The Official Samsung PNxxC6500, PNxxC7000, and PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 271 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

post #8101 of 8123 Old 09-19-2015, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had long given up on the pink banding issue, but on a whim decided to check this thread for the first time in a while and saw the software fix. I was still skeptical, but applied the fix and everything looks 100% better. My go-to check was always the xbox 360 start up sequence which looked disastrous before, but now there' no sign of pink anywhere. Thanks to all those that posted the helpful step by step and the necessary files. I love my TV again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8102 of 8123 Old 10-03-2015, 12:02 PM

I'm a little late to this party on fixing the purple issue, but after two screen replacements and suffering from a large amount of the purple fringing I just followed the steps much earlier in this thread and was able to upgrade using the logic.bin file and my Harmony 650 remote.

Can't thank this forum enough and particularly BigMiggen for uploading the file.
post #8103 of 8123 Old 10-31-2015, 09:57 AM

Liked: 0
Pink Banding is Back

I did the firmware upgrade earlier this year and fixed the pink banding issue, but now it's back. I tried reinstalling the LOGIC.bin file and I tried doing a factory reset and then reinstalling LOGIC.bin. Now I'm out of ideas. Has anyone else had the pink banding return?
post #8104 of 8123 Old 10-31-2015, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
That's a bummer. I did the fix On my 58" c8000about 8 months ago and haven't had it come back. If it does come back, I'll move the panel into the kids play room and look for a used Kuro. I just can't get excited about anything out there in the LED market and OLED is still stupid expensive, IMO.
post #8105 of 8123 Old 11-06-2015, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
For all PN58C550 owners out there experiencing the dreaded pink/purple banding issue. I am here to confirm that the LOGIC.bin file for the 3D TV that is available within this thread DOES work. I updated my logic board with success and the problem has disappeared. The purple banding had progressively gotten so bad that I was looking to replace the TV. As a last resort I figured I would give it a shot. So happy I did. I have my old TV back!
post #8106 of 8123 Old 11-08-2015, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just tried out the LOGIC.bin fix on my PN58C6400 and it was successful. The pink banding is definitely gone now. Thanks to all!
post #8107 of 8123 Old 11-18-2015, 07:57 AM

I also applied the LOGIC.bin file to my 63 inch Samsung, which had been demonstrating TERRIBLE pink banding during white scenes like hockey games, and can attest that this seems to have fixed the issue 95%.

I couldn't get the update to work with the first thumbdrive I had, so I bought another one for $5 off Amazon, dropped the file on it in the correct directory (without formatting it), and the update worked perfectly. So if you are getting failure on the update, try another usb drive.
post #8108 of 8123 Old 11-19-2015, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigrpeters View Post
Hope this gives someone confidence to try this update on their own. Its not hard and results for me were great!
Holy crap - I just want to say a big thank you to everyone in this post. I just did the update using the logic.bin previously posted and craigrpeters consolidated instructions using my normal samsung remote, a usb stick and holy cow...I am blown away. To say my TV looks good is an understatement, it honestly looks the best it ever has.

I have been struggling with this tv ever since the panel was replaced for years now. I had done the voltage adjustment and it was great for sometime, the pink banding slowly came back and then was worse than when i started. I just happened to check this thread, and to say its Christmas in my house is not doing my feelings justice. My wife had literally just found the receipt for the tv and the receipt for the first panel replacement and was reminding me how much this tv had cost us and how crappy it was. WOW THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!
post #8109 of 8123 Old 11-23-2015, 12:11 PM

PN58C8000 input voltage

Hello Everyone!
I have an unusual question, and was hoping that someone on this old thread can answer it.
I have relocated to Europe in recent years, and took my plasma with me. Along with the TV I have also taken a voltage converter 220>110V, so I can still enjoy my TV (no pink banding at the time of moving ). Few days ago the converter decided to join the dark side taking with it the only source of 110V I have...
While I'm out shopping for a new converter someone mentions this TV should have dual voltage power supply. I went back home and started digging. The sticker on TV prints AC110-120V, but after doing some research on google it came out the PS for this TV is BN44-00334A, and in fact this is exactly the same PS that's being used in european version of this TV and few other C-series plasmas. That indicates this PS is a dual voltage. I was trying to find some labeling on PS itself, but couldn't find anything. Could someone with the knowledge confirm this TV can actually run on 220V grid?
Any feedback will be very appreciated.
Thank You
BTW
At one time I've connected TV's plug into 220V outlet on the converter by accident. I did not turn it on, but the StandBy light went on. About 10secs later I pulled the plug, and after close inspection no harm was done do the TV.
post #8110 of 8123 Old 11-25-2015, 09:21 PM

