The Official Samsung PNxxC6500, PNxxC7000, and PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 273 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

post #8161 of 8165 Old 01-12-2017, 03:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Antikki,

I can't comment on the PS63 but I'm in the UK and have a PS58C6500TKXXU (i.e. not a PN, the last four digits don't match the service bulletin and its not 3D) but the logic.bin fix worked for me.

Another post on this forum reported as fixing xlr8or PS58C7000:
/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/1477910-pn58c8000-pink-banding-8.html

I was going to buy a new TV so if the firmware bricked it wasn't going to be upset - I've now got a bit longer usage in the old girl to wait for OLED to get cheaper.

It's always risky updating firmware especially when not officially supporting a model number or device is no longer under warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8162 of 8165 Old 01-12-2017, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
How strange is this...

I have 2 of these TV's and one can access the extended Service Menu and view Panel Time where as the other one can't...

On one of them, the extended Service Menu is brought up by turning on Hotel Mode then going into Service Menu > Control > Hotel Option then pressing on "Clone TV to USB". Pressing on this will give me access to the extended Service Menu without a USB even being connected to the TV. I will get a message saying "USB is not connected" but when I close this message I have access to the extended Service Menu where I can update Logic F/W and view Panel Time.

On my other TV which is the same model, I cannot access the extended Service Menu by following these exact same steps. Does anyone know why? Primarily I want to view the Panel Time but you need access to the extended Service Menu to view this...

Here is a video I uploaded of how I access the extended Service Menu one TV and view Panel Time which was previously hidden:
This doesn't work on the other TV

Last edited by antikk; 01-12-2017 at 05:55 AM.
post #8163 of 8165 Old 02-25-2017, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
PN58C8000 and Blue Tinted Screen

PN58C8000
Firmware: 2012/07/11_001037

TV had Logic Board replaced 4 years ago. Working find until recently where color changes. Now screen has a blue tint. Occasionally will revert back to proper color. Screen image also appears to be somewhat dimmer. I have messed with all normal settings and cannot correct. Replaced logic board no change. Could I have a main board going bad?

post #8164 of 8165 Old 03-14-2017, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
"Like many others, I'd pretty much given up on this purple/pink banding problem, and just resigned myself to tolerate it until it reached a point I couldn't take it or when a good replacement option appeared. This problems seemed slowly worse, and I researched it one last time and found this forum. After following the instructions, using the normal remote and the "Hotel" option, I performed the update and the issue is resolved! It's amazing what a few lines of code can do! Thanks to everyone who helped provide this solution!!"

Add me as a happy camper as well with my 'new' PN58C550 that I got for FREE off of our local craiglist. Its previous owner's sons had bought their father a new smart replacement set so the father posted the ad for his old set and I was the first to spot it. As I was loading it into my car he said that he didn't think it was ready for the county dump. Boy was he right!

I haven't done the voltage adjustment. The pink/purple posterization with white backgrounds is appears to be gone and the TSB says only do this if the problem persists.

One odd item: while in the hotel menu I photographed the service levels listed before the logic board upgrade and after. I had expected a change in at least one level but there was none. However the picture improvement assured me that 'something had changed!'

Last edited by seabrook; 03-14-2017 at 12:53 PM.
post #8165 of 8165 Old Today, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Apps are Missing

Was there some update that I didn't notice that apps are gone now. I looked on my PN58C6500 for YouTube and its gone, same with Google maps and not listed for install.

Did Samsung have a falling out with Google?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn63c8000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page