Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 640 Old 07-14-2010, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 144driver View Post

I'll have to let you know what luck I have exchanging this set for another. It is directional for me as well. Maybe I need to raise it up, but it's just at such a perfect, natural viewing position now. I'd hate to raise it up and have to tilt my head back to watch. I don't think that's a compromise you should make when you drop a few thousand bucks on AV equipment.

Do Panasonic and LG's buzz as well? It seems to be predominantly a Samsung issue.

my Panasonics 46G25 buzzed but my C6500 is actually a lot worse. I'm getting it exchanged because of some other issues. Hopefully this one won't have it....Still, I got over it pretty quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 640 Old 07-15-2010, 11:55 AM

my 6500 is gorgeous, but recently moved to 15th floor of a building and now i hear a loud directional buzz - i thoguht i was one of the lucky ones without a buzz initially, but it's really annoying now.

Other people with buzz: when you get a samsung tech to come, does he ever resolve it?
post #183 of 640 Old 07-16-2010, 11:13 AM

To anyone who is concerned about image retention or screen burn please read the following. My set is located in a dedicated theater room so I only watch blu ray movies on it, I would estimate that, I have viewed maybe 7 or 8 over the last month or so. Well last night I forgot that I started a movie and left the start up menu of the movie on the screen for FOUR HOURS! Once I stopped the blu ray player I couldnt help but notice what looked like complete image retention, I mean the black borders of the boxes and images looked as if the tv was still on! Well I am very happy to report that after a very stressful 45 minutes of running the scrolling tool in the main menu all of the burn in is COMPLETELY GONE! I thought for sure the screen was toast. On another note the screen saver on the blu ray and the tv will not be activated UNLESS the screen image is paused or there is no signal from what ever device you have feeding the tv, according to Samsung. Just thought I would put that out there for anyone worried about image retention.

post #184 of 640 Old 07-17-2010, 12:15 AM

To owners, can you guys confirm if the C6500 has the FilterBrightâ„¢ AntiGlare technology? I try searching it on Google, and it's linked together, but when I visit the Samsung website, the FilterBrightâ„¢ AntiGlare is not listed on there. So does it have it or not? Thanks.
post #185 of 640 Old 07-18-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkyen View Post

Other people with buzz: when you get a samsung tech to come, does he ever resolve it?

I too am wondering the same thing... Anyone have a tech come out yet?
post #186 of 640 Old 07-19-2010, 01:21 PM

Success! New TV has arrived! And thankfully no buzz at all from my brand spankin' new 6500! Huzzah!

Thank you all for helping me through this rough transition! Can't believe it took almost a month to resolve though!
post #187 of 640 Old 07-19-2010, 01:29 PM

Just got my pn50c6500 today. All the settings are low for the break in period.
Got an exchange from Samsung after getting green sparkles on my fp-t5084. This is a non-buzzer and I'm fairly impressed with the picture, although it's going to need to be calibrated when the burn in is done. It was manufactured this month so they may have finally fixed the buzz issue or I just got lucky.

I'll keep you guys posted if anything negative develops.

SONY STR DG1000 OPPO BDP-83 PANASONIC TC-P55VT50 HTS2600 MKII REFERENCE POWERCENTER VIP 922DUO SATELLITE RECEIVER KLH SUB-WOOFER SANSUI 5 SPEAKER SURROUND 2 POLK AUDIO R300 SPEAKERS
post #188 of 640 Old 07-19-2010, 01:31 PM

it's going to need to be calibrated when the burn in is done.

I meant the break in is done.

SONY STR DG1000 OPPO BDP-83 PANASONIC TC-P55VT50 HTS2600 MKII REFERENCE POWERCENTER VIP 922DUO SATELLITE RECEIVER KLH SUB-WOOFER SANSUI 5 SPEAKER SURROUND 2 POLK AUDIO R300 SPEAKERS
post #189 of 640 Old 07-20-2010, 12:34 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgrant1 View Post

Just got the 6400 recently and had about a week to play around with it so far. First of all I should probably note that the 6400 and 6500 are the same I think (likely the same tv with different model numbers assigned to different retailers). I bought the 6400 at a nationwide chain in Canada however noticed that Costco sells the 6500 rather than the 6400 here in Canada. The 6400 much like the 6500 is 1.4 inches deep which contradicts SAMSUNG's website.

