*The Official Samsung PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread!! - Page 178 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5311 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickster357 View Post

I also forgot to mention I was using BD's picture settings. Those settings are awesome.

Where can these settings be found? I currently use Cnets or H.T.digest I like both depending on the source material CNETs does seem to be universally better, but I'm always willing to try new calab settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5312 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 09:05 AM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrawlerJoe View Post

I don't use ARC either, for the same reason. However, I'm still using the ARC HDMI input.

I made some changes a while back: Added a new Onkyo receiver, new HDMI cables from Monoprice, ran all my HDMI connections through the new receiver, and started using HDMI 2 (the ARC input) exclusively. I don't know if any of that is responsible, but I haven't seen a blink in months, netflix, dvr, blu-ray -- none have blinked lately. Or, if they blink, they only do it when I'm not in the room.

My receiver does get the dreaded DirecTV audio dropouts though.

I bought a new Denon receiver a month ago, ran everything through it and ito the arc input on the tv. I have not had the blink issue since then! Before that, i was seeing it a few times a day. It seemed to be occurrying less and less before i transitioned to the Denon. Now I have beenblink free for about a month!
post #5313 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walke108 View Post

I bought a new Denon receiver a month ago, ran everything through it and ito the arc input on the tv. I have not had the blink issue since then! Before that, i was seeing it a few times a day. It seemed to be occurrying less and less before i transitioned to the Denon. Now I have beenblink free for about a month!

It sounds like you guys are blaming the AVR and not the TV. However, I experienced the blink with both a Pioneer and a Yamaha AVR. Also, Samsung has recognized the problem as being theirs, and replaced my 2010 C8000 with a 2011 D8000. I don't have it yet, but I truly hope it doesn't blink.
post #5314 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erickson00 View Post

It sounds like you guys are blaming the AVR and not the TV. However, I experienced the blink with both a Pioneer and a Yamaha AVR. Also, Samsung has recognized the problem as being theirs, and replaced my 2010 C8000 with a 2011 D8000. I don't have it yet, but I truly hope it doesn't blink.

I'm not blaming the AVR. Quite opposite -- when I added the AVR to the mix, my blink problem went away.

I more suspected something like the HDMI inputs being overly sensitive to cables that were not seated securely or properly. But that's nothing more than a guess.
post #5315 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:

I'm not blaming the AVR. Quite opposite -- when I added the AVR to the mix, my blink problem went away.

I more suspected something like the HDMI inputs being overly sensitive to cables that were not seated securely or properly. But that's nothing more than a guess.

Same here not blaming the AVR...the issues went away when I connected everything through the Arc input.
post #5316 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walke108 View Post

Well good for you. Unfortunately, your comment is not especially helpful since you failed to advise of your pre-Denon set up.
post #5317 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Johnson View Post

Well good for you. Unfortunately, your comment is not especially helpful since you failed to advise of your pre-Denon set up.

Hey Peter-man, why don't you try contributing something for a change, instead of just complaining?
post #5318 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:

What kind of update are you looking for? Samsung decided mine could not be repaired and they are exchanging it for a 2011 set.

Erickson00, just wanted to let you know how much your posts on this topic are appreciated. I have a tech coming out today (assuming he's not washed away in the rain) for the first attempt to fix both buzzing and blinking on my PN63C8000.

Failing that, would love to know who to reach out to to talk about getting a replacement unit (2010 or 2011, doesn't matter to me so long as it neither buzzes from 12 feet away or blinks intermittently).

Thx again!
post #5319 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaguedbysamsung View Post

Erickson00, just wanted to let you know how much your posts on this topic are appreciated. I have a tech coming out today (assuming he's not washed away in the rain) for the first attempt to fix both buzzing and blinking on my PN63C8000.

Failing that, would love to know who to reach out to to talk about getting a replacement unit (2010 or 2011, doesn't matter to me so long as it neither buzzes from 12 feet away or blinks intermittently).

Thx again!

No problem - glad I could help.

I never talked directly with the tech when he wasn't here...I called the repair center that the tech was employed with. I told them after his first visit here that I still had the problem. They sent him again, and he replaced another board. I asked them if that wouldn't fix the problem, what else could be replaced? He said a ribbon here or there, or just the whole display. Well, one day after he left, I noticed the blink, so I called the repair center again and said the problem was still there. They gave me an ounce of grief about it, but were polite. They said they'd schedule him for a third visit to replace the display. A week went by and they called me to say they had not forgotten about me. They explained that the displays were taking a long time to get in, but that I should expect it to be here in almost two weeks. A couple days later I got an email saying my exchange request was approved. I assumed it meant an exchange of a part (display), not the entire TV, so i didn't do anything. The next day I got a call from Samsung. They left a VM saying my exchange request for a TV was approved, and I should call back to confirm or ask any questions I might have. I guess the repair center had put in the request for a new TV, because I never did. When I called back, he let me know the displays were on backorder so I could either wait for that or just accept a new TV. No brainer! I asked for the new TV and it was shipped from Chicago yesterday, so it is supposed to be here by Monday.
post #5320 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:

Mine seems to blink only when an AVR is connected. I thought it was to blame at first, but after I exchanged the first one (on which the problem could not be reproduced by Abt when I sent it in for repair, before deciding to ask for an exchange), I got a nice Yamaha and the problem was still there. Anyway, I hope the new TV doesn't blink.
post #5321 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:

No problem - glad I could help.

I never talked directly with the tech when he wasn't here...I called the repair center that the tech was employed with. I told them after his first visit here that I still had the problem. They sent him again, and he replaced another board. I asked them if that wouldn't fix the problem, what else could be replaced? He said a ribbon here or there, or just the whole display. Well, one day after he left, I noticed the blink, so I called the repair center again and said the problem was still there. They gave me an ounce of grief about it, but were polite. They said they'd schedule him for a third visit to replace the display. A week went by and they called me to say they had not forgotten about me. They explained that the displays were taking a long time to get in, but that I should expect it to be here in almost two weeks. A couple days later I got an email saying my exchange request was approved. I assumed it meant an exchange of a part (display), not the entire TV, so i didn't do anything. The next day I got a call from Samsung. They left a VM saying my exchange request for a TV was approved, and I should call back to confirm or ask any questions I might have. I guess the repair center had put in the request for a new TV, because I never did. When I called back, he let me know the displays were on backorder so I could either wait for that or just accept a new TV. No brainer! I asked for the new TV and it was shipped from Chicago yesterday, so it is supposed to be here by Monday.

Ah, gotcha. Very helpful, again; thank you.

The tech from the repair center just left. Thankfully, he too heard the buzzing and said that it was abnormal (even vs. buzzing he'd heard from other units). After a bunch of back and forth with his senior rep back at his office, they will be ordering a new display. He said he expected it would be in mid next week (it'll be interesting to learn if they are still back ordered), so, more news to follow.

On the blink issue, he asked if I had tried directly connecting my different sources (Comcast box, AppleTV, PS3) vs. running them through my AVR (Pioneer 1120-K), which I had. Despite that, he (politely) requested that I try connecting a few of the devices directly for a few days this weekend to see if the problem continues, as per the tech, Samsung gets touchy if having to replace more than one component per trip (i.e., just requires more documentation/justification to get them to approve it).

End of the day, I still have a buzzing and blinking TV (with a gorgeous picture), but felt that I was treated reasonably. Hopefully the rest of the process goes smoothly.
post #5322 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Anyway, I hope the new TV doesn't blink.
I think a lot of us will be waiting to hear your report on this! Please let us know.
post #5323 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 07:24 PM

As of right now i have a pn58c8000yf I would like to shove up Samsungs A-- ... I stumbled across this sight looking for settings to make it better ... bought it back in late Jan. just got the addition finished and installed the t.v. on Sun. ... I started out running the HDMI through the receiver (Yamaha rx-v667 ) and had a lot of graininess and digitizing around fast moving objects. then I ran the cables directly to tv from the source did not make any difference ..how do I fix this or can't I ... I have a 3 year old Pioneer pdp-5080hd 720p that makes and A-- out of the Samsung at this point ... please help
TIA
post #5324 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemoejoe View Post

As of right now i have a pn58c8000yf I would like to shove up Samsungs A-- ... I stumbled across this sight looking for settings to make it better ... bought it back in late Jan. just got the addition finished and installed the t.v. on Sun. ... I started out running the HDMI through the receiver (Yamaha rx-v667 ) and had a lot of graininess and digitizing around fast moving objects. then I ran the cables directly to tv from the source did not make any difference ..how do I fix this or can't I ... I have a 3 year old Pioneer pdp-5080hd 720p that makes and A-- out of the Samsung at this point ... please help
TIA

Do you also have an antenna? How does OTA look? If a 720P display looks better than the c8000 you obviously have a bad set and need to get it replaced with another. You might try going to the menu for movie mode and choose the option to reset to the factory default. Then set the motion judder to off.

post #5325 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post

Anyone having issues with the iPhone Samsung remote app?? Mine was working fine for a few weeks but now suddenly won't connect. It sees the TV but then disconnects due to "network connection failure" but all looks good with my home network and the TV connects to the Internet just fine...

Samsung as an update out now that corrects the problem with iOS 4.3

post #5326 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferl View Post

Samsung as an update out now that corrects the problem with iOS 4.3

Yep, that fixed it!
post #5327 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 08:01 PM

OTA ??? new to some of these terms
post #5328 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:

Do you also have an antenna? How does OTA look? If a 720P display looks better than the c8000 you obviously have a bad set and need to get it replaced with another. You might try going to the menu for movie mode and choose the option to reset to the factory default. Then set the motion judder to off.

no antenna ... what is OTA ??? motion judder is off
post #5329 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

OTA ??? new to some of these terms

"Over The Air" local TV stations.