Liked: 1
Issue resolved....Complete Instructions below

Here are the instructions needed to update the logic.bin as outlined in Samsung’s service bulletin.
• Items needed/used
oUSB thumb drive
o Programmable remote to enable the factory settings
 Harmony remote programed with the latest Samsung UE65HU7500 configuration (this has the factory setting needed to upgrade the Logic.bin)
• External information
o Location of Logic.bin for 58cXXXX
www<DOT>mediafire<DOT>com/download/bgmlscnmvzynfz6/%5B3D58%5DLOGIC.bin
o Service bulletin with instructions on how to load/connect and install the LOGIC.bin file
 www<DOT>encompassparts<DOT>com/newsletter_docs/pink_banding_July2013.pdf
• Instructions used
o Download the logic.bin from the site listed above
o Program your harmony remote with Samsung UE65HU7500 device
o Place on USB stick following the instructions listed in www<DOT>encompassparts<DOT>com/newsletter_docs/pink_banding_July2013.pdf
 Create a folder named “PDP_LOGIC” on the root directory of a USB Thumb Drive.
 Change the Logic S/W file name to “LOGIC.bin”, and then save it into the PDP_LOGIC folder on the USB drive.
o Insert the USB Thumb Drive into the TV’s USB port.
o Turn off TV
o On TV remote hit MUTE, 1, 8, 2, Power
 This will turn the TV on in service mode
o On Harmony remote, navigate to Samsung UE65HU7500 device, on page 4 of the device menus hit Factory
 This will start the TV to cycle through solid color screens.
 Once complete it will return you back to the service menu (additional features will be available at this time for the
o Go to Factory Menu  Control  PDP Options  Logic USB D/L.
o Press the Right Arrow button on the remote to begin the Logic S/W upgrade. The following message appears: LOGIC DOWNLOAD Upgrading
o Wait for the process to complete. (It will take several minutes)
o TV will power off and on
At this time the issue should be resolved
Attached Files
File Type: pdf pink_banding_July2013.pdf (256.6 KB, 73 views)
ambesolman likes this.
post #8111 of 8123 Old 11-28-2015, 11:58 AM

Liked: 1
Thanks to all for the effort here!!! By dumb luck, I was just googling to see if there was ever a newer firmware update from Samsung for this TV and stumbled upon this thread.

I have model # PN58C550G1FXZA and I also had an issue with the pink/purple banding. I thought all these years it was due to image burn. Anyway, I had previously gone into the service menu and changed the the model number in order to enable Cinema Black but I had no idea that this fix could be applied from within the Service Menu.

I could not find the PDP option as some other have mentioned, but as also was previously mentioned, I was able to apply the .bin file by doing the following.

Turn "Hotel Mode" ON.
Find the "Clone the TV to USB" option and perform it.
Make sure you have the USB Stick setup correctly with the Logic upgrade.
Go to back to "PDP Options" (it now appears) and find "LOGIC USB D/L" then press the right arrow button.

It stated it was "Upgrading" and this lasted for a minute or so. The TV then powered off and back on. I went back in and turned off "Hotel Mode". I lost my picture/audio settings but the problem with the banding is now resolved and the picture actual looks better. Not sure if the picture improvement was a result of the upgrade or if I just had crap settings all this time. Anyway, I registered on this forum today just to post and say thanks! You guys rock!
mde1 likes this.
post #8112 of 8123 Old 12-01-2015, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
TV turns on, no picture after firmware update

Quote:
Originally Posted by maristc7 View Post
For all PN58C550 owners out there experiencing the dreaded pink/purple banding issue. I am here to confirm that the LOGIC.bin file for the 3D TV that is available within this thread DOES work. I updated my logic board with success and the problem has disappeared. The purple banding had progressively gotten so bad that I was looking to replace the TV. As a last resort I figured I would give it a shot. So happy I did. I have my old TV back!
Tried the update with the 3D versions of the firmware. Now my TV turns on but the screen is black and does not respond. What could have happened and how can I get it back to working order?
post #8113 of 8123 Old 12-15-2015, 12:23 AM

Thumbs up Works on the PN58C550 - TV Is Back To New!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaosic_lord View Post
I believe I have fixed the purple banding issue with my Samsung! Note this works for my 58 inch because that is the only USB file currently available.

Read over the "service bulletin"

I needed the previous post to get the USB file on a stick found here:

Then I needed to add the hex code into my harmony remote using this:

Instructions for applying hex code to Harmony remotes here: (But there are other ways with other remotes)

http____forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Remotes-Programming/Adding-Pronto-Hex-codes-myself/td-p/406224

Plug your USB stick into your TV's USB.
Enter Factory mode by using the TV remote and while powered off hit - MUTE, 1, 8, 2, POWER.
The factory menu pops up.
Hit the programmed hex code on your Harmony (or other programmable remote)
Screen will flash some solid colors on the screen.
Hit the programmed hex code a second time to escape the color flashing screens.
When the Factory menu comes back you find that there are new submenus that were not there before.
Enter Control/PDP Option
Turn Logic Connect to ON.
Scroll down to Logic USB D/L and right arrow to upgrade.
When the upgrade is complete the TV will turn off.
Best of Luck

I'd tried this on and off for the last several months and finally came across the hotel mode instructions. I can confirm that the 3D58 Logic.bin file will work for the PNC58550 (which is on the 2D58 list).