I chose this tv over the B850 and B650 which seemed to fail in comparison to the C6400 when all three were viewed at a particular retailer. Don't get me wrong the B850 and B650 were nice but not quite like the C6400.

Also I should note that the I didn't go with the 7000 or 8000 models as I am not a fan of 3D at this point in time and have no kids to entertain with it.

First impressions :

1. Very impressive aesthetic (bezel/toc design).
2. Amazing black levels and contrast.
3. No burn in to speak of yet and I've been hard at leaving certain channels on for periods of time to test it.
4. Great glare protection. I have three windows in my livingroom which let light in directly facing the television and still get minimal glare from the plasma screen. I have to say that this tv has better glare protection than my Sony lcd did.
5. Great PQ. The setting right out of the box were pretty decent. All I really had to do was change from dynamic to movie mode then decrease the warmth from warm 2 to standard which immediately gave an awesome picture. I'll stick with these setting for a 100 hours or so then switch to something better if need be.

Overall, anyone buying the 6400 will not be dissappointed. Stop racking your brain about which model to buy and the pros and cons of each like I did. I spent hours after I ordered the 6400 reading posts from people listing pros and cons of each. I was so twisted that I thought that for sure I would have to return it for a variety of reasons like black levels, PQ, buzzing and whatnot. Don't listen to them, just buy it. You won't be disappointed.

Also, I'd like to address this buzzing issue that's been going around regarding Samsung plasma's. This is my 3rd Samsung plasma with no buzzing issues. I'm not really sure what to make of all of this. I've probably seen 50 Samsung plasma sets all 2009-2010 at a variety of different stores while shopping for mine. I tested everyone of them for buzz and never heard anything. All I heard from those sets and mine is a light hum from the internal systems (likely a fan). At home I do notice a directional tendancy for this hum only when sitting directly infront of the tv at approximately eye level. You don't really hear this anywhere else in the room. Also, you only hear this hum with no volume. When I turn the volume up even minimally you can't hear the hum. Also, I've never owned a tv that didn't make some sort of noise. Most people should realize that anything you buy that needs to be plugged into a power source will make some sort of noise.

Hope this helps................

Great post, I was torn/am torn as to whether I keep my LG LE5300 LED which is edge lit and has no internet or wifi ability. I feel I need a few extra ionches as this purchase will be my last for a while , renoed the home and this set will have to do for a while.

I was debating either the LG PK750 Infinia THX 60" or this Samsung C6400 58" from probably the same Canadian nationwide chain you bought yours at. I have a few days left to return my LG and hopefully this Samsung provides the great service my secondary LN-T4661F 1080p lcd does.

Basically for the same cost I get 3+" depending which set I go with and internet capability. I do not think I will pay for extended warranty on the samsung as plasma warranty is too expensive imho. I will just register on Samsungs site for the extra 3mths and be happy with 15mths total

Anyone got comment on choosing between the Samsung 58" and LG Infinia PK750 60"?? I am just so tired of reading about TV sets I just need to be done to it. bad habit to research stuff to death there just has to be a point where you can just be happy with the product as long as it performs as it should. My wife finds the LG LE5300 55" real nice as is.
post #190 of 640 Old 07-22-2010, 06:29 PM

Has anyone with a buzzing set had the buzzing reduce over time? Maybe after some break in period?

My buzzing is like listening to an AM radio station that's not tuned in properly - until I get the volume up fairly high. At night, if I keep the volume low enough to reasonably listen to the news without waking my wife up, the buzz and the audio are about on par with each other.

My buzz too is only really noticeable dead center, in front of the set - which is exactly where I want to be looking when I watch TV, it's the optimal point. I don't want to tilt my head up in the air to look at a set way too high on the wall - so I can shield myself from buzz.
post #191 of 640 Old 07-22-2010, 07:22 PM

Liked: 12
with my set, it has buzz, but very very light, as soon as you put any volume to it, you cant hear it, it is directional, and the only time i can hear it is with no audio. i personally think people with the loud buzzing should return for a new set. there is hope! its just being lucky enough to get one without or with very minimal buzz. also mine buzzes the same loudness as it did when i first bought it and i have about 150 hours on it now.
post #192 of 640 Old 07-22-2010, 11:06 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger9 View Post

it's going to need to be calibrated when the burn in is done.

I meant the break in is done.

