AVS Forum banner

The Official Samsung PNxxC6500, PNxxC7000, and PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread

1M views 8K replies 1K participants last post by  howdydooit 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Just had a chance to play with and watch the pn50c7000 at my local bb tonight, and was very impressed with what I saw in 2d. They had one of the x-men movies playing through one of samsungs new non 3d blu-ray players. Blacks looked great colors had pop. The set was far from being calibrated! They had the remote attached and I was able to at least change it to movie mode. The biggest surprise to me was the smooth motion the set had. I could swear I was looking at de-judder processing on this plasma. It looked like what samsung offers on their led sets when you turn the de-judder up to 8. The panning was ultra smooth, and there was not even a hint of jerking. I searched through the menus and I could find nothing to do with de-judder or cinema-smooth. I tried to turn film mode on but it would no let me, it was grayed out. It was almost like de-judder and cinema-smooth were built in when the set detected a 24hz input. I cant explain it. I made sure I was looking at a pn50c7000 by looking at the back of the set and sure enough the back panel indicated so. The movie looked amazing in 2d. Can anyone explain this, or know why it would look like all the motion smoothing enhancements would be on this set with no adjustments? Maybe a special store demo set? Couldnt believe my eyes! Hope this in the same for the 63 inch 7000!

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWDinc /forum/post/18439509

I know they have a motion judder canceler in these new models. Not sure yet if its adjustable, but there is film mode off-auto1-auto2 in the menu.

Motion Judder and Cinema Smooth are limited to the 8000 series. 6500 and 7000 do not have them. The real black filter is supposed to only be on the 8000 too, but we'll have to see on that one. Sammy's website and their press release and user manuals contradict one another.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholc2 /forum/post/18440572

Motion Judder and Cinema Smooth are limited to the 8000 series. 6500 and 7000 do not have them. The real black filter is supposed to only be on the 8000 too, but we'll have to see on that one. Sammy's website and their press release and user manuals contradict one another.

the samsung website sayd that the c7000 has the real black filter, i dont know if its true but the set that i saw at sears was amazing at eliminating glare, there was almost no glare what so ever under the nuclear lights at the store, i didnt ee any setting for cinema smooth though, maybe it just auto detects 1080p/24 blu rays and activates it, if im correct this is how the pnxx650 series did it while the 660 you had to do it manually

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim1126 /forum/post/18441576

the samsung website sayd that the c7000 has the real black filter, i dont know if its true but the set that i saw at sears was amazing at eliminating glare, there was almost no glare what so ever under the nuclear lights at the store, i didnt ee any setting for cinema smooth though, maybe it just auto detects 1080p/24 blu rays and activates it, if im correct this is how the pnxx650 series did it while the 660 you had to do it manually

Yes, but if you compare the user manuals of the 7000 and 8000 series and look in the troubleshooting section, the RBF is specifically mentioned in the 8000 manual and not in the 7000 manual. So that's where the confusion lies. Web site says one thing, but the user manual says something different.

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 /forum/post/18442219

Where does it say the 7000 has the RBF on the website? I see it on the 8000 but must have missed it on the 7000.

Thanks,

Invite 3D technology into your home. The Samsung PDP 7000 makes it possible. And with a bigger screen and unbelievable picture quality, it also makes it mind-blowing. With this technological wonder in your living room your viewing experience is instantly upgraded to cinema-level picture quality. Bolstered by the crisp, clear imagery that its Real Black Filter delivers, the PDP 7000 really lets you get into the action. And that's not limited to movies and programs; Internet@TV communicates with your PC and phone to allow you to access the web and phonecalls on its big screen. You might only be sitting on your couch, but you won't believe the view.

thats taken from the samsung website

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholc2 /forum/post/18442157

Yes, but if you compare the user manuals of the 7000 and 8000 series and look in the troubleshooting section, the RBF is specifically mentioned in the 8000 manual and not in the 7000 manual. So that's where the confusion lies. Web site says one thing, but the user manual says something different.

yeah i was reading the manual for the c7000 yesterday i could not find anything about the cinema smooth or the real black filter

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim1126 /forum/post/18442357

Invite 3D technology into your home. The Samsung PDP 7000 makes it possible. And with a bigger screen and unbelievable picture quality, it also makes it mind-blowing. With this technological wonder in your living room your viewing experience is instantly upgraded to cinema-level picture quality. Bolstered by the crisp, clear imagery that its Real Black Filter delivers, the PDP 7000 really lets you get into the action. And that's not limited to movies and programs; Internet@TV communicates with your PC and phone to allow you to access the web and phonecalls on its big screen. You might only be sitting on your couch, but you won't believe the view.

thats taken from the samsung website

their website is known to be wrong

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarLox /forum/post/18443288

When sitting 10ft away from a 50" plasma, would 720p matter vs 1080p ?

I'm trying to decide rather to purchase a pn50c7000 vs two pn50b450s ... which is about the same price.

Acording to the research done at the following link its a close call.

http://carltonbale.com/1080p-does-matter

My reccomendation is go to the store that has both sets and measure off your sitting distance and do your own test.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.