The Official Samsung PNxxC6500, PNxxC7000, and PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 272 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

post #8131 of 8140 Old 10-13-2016, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasbeau View Post
I discovered that it was the logic board that bricked because the firmware failed. I found the logic board on eBay for $5.00. Took apart the TV and swapped it out. Took about an hour to do, lots of screws on the back panel but very easy. No soldering, just some ribbon cables to swap out. My wife was angry because I already replaced the TV with a new 65" LG 4K 3D. She'll get over it soon. Plasma is now in my man cave.

Tom
Wow, thank you so much for the quick reply! This stinks... at least the TVs not complete garbage but this means I have another project and have to wait for the board to be delivered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8132 of 8140 Old 10-13-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I discovered that it was the logic board that bricked because the firmware failed. I found the logic board on eBay for $5.00. Took apart the TV and swapped it out. Took about an hour to do, lots of screws on the back panel but very easy. No soldering, just some ribbon cables to swap out. My wife was angry because I already replaced the TV with a new 65" LG 4K 3D. She'll get over it soon. Plasma is now in my man cave.

Tom
Tom,

When you got your replacement board and installed it, did you still have the pink banding issue? Did you attempt to install the LOGIC.bin again?

Thanks for your help!
post #8133 of 8140 Old 10-13-2016, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Pink Banding

Quote:
Originally Posted by raha613 View Post
Tom,

When you got your replacement board and installed it, did you still have the pink banding issue? Did you attempt to install the LOGIC.bin again?

Thanks for your help!
My pink banding was better but not cured 100%. I still see some on very white backgrounds. I didn't have the nerve to attempt another flash and wipe out the logic board for the second time. Other than extreme white backgrounds I can't see the banding so I can live with it.

Tom
post #8134 of 8140 Old 10-17-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
My pink banding was better but not cured 100%. I still see some on very white backgrounds. I didn't have the nerve to attempt another flash and wipe out the logic board for the second time. Other than extreme white backgrounds I can't see the banding so I can live with it.

Tom
I got my logic board in the mail today and the TV works again. I should have access to the GSPN within the next day or two and will report back on what happens when I try to load the correct [2D58]LOGIC.bin. I also paid $5.00 for the board and I wouldn't attempt using the wrong LOGIC.bin again but I can't not try with the correct one. Obviously they released separate versions for a reason.

On another note I did move 'Vs' value up to 213 like the document specifies and the pink banding DOES mostly clear up. I turned it back down to 210 and will adjust accordingly after I apply the update. Stand by.
post #8135 of 8140 Old 10-17-2016, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raha613 View Post
I got my logic board in the mail today and the TV works again. I should have access to the GSPN within the next day or two and will report back on what happens when I try to load the correct [2D58]LOGIC.bin. I also paid $5.00 for the board and I wouldn't attempt using the wrong LOGIC.bin again but I can't not try with the correct one. Obviously they released separate versions for a reason.

On another note I did move 'Vs' value up to 213 like the document specifies and the pink banding DOES mostly clear up. I turned it back down to 210 and will adjust accordingly after I apply the update. Stand by.
Great! Very happy to hear the TV is working again. Keep me updated. Very interested in knowing where your next attempt gets you. Good luck.

Tom
post #8136 of 8140 Old 10-17-2016, 08:29 PM

always wondered what that pink/purple stuff was when the screen was white! Now I know. Had some boards replaced about 4 years after buying it and don't notice it much anymore.
post #8137 of 8140 Old 10-25-2016, 08:47 AM

It is a super PITA to obtain this file. I am a business, deal in electronics and am now a Samsung Partner but unless I have a certified Samsung TV technician on staff they wont grant access to the GSPN. I have access to the GSBN but unfortunately that is a different portal. Might just have to pay the Best Buy guys $100 bucks to get it done.
post #8138 of 8140 Old 10-27-2016, 11:17 AM

And just when I was about to give up I saw 'Samsung' pop up on my caller id . After frying one logic board with the wrong Logic S/W file (LOGIC.bin) and countless hours spent trying to obtain this file, I finally have it.

Previous to having this file I turned the Vs up to 213 and the purple nearly disappeared however I turned it back down to 210 as set from the factory because I felt the right way to do this was to follow the documented Samsung instructions.

I applied the 2D58 Logic S/W file today using the hotel mode workaround and it worked just as expected... Perfectly! No voltage change necessary at this time, the pink banding is gone!!!

In summary I suggest that you ONLY install the CORRECT Logic S/W file for your TV unless you want to start replacing parts. While using Logic S/W files meant for other TV models worked for some people, there is no guarantee it will work for you. It didn't for me and I was left with a dead TV which was working ok before. The only reason I knew to replace the logic board is because @thomasbeau was still monitoring this thread months later and was nice enough to share what he had found. Big shout out to him. In addition thank you to the rest of the members involved in this thread, without you we would all be stuck paying $100-$300 to fix a known issue.

I leave you with the file some have been waiting a long time for. Use it at your own risk. One thing to take note of is that the upgrade process takes a few minutes. Be patient and do not unplug or turn off the TV during the process. It will restart automatically and after the restart give it approximately one minute before you do anything else (the red power light flashes during this time). Good luck!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nvbf2qebkt7yan2/
post #8139 of 8140 Old 11-14-2016, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys, I just wanted to say, i've had the purple banding issue on my PL58C8000 for about three years now, and I thought it was just panel damage. I made no attempt to fix it. However, today I guess I was so pissed off that I decided I would attempt to fix the issue, and if I failed, I would buy a new tv. Well, I found the samsung service buliten and the 3D58 bin file. I got the hex code for the service menu, and plugged it into my LG G3's IR blaster. I updated through the service menu. And now, my TV has been rid of this plague, the screen purple no longer. Thanks to everyone (two years later) who got this process working!
post #8140 of 8140 Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Glad I checked up on this thread, been about 3 years since I have visited it. I have had my PN63C8000 since 2011 and overall pleased with it. But I have Lazo started started seeing the pink banding on the bottom of the screen during white screens.

What bothers me more is that during a dark scene, be blacks or any other color you can vaguely see like a snowy background. It seems like thousands of random pixieish flashing white off/on in a random pattern. It's most noticeable right when you turn the tv on and the screen is still black. This has been going on for years and I'm not sure if was there when I got the tv it's been happening for so long now. It's my first plasma display, is this normal?

Ordered a Samsung 65" KS8000 through the Samsung EPP site Sunday. For $1079 shipped it was to hard to pass up, waking up Sunday morning I had no clue I would be buying a new tv lol. This replaces an old Sony DLP 60A3000 that's been chugging along in my finished basement for about 10 years now. Been looking to upgrade that for awhile.

I plan on replacing the PN63C8000 with an OLED most likely in February or March. It's been awhile since I looked at new TV's obviously but it's seems like the market has changed completely. Is it just me or you don't need to spend 2-3k+ anymore? There are tons of options out there now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn63c8000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread