The Official Samsung PNXXC7000 Owners Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 40 Old 05-20-2010, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just thought I would start a specific model thread. I thought the other one is getting too cluttered with different models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 05-20-2010, 01:44 PM

I've asked in the other thread but havent gotten much response maybe due to all the clutter.

But has ANYONE else have this issue when using 2d to 3d conversion, when a scene changes quick from light to dark and back (I think this is when it happens) that the glasses "flicker", for lack of a better word.

One example is on the Prince of persia trailer, if played in 2d > 3d conversion.

I had my PN58C7000 replaced already from Amazon due to faulty HDMI ports, and I don't remember that one doing this. That was an older firmware and the replacement is on 1019. So I'm not sure if it's the firmware or my TV or if it's just normal for everyone.

:)
post #3 of 40 Old 05-20-2010, 07:06 PM

I've been testing this with different content. It did happen with MvA when they are about to go to the church and a black car pulls up. Most of the picture is darker, then when it moves to the brighter part it seems to momentarily lose sync. I recreated it twice, then I couldn't get it to do it again.

Can ANYONE please test this out? Either with that or with the prince of persia trailer (it's on the xbox and ps3). It mainly happens when the screen goes black and then back..

I'm going to have to determine if I should exchange this one too so I appreciate if anyone else can help me out.

post #4 of 40 Old 05-21-2010, 06:00 PM

Just got mine replaced today..........it had a stuck pixel.............glad my replacement doesn't have one.......and both sets I had did not have a buzzing problem.
post #5 of 40 Old 05-21-2010, 08:54 PM

Ok - I tried Avatar in 2d to 3d conversion. The scene where he goes to sleep in the trees and the screen goes to white just before Ripley (oop - sigourney weaver) wakes him with her flashlight.. the glasses flicker. It did it 2 out of 3 times.

Can someone *please* test this on yours and let me know if it happens to you or not?

post #6 of 40 Old 05-22-2010, 07:06 AM

Great..............now my replacement tv has a line running horizontal across the screen.......on all inputs and even on the internet@tv screen.
post #7 of 40 Old 05-22-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChris View Post

I've asked in the other thread but havent gotten much response maybe due to all the clutter.

But has ANYONE else have this issue when using 2d to 3d conversion, when a scene changes quick from light to dark and back (I think this is when it happens) that the glasses "flicker", for lack of a better word.

One example is on the Prince of persia trailer, if played in 2d > 3d conversion.

I had my PN58C7000 replaced already from Amazon due to faulty HDMI ports, and I don't remember that one doing this. That was an older firmware and the replacement is on 1019. So I'm not sure if it's the firmware or my TV or if it's just normal for everyone.

I have got this issue and many other people too, don't know how to fix it
post #8 of 40 Old 05-22-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebboots View Post

I have got this issue and many other people too, don't know how to fix it

Well where are they talking about it? I have asked here and you are the only response about it.

post #9 of 40 Old 05-22-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:

Well where are they talking about it? I have asked here and you are the only response about it.

It's being discussed at AVFORUMS. Some people are reporting the same issue on the PSxxc7000 (equivalent of the US PNxxC8000).

http://www.avforums.com/forums/3d-pl...rs-thread.html
post #10 of 40 Old 05-22-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk23 View Post

It's being discussed at AVFORUMS. Some people are reporting the same issue on the PSxxc7000 (equivalent of the US PNxxC8000).

http://www.avforums.com/forums/3d-pl...rs-thread.html

That's not U.S. people, so I don't know if there's a difference since nobody here is saying they have this issue.

I do wish someone here would test what I've done and see if it happens. All these posts of people with the tv, you'd think someone would have seen this or test what I have done.

I'm going to exchange it and see what happens.

post #11 of 40 Old 05-23-2010, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry, at the time i am not running anything in 3D-dont have the glasses or the 3D blu ray player yet so i cannot see if my set has the same issue or not
post #12 of 40 Old 05-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefum View Post

Great..............now my replacement tv has a line running horizontal across the screen.......on all inputs and even on the internet@tv screen.

Is the "line", on the top? Try turning "pixel shift" off. When pixel shift is on, depending on the setting. Rows of pixels on the top, and side will "shift" on and off, to allow room for the pixels to "shift" across the screen.
post #13 of 40 Old 05-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Hi,

Because the other thread is 3000 pages long, lol, I am wondering how the hell do I turn off the motion judder on the C7000 63 inch plasma?? Everything looks like a bad soap opera out of the box!!! *HELP*

Play nice. It's just an online forum :)
post #14 of 40 Old 05-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post

Hi,

Because the other thread is 3000 pages long, lol, I am wondering how the hell do I turn off the motion judder on the C7000 63 inch plasma?? Everything looks like a bad soap opera out of the box!!! *HELP*

Option 1) Toggle the game mode setting on/off.