Before that, I tried increasing the voltage. The purple banding improved, but then I had constant neon coloration in the lower center of the screen. After installing the 3D58 Logic.bin upgrade, the picture is fixed. I'm ecstatic!
post #8114 of 8123 Old 01-04-2016, 01:30 PM

PN58C6400 pink purple banding solved

Happy New Year everyone, I too had given up on the banding issue - over a year ago I contacted samsung
who offered to have someone come out for $250.00 to check this (thanks for nothing samsung ) known issue . really did not want to get into taking the set apart - long story short my son this month asked why
I had let this issue stagnate as I usually am able to solve these things - I said " go for it" and he discovered the updated information here - downloaded the file- into the service mode menus as instructed- and "voila "
fixed !!- had to re adjust colors later as the reset put everything back in Dynamic mode etc - just like new -
WELL- thanks again-it looks great now. tested with web page link on ps3 - and no pink on the white backgrounds

now as for NO THANKS to Samsung !- if they had or knew of this fix they never let me know- we have lots of samsung things - but I have now decided to buy future products and appliances from other manufacturers -no more Samsung cell phones or TV - already replaced washer drier and dishwasher with LG products (great customer service so far from LG) i DID A LOT OF RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING THE 6400 but a product is only as good as the service you get from the manufacturer.
post #8115 of 8123 Old 01-04-2016, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 864
The Official Samsung PNxxC6500, PNxxC7000, and PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion T...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincANADA View Post
Happy New Year everyone, I too had given up on the banding issue - over a year ago I contacted samsung

who offered to have someone come out for $250.00 to check this (thanks for nothing samsung ) known issue . really did not want to get into taking the set apart - long story short my son this month asked why

I had let this issue stagnate as I usually am able to solve these things - I said " go for it" and he discovered the updated information here - downloaded the file- into the service mode menus as instructed- and "voila "

fixed !!- had to re adjust colors later as the reset put everything back in Dynamic mode etc - just like new -

WELL- thanks again-it looks great now. tested with web page link on ps3 - and no pink on the white backgrounds

now as for NO THANKS to Samsung !- if they had or knew of this fix they never let me know- we have lots of samsung things - but I have now decided to buy future products and appliances from other manufacturers -no more Samsung cell phones or TV - already replaced washer drier and dishwasher with LG products (great customer service so far from LG) i DID A LOT OF RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING THE 6400 but a product is only as good as the service you get from the manufacturer.

Glad it worked for you. My 58c7000 sat unplugged in another room for about 1.5yrs after Samsung finally replaced it with an f5500 after several panel swaps (thanks extended warranty!). I gave the c7000 to my dad, but told him about the pink menace. He said he didn't care since it was better than his big old sd box. When my brother and I got it mounted, the banding was gone!?!? It's been about a year and so far so good, but will be ready with this update if/when it comes back.

Just an FYI, dynamic is usually the last setting you'd want to use. Movie is generally the preferred setting to start with as it's usually most accurate. It's your tv though so do whatever makes you happy.🏼

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still

Last edited by ambesolman; 01-05-2016 at 10:35 AM.
post #8116 of 8123 Old 01-05-2016, 08:30 PM

Talking The update file truly worked!

Hello All,

I just wanted to say thank you for all that shared the links to the update files and posted instructions on how to perform the update. I bought a Samsung PN63C8000 for $350 only to find out that it had the pink banding issue. After some online research and the help of all of you I was able to fix this problem and am now enjoying this awesome plasma. Blu-Rays and HD gaming look AMAZING! To anyone worried about trying to fix this themselves: do it it's simply and works!
post #8117 of 8123 Old 01-20-2016, 01:41 PM

Hey guys...I have the PN58C550 model, I tried upgrading the logic software with the 3d version of the firmware, as I had read a couple of posts in this thread saying it may work for my TV. Went through all the steps, flashed the logic, and there is no picture anymore after the upgrade. Anyone have ideas on what I can do now? Anyone know if replacing the logic board will fix this?
post #8118 of 8123 Old 01-29-2016, 10:46 AM

Samsung PN63C8000YF-XZA Died

I have a SamsungPN63C8000YF-XZA that is approximately 6 years old. The other day while watching TV the picture all of a sudden went out. When trying to power it on and off all that would happen is that the small red light at the bottom right would come on and off. Nothing else. We tried unplugging, leaving it unplugged for hours, and then plugging it back in to "reset" it, but we still have the same problem.

