*The Official Samsung PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread!! - Page 182 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5431 of 5882 Old 04-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Erickson00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post

I haven't seen any posts from folks about the blinking problem in a while, did the latest software update fix it?

I had my set exchanged for a 2011 model and it still blinks, though far less often. Perhaps that will increase over time, like my C8000. It happens not just when watching Netflix, but also when watching cable TV, and even twice while playing my Wii the other day, which rules out the cable box as the source of the problem. My HDMI cables are all new, so the problem is in the TV.
Erickson00 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5432 of 5882 Old 04-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Newbie
 
zombiej79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
mine does it too from time to time i think its the new firmware never had the issue before the last one. i wish they could tighten the 3d up a bit in a firmware too or add more adjustment options my ps3 i have to have it at -5 and the 3d stregnth in the games pretty low. killzone 3 is the worst ive found have to have it at -5 and 3d effect at like 30% the game is fine but then the hud has crosstalk most games are like that i have the ssg2100 glasses which keep going out of sync so i have to send them back to samsung. but im just wondering if its my tv itself bluray movies seem fine just games i have the most trouble with. once i get my new glasses if im still having issues i may just get a tech to come look at it
zombiej79 is offline  
post #5433 of 5882 Old 04-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Member
 
Johntomk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johntomk View Post

I noticed when I have cinema smooth on the picture becomes much more grainy. It seems as though it has more noise or maybe just grain. More dancing pixels. Is this normal? Is this just showing more of the natural grain of the film or is it a problem with cinema smooth? Is cinema smooth causing a lot of dithering?

Anyone else notice this?
Johntomk is offline  
post #5434 of 5882 Old 04-19-2011, 06:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Erickson00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johntomk View Post

Anyone else notice this?

I don't know if it's an unrelated issue or not, but the other day when i was watching Netflix through my Samsung Blu-ray player, I left to do something else but kept everything on pause. The screen saver activated and I was gone maybe 20 minutes. When I came back, the screen was snowy with sound still coming through, and everything was still powered on. I turned everything off and back on, and noticed a lot of red pixels in the black areas of the display, perhaps what could be considered a grainy display, with a lot of red pixels and lines dancing all over the place. I unplugged the HDMI cable that goes into the wall plate, plugged it b ack in, and the problem was gone. Then later in the day while I was listening to Pandora through the blu-ray player, it happened again. I did the same process with the same results. I was thinking it was an HDMI issue, but wondered how it happened twice in one day, and hadn't happened up until then. I sarted thinking about any settings I had messed with since the last time I used the player, to watch The Matrix on DVD a couple nights earlier. I didn't have any problems during that movie, but remembered after watching it that I had turned Deep Color OFF and turned on 24P mode. I turned Deep Color back on, and turned off 24P mode, and the problem has not come back. Like I said, I am no sure if these are related or not, but I plan to monitor and see if the problem comes back.
Erickson00 is offline  
post #5435 of 5882 Old 04-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Newbie
 
pi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Laguna Hills
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody know how to "disable" a source in the source list?
pi2000 is offline  
post #5436 of 5882 Old 04-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
Chere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 842
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Can anyone tell me if firm. ver. 1035 has somehow fixed the MLL level increase and motion blur issues that used to occur while toggling between game mode and different picture settings?

Thanks!
Chere is offline  
post #5437 of 5882 Old 04-21-2011, 05:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,513
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post

Can anyone tell me if firm. ver. 1035 has somehow fixed the MLL level increase and motion blur issues that used to occur while toggling between game mode and different picture settings?

Thanks!

It seems to have fixed it in some but not all cases. I still get it coming out of 3D mode. Toggling game mode on/off fixes it.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #5438 of 5882 Old 04-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Member
 
PlatinumSV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm sure this has been answered before but there is way to many pages to check. Does the pn63c8000 support 36bit deep color?

Thanks in advance
Joe
PlatinumSV is offline  
post #5439 of 5882 Old 04-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Member
 
kubakuba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 63" c8000 still blinks (more so now then ever) and it appears that the black level is rising.. I had it calibrated not to long ago so I don't know what the problem is..

Anyway, my question for those who have PS3's. I just bought the new Mortal Kombat and whenever I try to play in 3D the options menu has stereo 3D dimmed out. What gives? I tried switching the TV in 3D mode and same thing, tried restarting the game w/ 3d on the tv, and again, the option for stereo 3d is still dimmed out. I'm starting to get frustrated with this set, would going to Best Buy and complaining about the blinking, buzzing, and (seemingly) increasing MLL warrant them giving me a new 2011 model? My set can't be more than 6 months old..
kubakuba is offline  
post #5440 of 5882 Old 04-26-2011, 04:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
David_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: delete me
Posts: 984
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Do you have it connected with HDMI or Component?