Option 2) Enter the service menu and change the model # to c8000. You will then have the option to disable MJC. See this thread for instructions... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1242723
post #15 of 40 Old 05-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks! Did the service menu "upgrade". Worked like a charm!

Man, I love this TV. I have the B550 from last year, whose picture I quite enjoyed, and this TV has (completely subjective statement ahead! LOL!) 3 times the PQ. Just an awesome set!

Thanks again!

post #16 of 40 Old 05-24-2010, 04:40 AM

Are you sure its not just image retention ?

Quote:

post #17 of 40 Old 05-25-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTonic View Post

Is the "line", on the top? Try turning "pixel shift" off. When pixel shift is on, depending on the setting. Rows of pixels on the top, and side will "shift" on and off, to allow room for the pixels to "shift" across the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilkevinli View Post

Are you sure its not just image retention ?

Nope............it's a defect......tech just left.......now I have a 5 day exchange. My first one had a stuck pixel......my second had a horizontal line running across the entire screen............and now I don't know if I want to try for a third time.....or pick out a different set.
post #18 of 40 Old 05-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Nope............it's a defect......tech just left.......now I have a 5 day exchange. My first one had a stuck pixel......my second had a horizontal line running across the entire screen............and now I don't know if I want to try for a third time.....or pick out a different set.

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Based on other 2010 Samsung plasma threads, the biggest issues have been buzzing or cracked screens. Third time's a charm, right?
post #19 of 40 Old 05-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member

My TV buzzes like a bee, but once I start watching anything it is not noticeable. Same can be said for my 550. Is it acceptable? Probably shouldn't be but I (and those who watch with me) barely notice it, if at all.

Still, I have heard stories of sets that damn near hum!

post #20 of 40 Old 05-25-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koffas View Post

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Based on other 2010 Samsung plasma threads, the biggest issues have been buzzing or cracked screens. Third time's a charm, right?

LoL............it's just my luck..........still deciding if I want to try a third time.....however neither of my sets had the buzzing problem......if I try a third time.....that's probably what I'll get.....
post #21 of 40 Old 06-05-2010, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I was on the fence about getting a 58c7000 or a 58v10. My fear was the buzzing or rising blacks. I've heard the v10 has a great picture but I felt that I would have to wait a long time to find out if the pq would degrade. With the samsung, if I get a buzzer I'll just return it.
Can u turn off the judder on the c7000? Is changing the model # inside the service menu the only way?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #22 of 40 Old 06-06-2010, 03:33 PM

for the people who have buzzing, is it really *that* loud?

I have some buzzing on my pn58c7K, but it's not noticeable when I watch TV because the sound of the TV washes it out. Either I'm deaf or mine isn't as bad as you guys. I only hear it when I change channels (mainly)
post #23 of 40 Old 06-06-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:

Ok - I tried Avatar in 2d to 3d conversion. The scene where he goes to sleep in the trees and the screen goes to white just before Ripley (oop - sigourney weaver) wakes him with her flashlight.. the glasses flicker. It did it 2 out of 3 times.

Can someone *please* test this on yours and let me know if it happens to you or not?

This hasn't happened to me, but I don't have Avatar. I will say I watch a lot of 2D->3D converted, and haven't seen this behavior. I have seen my glasses flicker once or twice (total), but it hasn't happened regularly enough for me to investigate further.
post #24 of 40 Old 06-06-2010, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I am considering the 50" but would like to be able to turn off the motion judder as I can't stand that soap opera effect. I read about going into the service menu but I also ready about some issues with that too. Any chance future fw upgrades will enable this?
post #25 of 40 Old 06-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishd View Post

I am considering the 50" but would like to be able to turn off the motion judder as I can't stand that soap opera effect. I read about going into the service menu but I also ready about some issues with that too. Any chance future fw upgrades will enable this?

Samsung needs to release a firmware upgrade that permanently toggles off MJC on the 7000 series. Until then, if you do not want to enter the service menu, just read the post 14 in this thread!
post #26 of 40 Old 06-07-2010, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

I changed the model number in the service menu and now i have the option to toggle mjc on or off, I find that much more convenient.
post #27 of 40 Old 06-07-2010, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I read in the other thread "I turned my c7000 into a c8000" that a couple of people turned their sets to say c8000 and were getting intermitant blackouts every couple hours. Anyone else experience this?
post #28 of 40 Old 06-08-2010, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrash66 View Post

I read in the other thread "I turned my c7000 into a c8000" that a couple of people turned their sets to say c8000 and were getting intermitant blackouts every couple hours. Anyone else experience this?

Anyone?
post #29 of 40 Old 06-08-2010, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishd View Post

Anyone?

Give 'em some time to answer. Their sets were probably blacked out from changing the model number
post #30 of 40 Old 06-28-2010, 10:50 PM

Anyone else have marks on the top portion of there bezels? I can see these on an angle in the light.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page