I have since just gone out and purchased a new TV (we were looking to upgrade to 4K anyways, even though I was hoping to wait a bit longer when prices came down and more content was available), but was hoping to possibly salvage this TV, either to sell or move to another room. Anyone know what the possible problem may be? Any easy fix? Ballpark figure what would be the cost to repair? If the only option is to ditch it, what is the best way to dispose of it correctly? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
post #8119 of 8123 Old 02-10-2016, 09:26 PM

[3D58]LOGIC.BIN worked for my PN58C550

Just another note that the [3D58]LOGIC.BIN worked for my PN58C550.

I followed craigrpeters excellent summary here:
/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/1240821-official-samsung-pnxxc6500-pnxxc7000-pnxxc8000-owner-s-discussion-thread-269.html#post31046226

Thanks to all who have contributed, this saved me a lot of frustration and money!
post #8120 of 8123 Old 03-13-2016, 02:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsean View Post
Just did my PN63C8000 with the file provided earlier. Found the .pdf here: pink_banding_July2013.pdf - http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...82001339,d.aWw

It's not completely gone but whew sooo much better! I have a Logitech Revue hooked up to it and it was really noticeable when I went to the Google Play store. Now, you barely can see it unless you're really looking for it.

The only way that I can get to hotel mode is by
1- TV off, hit MUTE 182 ENTER
3- A menu will appear that says Hotel mode OFF
4- Turn Hotel Mode ON
5- Find the Clone the TV to USB and do it.
6- Make sure you have the USB Stick setup correctly with the right PDP_LOGIC folder structure and the Logic upgrade
7- Under PDP Options find LOGIC USB D/L
8 - Press the right arrow button.
Great instructions. I was able to accomplish this using a Service Remote Program from the Android play Store. One gotcha, for me I had to make sure my USB was formatted to FAT file system. Otherwise the TV would not read it.

Appllied the patch and now it looks like it fixed my issue. I was so tired of watching the occasional banding.

-Ron
post #8121 of 8123 Old 04-09-2016, 11:03 AM

Thumbs up It worked for my PN63C8000!

Like many others, I'd pretty much given up on this purple/pink banding problem, and just resigned myself to tolerate it until it reached a point I couldn't take it or when a good replacement option appeared. This problems seemed slowly worse, and I researched it one last time and found this forum. After following the instructions, using the normal remote and the "Hotel" option, I performed the update and the issue is resolved! It's amazing what a few lines of code can do! Thanks to everyone who helped provide this solution!!
post #8122 of 8123 Old 04-21-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -josh- View Post
Just another note that the [3D58]LOGIC.BIN worked for my PN58C550.

I followed craigrpeters excellent summary here:
/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/1240821-official-samsung-pnxxc6500-pnxxc7000-pnxxc8000-owner-s-discussion-thread-269.html#post31046226

Thanks to all who have contributed, this saved me a lot of frustration and money!
It worked for my PN58C500 too.
I did it this evening.
I performed the voltage adjustment about a year ago, but that only lasted a few months.

Thanks to everyone that made it possible.
post #8123 of 8123 Old 06-15-2016, 11:29 AM

This worked for me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleb View Post
Thanks to all for the effort here!!! By dumb luck, I was just googling to see if there was ever a newer firmware update from Samsung for this TV and stumbled upon this thread.

I have model # PN58C550G1FXZA and I also had an issue with the pink/purple banding. I thought all these years it was due to image burn. Anyway, I had previously gone into the service menu and changed the the model number in order to enable Cinema Black but I had no idea that this fix could be applied from within the Service Menu.

I could not find the PDP option as some other have mentioned, but as also was previously mentioned, I was able to apply the .bin file by doing the following.

Turn "Hotel Mode" ON.
Find the "Clone the TV to USB" option and perform it.
Make sure you have the USB Stick setup correctly with the Logic upgrade.
Go to back to "PDP Options" (it now appears) and find "LOGIC USB D/L" then press the right arrow button.

It stated it was "Upgrading" and this lasted for a minute or so. The TV then powered off and back on. I went back in and turned off "Hotel Mode". I lost my picture/audio settings but the problem with the banding is now resolved and the picture actual looks better. Not sure if the picture improvement was a result of the upgrade or if I just had crap settings all this time. Anyway, I registered on this forum today just to post and say thanks! You guys rock!
Thanks so much to SimbleB (your Hotel option was the step I was missing) and the others on this boards for providing these instructions. I was able to fix my now 6 year plasma from this dreaded banding issue. You guys are awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn63c8000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page