It would be one way to determine if the source or cables your using could be causing a problem. Which input are you connecting your cable to on the TV?

post #5330 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:

"Over The Air" local TV stations.

It would be one way to determine if the source or cables your using could be causing a problem. Which input are you connecting your cable to on the TV?

I have a Directv receiver hooked up to tv via hdmi this is what I use for local also ... I have a samsung 6900 3d blu-ray hooked up via hdmi ... using 1.4 13.8gbps hdmi cables
post #5331 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have a Directv receiver hooked up to tv via hdmi this is what I use for local also ... I have a samsung 6900 3d blu-ray hooked up via hdmi ... using 1.4 13.8gbps hdmi cables

Are you connecting your hdmi cable to input 2, 3 or 4 on the TV?

post #5332 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:

TIA

Is your sharpness in the picture settings menu turned up to 100? If so, turn it all the way down to 0. Standard definition looks good on my 63".
post #5333 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DViper2399 View Post

Where can these settings be found? I currently use Cnets or H.T.digest I like both depending on the source material CNETs does seem to be universally better, but I'm always willing to try new calab settings.

The settings forum member bd2003 personally came up with can be found here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=4783
post #5334 of 5878 Old 03-24-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:

Are you connecting your hdmi cable to input 2, 3 or 4 on the TV?

blu-ray on 1 ... directv on 2
post #5335 of 5878 Old 03-25-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:

Hey Peter-man, why don't you try contributing something for a change, instead of just complaining?

Pointing out the fallacy and folly of the comments of others is contributing. Guess you didn't read my Pixelprotector solution, to name one.
post #5336 of 5878 Old 03-25-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:

TIA

Weird. I have a 63C connected through the same receiver and have no PQ issues whatsoever running blu-ray, HD DVD and DIRECTV. The only issue I have noticed is the BD6900 does occasionally lose its 24fps setting and revert back to 60.
post #5337 of 5878 Old 03-25-2011, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

How often were you seeing blinks before, and do you think enough time has passed where you would have seen blinks by now if you were going to have them?

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to find out my AVR contributes to the issue - and that I could resolve it perhaps by changing.

What AVR were you using before, and what Onkyo model did you switch to?

I was using the ARC input on the TV. I tried switching it last night to HDMI 3 input instead. Hopefully this solves the blinking issue but definitely seems like a long shot. I guess I could try changing the HDMI cable too (should this experiment not fix it) since that's easy enough to do.
post #5338 of 5878 Old 03-25-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

How often were you seeing blinks before, and do you think enough time has passed where you would have seen blinks by now if you were going to have them?

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to find out my AVR contributes to the issue - and that I could resolve it perhaps by changing.

What AVR were you using before, and what Onkyo model did you switch to?

I was using the ARC input on the TV. I tried switching it last night to HDMI 3 input instead. Hopefully this solves the blinking issue but definitely seems like a long shot. I guess I could try changing the HDMI cable too (should this experiment not fix it) since that's easy enough to do.

I was not seeing them very often; days would go by without a blink, and I never saw a blink from blu-ray or DVD. I only got them with satellite and Netflix. I was not using an AVR at all at that time. My sat, blu-ray, and dvd player were hooked up directly to the TV.

Unfortunately, I made many changes at once, so I can't really say what, if anything, made a difference. I added the AVR (an Onkyo tx-nr708), new HDMI cables all routed through the AVR, turned off Anynet+, increased my DSL speed to 7mbps, and now I've also updated firmware.

Enough time has passed now that I would be surprised if I see a blink. If I do, I'll certainly post back here.
post #5339 of 5878 Old 03-25-2011, 07:01 PM

Ok, it comes down to a blink a week. (that I catch). About 4 hours a day of watch time. Again, I get no sound either. It lasts 2-3 seconds max. Other members of family have yet to see one in quite some time. After the blink I went straight to the back of my Cable box and checked the HDMI. It was slightly skewed downwards and pulled out about 1/8 inch from full insertion. This is the way I found it on the last blink. I go straight from cable box to tv the via hdmi 4.
I bought the tv in November and I have had a total of about 10-15 blinks out of about 600 hours of viewing time.
post #5340 of 5878 Old 03-26-2011, 12:32 AM

Hi,

I have PN58C8000(US Model-60Hz)
Can i change this plasma with the technician mode that the PN58C8000
will support 50Hz&60Hz Signals
-------------------------------------

URI
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn50c8000 50 In 3d Hdtv Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn50c8000 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn63c8000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 3d Plasma Tv 16 9 Hdtv 1080p 58in Ws Plasma 1080p 3d Ready 600hz 4 Hdmi Ultra S
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page