them into repairing under warranty even though my warranty expired 3 months back.
post #7794 of 7936 Old 06-06-2012, 12:00 PM

Our PN63C8000 did this a while back. I was able to cure the problem by unhooking the power cord and letting it sit for a few minutes. That fixed the problem. And, I've since figured out what started it in the first place. I'm a ham radio operator. When I use my radio on the 7 MHz band, the TV does whacky things. I now disconnect the TV power cord when I want to operate on the radio. We have a 42" Sony plasma that has ZERO problems with my radio OR any pink display crud. This is my last Samsung set.

post #7795 of 7936 Old 06-06-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W6JHB View Post

Our PN63C8000 did this a while back. I was able to cure the problem by unhooking the power cord and letting it sit for a few minutes. That fixed the problem. And, I've since figured out what started it in the first place. I'm a ham radio operator. When I use my radio on the 7 MHz band, the TV does whacky things. I now disconnect the TV power cord when I want to operate on the radio. We have a 42" Sony plasma that has ZERO problems with my radio OR any pink display crud. This is my last Samsung set.

you are saying my problem could have been fixed by simply unplugging the power for some time!!!
post #7796 of 7936 Old 06-06-2012, 01:19 PM

Can't be sure, but it fixed mine. Darn thing kept doing exactly what you reported yours as having done. Sadly, I had blamed my son and the in-laws for screwing around with the TV before I realized it was MY ham radio that messed it up. It acted exactly as your did, and after being unplugged for 10 minutes, got it's brains back.

post #7797 of 7936 Old 06-06-2012, 01:48 PM

lol...mine happened exactly when my 5 year old decided to clean the screen with a wet wipe, and she got an earful from me for messing it up!!!

Also I think I did turn the power off for a couple hours but it didnt fix it
post #7798 of 7936 Old 06-06-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W6JHB View Post

Found it! Took a while to get it to work, as I had my HDMI cable plugged into HDMI1 - when that is done and set as the source, many advanced functions are not available. Moved the cable to HDMI4 and all is now available. Running the rolling thingy as I type this. Hope it fixed this pink stuff, but I have my doubts. Will report back after a couple hours.
If you have the horizontal bands of pink and purple on white screens then the scrolling pattern won't fix anything. Someone posted a good picture of the issue a few pages back. If yours matches the posted pictures then unfortunately the only fix is a new panel. They agreed to repair mine out of warranty but ended up offering me a replacement or a refund after the repair guy didn't show for three appointments in a row.
post #7799 of 7936 Old 06-07-2012, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meriquillo View Post

I used The wireless adapter for a while until I moved the tv to another room where I had the router. Wireless adapter worked pretty good all the time, I had it connected in 5ghz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogroeder View Post

I have mine hard wired, but curious as to how well wireless is.

I have the wireless adapter that I will probably just sale since hard wire is probably the best way to go.

I use the Samsung LinkStick wireless adapter. It was fine when I first set it up (over a year ago). But, over the past several months, when I pull up the Netflix app, I keep getting "network interference" errors. I can only fix it by unplugging the LinkStick and plugging it back in repeatedly until the TV pairs back up with our access point. It's not due to distance or wireless signal range as I've had my 360 and PS3 connected over wireless from the same area with no problems. I have noticed that the stick runs pretty warm. I wonder if it's failing?

Anyone else had a similar experience? Or is everyone's panel connected with an Ethernet cable?
post #7800 of 7936 Old 06-11-2012, 01:52 PM

So after one panel replacement my PN58C7000 is purple banding again. After quite the fight they are offering a prorated exchange ($300 flat for a PN60E7000) or a refund that isn't worth pursuing because of the price discrepancy. Seems fair enough. My question...Is there anyone out there that has upgraded PN60E7000 from the PN58C7000? I have this TV in a bright room and was never satisfied with the daytime performance. That and the fact that white was never "bright" really always bothered me. Any better on the newer models or should I do the exchange sell it and cut my losses?

Thanks!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn63c8000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page