The Official Samsung PNxxC6500, PNxxC7000, and PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 270 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #8071 of 8078 Old 02-16-2015, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Pink Banding

Just joined up to say happy for those who have solved there pink blues lol. Im very informed from all my reading from those suffering and was looking to see if anyone has come across the 2D58 logic file as ive seen both the 58 3D and also the 63 3D files made available to all involved, just have not seen the file for the 2D 58 and 63 inch Do I really need the bin file or am I to assume the Voltage increase is my only option...Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8072 of 8078 Old 02-16-2015, 07:53 PM

I should have read a little further to see Myron_H could only get the logic file from a tech visit. I have a PN58C590 which would use the same bin file its just sad to see that the file didn't surface yet but the 3D58 and 63 have both shown up. Could someone advise me if the voltage route will render the same effect as it seem to be my only option to rid my Plasma of the Pink Headache.
post #8073 of 8078 Old 02-17-2015, 11:08 AM

Liked: 10
Hi!

I have the 63" version. Was reading this forum and was ultimately happy to find a solution to the problem... Until all the hope went down.
My tv´s secret menu doesn´t have the needed option bacause of the samsung firmware update:

7- Under PDP Options find LOGIC USB D/L

Reason in the newest firmware im on That means if you have T-VALDEUC-3018.1 installed.
Samsung destroyed my only hope to get this TV fixed !
What in the name of god can i do now ? Any ideas ? The fix exists but i can´t install it because of the missing menu choice.
Please somebody help!
Any ideas, Could a Samsung person maybe update it ?

Thanks
Kimmo
post #8074 of 8078 Old 02-22-2015, 03:07 AM

My 58c8000 had the pink banding for couple of years now. They originally replaced my screen under warranty but the problem came back a while later and I was SOL. After trying the logic board update it appears to have fixed it. I upgraded the logic board after upgrading to 1037 firmware. Thanks to all for the tutorials. Very easy fix.
post #8075 of 8078 Old 02-24-2015, 12:23 PM

Upgraded to firmware 1037 and used the logic.bin file to fix the purple banding. Everything went well, no more purple banding. Do make sure you keep your picture settings though.

FYI - motion judder (smooth) after the 1037 seems to be fixed, no more ghosting. And the soap opera effect is very very limited. Actually looks pretty good now.

Thanks for this! Was beginning to think I'd need to buy a new tv.
post #8076 of 8078 Old 02-25-2015, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone tried to reset back to factory default after the logic bin file?

Sammy PN63C8000

Onkyo TX-SR605

HR44-700

HP-T5064 Still going

post #8077 of 8078 Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM

vertical stripes on 3d mode only

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciCliff View Post
Jackdraw and Nanite thanks for helping me isolate the issue! The Explore 3D and trailers were great tests! Unfortunately the issue with flickering rainbow lines still exists on my TV. Sadly I will exchange it.

For folks who may be troubleshooting a similar problem, I also noticed that the problem gets worse as the TV warms up. Good picture with cold TV, but pretty bad within 5 min.
My 2010 pn63c8000 has developed the issue described here. If I play 3d from directv or my samsung 3d blueray i get the vertical stripes across the entire screen. If i watch from the 3d internet tv option it might play for a few seconds, then it exhibits the issue. The picture is complete snow if you will of vertical lines when this happens. Because it works for 30 seconds or so when cold on internetTV options, I'm hoping its not a complete plasma display failure, but maybe a board. It also rules out HDMI cables, but admittedly it will work for few seconds on internetTV 3d, where full 3d via directv or blueray fails immediately.

If I use the 2d-3d button, it works fine - although it occasionally shakes for s second or so then clears up.

2D only mode is still fantastic after all these years. I have searched to no avail on this issue, other than CinciPhil I seem to be the only having it?
Please help, i am stuck with 2d for now.
post #8078 of 8078 Unread Today, 07:03 PM

For anyone who is thinking of doing this. My PN51 440 model developed the Purple/Pink banding issue. It was about 6 inches and ran the length of the screen. I took the back off and adjusted the Vs about a quarter turn clockwise and voila. The whole process took about 10 minutes. I don't know if it's a permanent fix, but it's definitely worth a shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150302_204848.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	579177  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn63c8000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page