I am picking up my 58C6400 tomorrow with help of a friends van.

I would like to know the best recomended method for properly burning the set in for 110 hrs. I currently use Bell HD

I was planning to lower the standard settings to mid point and let it run for a full day or 2 at a time via cycling blue ray and hd tv shows.

I paid for ISF calibration getting a really good deal at $199 through a big box store here in Canada. the calibration will be done by ISF certified technician and price was sale price ending today. I felt for the cost it will be worth it after I saw what it did to a 55" LG LE5300 Edge Lit LED which I owned and returned to go a tad bigger and plasma. hope I have made the right choice.

if there is a specific burn in mehtod for first 100+ hours can someone reference it?
post #193 of 640 Old 07-24-2010, 10:56 AM
meg

The optical output is full digital sound only from the TV tuner. With other components connected to the TV, only 2-channel sound is transmitted through the optical output. I've been told (but not sure) that this is an anti-piracy "feature" of HDMI. I wanted to do the same thing you described but gave up. I send the optical signal from PS3 to reciever.
post #194 of 640 Old 07-24-2010, 06:14 PM

I exchanged my set for a new one, set her up as per the instructions and immediately after turning it on, buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I feel like I'm being radiated by it. Does it quieten down as the screen breaks in? I think I'll let this one run a few weeks longer than I did the first one. But if she doesn't improve, Samsung will have 2 brand new sets to get rid of as "refurb." Very disappointed.
post #195 of 640 Old 07-24-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:

I exchanged my set for a new one, set her up as per the instructions and immediately after turning it on, buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Just curious, when was the build date for the two that you've had so far? (on back of the tv)

I've broken mine in for 100+ hours so far and the buzzing is just as strong as it was to begin with. I submitted a support ticket online and should have the local repair shop calling me on monday to set up a service call.
post #196 of 640 Old 07-25-2010, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhappy View Post

Just curious, when was the build date for the two that you've had so far? (on back of the tv).

Mine still does not have the dreaded Buzz (thank goodness)... I can't seem to find a build date on the back of mine.
My set was built for the AU market and has a MODEL CODE ; P50C6500TFXXY.
Do the affected sets have the TFXXY at the end of the model code ?
post #197 of 640 Old 07-25-2010, 05:18 AM

Both build dates were April 2010. I was hoping to get one from a later production run to see if it was a problem common to a particular production of them. This TV has 1/3 louder buzz than the last. It's like a nest of crickets lives behind it. I've been under high tension power wires that buzzed quieter than this.

This TV, also, has to go back, no question.
post #198 of 640 Old 07-25-2010, 06:21 AM

Mine is a TFXZC. I don't remember what the first one was but I'd assume it was the same as it came out of the same warehouse and had the same build date (Apr 2010). It was built in Tijuana Mexico.

How the heck did this POS even make its way out of their R&D department to production? I love this TV, but it needs an exterminator to remove the bees nest inside it.
post #199 of 640 Old 07-25-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:

Mine is a TFXZC. I don't remember what the first one was but I'd assume it was the same as it came out of the same warehouse and had the same build date (Apr 2010). It was built in Tijuana Mexico.

Thanks for the reply 144driver..

My set was manufactured in Malaysia...

Does anyone with the dreaded BUZZ have a set manufactured in Malaysia and/or has the TFXXY code.?
post #200 of 640 Old 07-25-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:

Both build dates were April 2010.

Ha, same here... April 2010 Tijuana
post #201 of 640 Old 07-26-2010, 12:38 PM

The tech just left... He said several times that he couldn't hear any noise at all (He's probably 60 years old). They are the only repair shop in the area, so it looks like I'm out of luck for getting a tech to recognize the problem and go to bat for me with Samsung.

I'll have to talk with Samsung over the phone to plead my case, and I just don't see them giving in to send me a replacement.
post #202 of 640 Old 07-29-2010, 11:47 PM

New firmware out!
Check US Samsung Support website(sorry, can't post links if below 3 post counts)

Quote:
1. Title
2010 PDP TV Firmware(Folder Name: T-VALAUSC, Version : 1026.0)
2. Applicable Model
PDP C6400, C6500, C7000, C8000
3. Carrier or Corporate Customer
All Customer
4. Description
. To prevent ''No Picture, Sound OK''
. ''Plug & Play'' Issue
* Problem : The TV will go to ''Plug & Play'' everytime you turns the TV on
. enable to enjoy ''Netflix'' and ''Blockbuster''
. enhanced 3D picture quality (3D TV only)
. intermittent problem some stream may have when playing ''Media play''

post #203 of 640 Old 07-30-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitte View Post

Thanks for the reply 144driver..

