What's causing these horizontal lines on my Plasma? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 04-14-2010, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
UPDATE - LG service guy came. Look post below

I just brought LG pladma 2010model(50PJ350). These horizontal lines appear on all inputs but different amount. Not sure about hdmi, No hdmi player. And It's not moving.

On XBOX360 via component. It's the same as above but thinner line, less visible can be see only in dark screen. It DISTORTED the video.In racing game It's very annoying. this line keep distort and not moving while the car/video moving forward. It's not moving,color fade a little bit.

What is causing this? I have try many experiments, remove all cable, input, disconnect everyelectric appliances, but it's still there.

I just want to comfirm IS this can be TV fault or problem cause by something in my house?
and how can I get rid of this?
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-15-2010, 06:46 AM

If you are sure your cables or sources aren't defective and are hooked up correctly then it must be the tv.

Do you get those when the display is active?
post #3 of 10 Old 04-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by paraq View Post

I just brought LG pladma 2010model(50PJ350). These horizontal lines appear on all inputs but different amount. Not sure about hdmi, No hdmi player. And It's not moving.

On dvd player with component(same result with av input)

On XBOX360 via component. These is hardly see, It is a red thingy in the image. It appears only dark,grey screen,mostly noticeabe at dark/grey.

What is causing this? I have try many experiments, remove all cable, input, disconnect everyelectric appliances, but it's still there.

first pic not sure but the second one looks a little like image retention maybe?. if you just purchased it i would see about exchanging it for a different one and see if that takes care of it.
post #4 of 10 Old 04-15-2010, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

ohiost90: When active? do you mean when no input at all? Not at all.

thebigdaddye: I don't think it's IR because it's about 4-5 lines and just wavy like the first image and it doesn't seem like an image at all.

After many tries I just found out a solution for my DVD player if I disconnect sound input from my DVD player, It disapppear!. I don't know what going, might be a dvd player fault? But how can I watch dvd without a sound.

On Xbox360 have an OEM cables,maybe that why is lesser. Wii also have it. Don't have a solution for this yet but proper calibration can make it disappear cause it appear only on dark/grey screen unlike my DVD player and wii.

But strangely when I watch from my Satellite reciever, I don't have single lines.

I can't exchange it, Here, We can't change only within 7 days, with proper reason and also technician accepted, crazy isn't it?I don't know why my country is difference. Don't want to talk about feature on TV that have been cut off.

Well another thing my TV is only 1 meter away from "satellite dish" can it interrupt anyhow?

I just want to be sure is it cause by my environmental thing(source, Electical) Or the tv is faulty so I will just call LG service.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-15-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:

ohiost90: When active? do you mean when no input at all? Not at all.

By "when active" I meant when a movie, TV show, Game, etc is actually being displayed.

Quote:

After many tries I just found out a solution for my DVD player if I disconnect sound input from my DVD player, It disapppear!. I don't know what going, might be a dvd player fault? But how can I watch dvd without a sound.

Could your run audio to a receiver?

Quote:

On Xbox360 have an OEM cables,maybe that why is lesser. Wii also have it. Don't have a solution for this yet but proper calibration can make it disappear cause it appear only on dark/grey screen unlike my DVD player and wii.

But strangely when I watch from my Satellite reciever, I don't have single lines.

What type of input and cable are you using for your sat receiver? If you use the same inputs and cables that you are using for your DVD player for the Sat receiver what happens?
post #6 of 10 Old 04-16-2010, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

By "when active" I meant when a movie, TV show, Game, etc is actually being displayed.

On dvd player it can be see easily. But with Xbox360(lesser lines) it have to be quite dark/grey to be notice, I notice it when only dark screen.

Quote:

What type of input and cable are you using for your sat receiver? If you use the same inputs and cables that you are using for your DVD player for the Sat receiver what happens?

Well,I just change change to use cable that I use for my sat reciever and, It worked! lines all disappear don't know about in dark/grey screen, I don't have a test disc,I will give it a try. It seem to be cables fault,I think.

But what about Gaming on Xbox and Wii with OEM cables I don't think it's faulty. Can't find a solution for it yet. It is very annoy when I'm on a dark screen. I can't take a very perfect picture on this lines cause my oldies camera.

Could It be affect only Analog thingy? I don't have any hdmi so I can't figure it out.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-18-2010, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

I can't get rid of these lines yet especially on dark/grey screen. Better cable just make it lesser. Anyways in OEM cable that use in Wii/Xbox Still have it.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-28-2010, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATE

The line become less visible but it's still there. In SD content it hardly see. But when I playing xbox, HD content I can be easily visible.

It look like the one in the picture above the blue one. But this time It not that much very thin, many line , It DISTORTED the video. In racing game It's very annoying. this line keep distort and not moving while the car/video moving forward. It's not moving,color fade a little bit.

Can any one point me out what causing this?

It isn't fixed yet.
post #9 of 10 Old 04-28-2010, 11:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
get LG to fix it
post #10 of 10 Old 05-06-2010, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

LG service came today. I show them the problem that has on:

1. Xbox = mass horizontal line, reddish moving strip line(Different amount between component1,2)

Reddish moving strip line like in the dark image above, only appear on the 1080p. Firstly it might be FW fault but with more experiment in other input the amount increase. It likely be the input fault.

2. Cable TV,Wii have to same problem then with many experiment, It' still there. No matter how good the cable we use is.

3. LG service guy came with their blu-ray player to test the HDMI. Under normal video is hardly to spot these massive horizontal line. 1080i/p we can't even see it but 720p via component can spot it easily. 720p via hdmi still have these line but hardly spot.

We have no summary for this problem yet. LG service guy think it is the input fault-when we change input from compo1 to 2 the amount change- that likely to be input fault. They told me that they will get new mainboard for replacement.

Also they want to test with other tv cause they half believe that it is xbox360 fault. And TV is fine. But hey! every thing show this line even blu-ray player they came up with.

Anyway, I will report the result when testing with other TV LG came up with. If everything is fine on other tv then probably TV fault, no doubt on it.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page