My set was manufactured in Malaysia...

Does anyone with the dreaded BUZZ have a set manufactured in Malaysia and/or has the TFXXY code.?

Wow, how is life, mate?
Mitte, we bought EXACTLY the same model, PS50C6500 from the GG in Capalaba.

No buzz here, no overheating and very nice PQ.

What is the advantage to change the C6500 to C7000 or C8000?
post #204 of 640 Old 07-30-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZPointblank View Post

Wow, how is life, mate?
Mitte, we bought EXACTLY the same model, PS50C6500 from the GG in Capalaba.

No buzz here, no overheating and very nice PQ.

What is the advantage to change the C6500 to C7000 or C8000?

Crikey !!!!
Pointblank..... fancy meeting you here !!!!

Yeh mate, I got absolutely no complaints with mine... Good as Gold !

I am pretty reluctant to change mine to the 7000/8000... " If it aint broke, Don't fix it "
post #205 of 640 Old 07-30-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitte View Post

I am pretty reluctant to change mine to the 7000/8000... " If it aint broke, Don't fix it "

That's pretty much my feeling on the whole service menu tweek as well. My set is just so beautiful, and having absolutely zero problems, I just don't see the value in changing the model over. Obviously, more power to those who wanted to gain the features of the 7000/8000 and thus changed over, but for me - I just don't need it.

The picture this set puts out, in SD, HD, and especially BD - I mean, it is simply amazing. Call me a simpleton, but sometimes ignorance is bliss.

I've got probably about 300 hours on the set at this point, and still cannot detect a buzz anywhere in the room, nor am I having any other problems. I'm thoroughly in love with this set, and I want to shout it from the rooftops!
post #206 of 640 Old 07-30-2010, 01:45 PM

My settings:

Break in 100 hours then calibrated. Settings work for me over a vast range of programs and DVDs. Hope they help.

MODE: STANDARD
CELL LIGHT: 10
CONTRAST: 65
BRIGHTNESS: 44
SHARPNESS: 10
COLOR: 47
TINT (G/R): G50/R50
ECHO SOLUTION: ALL OFF
BLACK TONE: DARKEST
DYNAMIC CONTRAST: MEDIUM
GAMMA: 0
COLOR SPACE: NATIVE
FLESH TONE: 0
EDGE ENHANCEMENT: ON
COLOR TONE: NORMAL
SIZE: SCREEN FIT
DIGITAL NOISE FILTER: AUTO
FILM MODE: AUTO 2

I think they work for everyday viewing. Good luck.

post #207 of 640 Old 07-30-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:

Break in 100 hours then calibrated.

What did you calibrate it with?
post #208 of 640 Old 07-30-2010, 08:52 PM

Spears & Munsil bench mark blu-ray edition and my OPPO BDP-83 in a totally black room.

post #209 of 640 Old 07-31-2010, 12:44 AM

Quote:

My settings:

Break in 100 hours then calibrated. Settings work for me over a vast range of programs and DVDs. Hope they help.

MODE: STANDARD
CELL LIGHT: 10
CONTRAST: 65
BRIGHTNESS: 44
SHARPNESS: 10
COLOR: 47
TINT (G/R): G50/R50
ECHO SOLUTION: ALL OFF
BLACK TONE: DARKEST
DYNAMIC CONTRAST: MEDIUM
GAMMA: 0
COLOR SPACE: NATIVE
FLESH TONE: 0
EDGE ENHANCEMENT: ON
COLOR TONE: NORMAL
SIZE: SCREEN FIT
DIGITAL NOISE FILTER: AUTO
FILM MODE: AUTO 2

I think they work for everyday viewing. Good luck.

I thought dynamic contrast was a "bad" thing
post #210 of 640 Old 07-31-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demorion View Post

I thought dynamic contrast was a "bad" thing

When you bring down the contrast to the point where the whites aren't glowing like they were in a nuclear blast, you need that dynamic contrast to punch it up a notch. It took a while to discover how to integrate it, but when I did it made the picture pop. It will degrade fast on high, though.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn50c6500 50 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page