I don't think component does 3D.

At least the C7000 didn't.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kubakuba View Post

My 63" c8000 still blinks (more so now then ever) and it appears that the black level is rising.. I had it calibrated not to long ago so I don't know what the problem is..

Anyway, my question for those who have PS3's. I just bought the new Mortal Kombat and whenever I try to play in 3D the options menu has stereo 3D dimmed out. What gives? I tried switching the TV in 3D mode and same thing, tried restarting the game w/ 3d on the tv, and again, the option for stereo 3d is still dimmed out. I'm starting to get frustrated with this set, would going to Best Buy and complaining about the blinking, buzzing, and (seemingly) increasing MLL warrant them giving me a new 2011 model? My set can't be more than 6 months old..


buytme
David_B is offline  
post #5441 of 5882 Old 04-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Senior Member
 
pm123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The android version of the remote control app was updated.

Big failure. They worked a lot on the interface, and added some controls for to play games ( i guess the app based games)

but the qwerty keyboard is gone. The manual claims it will come up when needed. But I was doing a YouTube search, and could not use the keyboard.

This was the only thing good thing in the phone app remote, and now its gone.

Not sure if the iPhone app is the same, but if you like the keyboard, don't update
pm123 is offline  
post #5442 of 5882 Old 04-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Member
 
PlatinumSV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I currently own the pn63c8000 and I was wondering if anyone has upgraded to the new D series (7000 or 8000). If so, how do they compare, are they any better or equal as far as picture quality goes.

thanks
joe
PlatinumSV is offline  
post #5443 of 5882 Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Member
 
Peter Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post

I haven't seen any posts from folks about the blinking problem in a while, did the latest software update fix it?

Thank God. Blinking, buzzing and burn in slides posts are about all one sees in this blog. Sucks.
Peter Johnson is offline  
post #5444 of 5882 Old 04-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Senior Member
 
jtara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Johnson View Post

Thank God. Blinking, buzzing and burn in slides posts are about all one sees in this blog. Sucks.

Well, at least it gets the "takes a licking and keeps on ticking" backhanded compliment award for the several cases of broken screens we've seen (mine included) where the set just soldiers on with no apparent ill effect after a crack mysteriously appearing near the bottom edge of the screen.
jtara is offline  
post #5445 of 5882 Old 04-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Newbie
 
rodolfocm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking for calibrations to use playing PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 but I didn't find any. Anyone got some? Thanks!
rodolfocm is offline  
post #5446 of 5882 Old 05-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Newbie
 
gr1mjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hope:
I’ve read through the posts here and this TV sure does have its problems. However I am going to tell my story because a good experience seems to be rarely told.

I bought a PN58C8000 last August through my work and had it shipped to the warehouse I work at. I mounted it to my wall with a monoprice slim wall mount and connected my PS3 and my U-verse cable using HDMI. I have an older stereo so I used the optical audio return to get the sound to my stereo.
From what I have read I have been very fortunate. I do not have any buzzing and I have really tried to hear it after reading some of the posts. The Picture quality is great. The only complaint I would have is some reflection from the windows in the room it is in (made playing Black Ops very difficult in the day).
Recently I went to a HTPC setup with a tuner card in a computer. Ditched the U-Verse and am recording OTA HD on the computer. Still the picture is great! The PS3 Netflix interface delives nicely (when it is working PSN is currently down) and I have even streamed some Movies from VUDU and over all I am very pleased.
However not all has been roses. 2 weeks ago I had a big scare. I woke up Saturday morning and the TV would not bring up a picture. Finally I switched it to its internet@TV and that was displaying a picture. I called Samsung’s support line and they had me Turn everything off, unplug my HDMI cables, wait 30 sec, plug everything in and turn everything on. Thankfully that fixed the issue.
So even though I can see this TV has some issues I have been very pleased with it so there is hope
gr1mjack is offline  
post #5447 of 5882 Old 05-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
audionewer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i am wondering is there a lot of crosstalk or ghosting on 58c8000 plasma?
audionewer is offline  
post #5448 of 5882 Old 05-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Newbie
 
Maxwell Edison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I too can report a happy experience with the 63C8000! I bought it from Magnolia in February for (what I thought was a good deal) $2300. It was a return (supposedly the buyer thought it was too big for the room) with 400 hours on it.

I didn't really know much about the TV - other than the fact I thought it looked sweet in the showroom.

Then I started reading this forum and got all ascared! Happily I have had no problems at all so far.

There is a slight buzz, which I can't hear once I turn the sound on and it's actually quieter than my Xbox 360. The TV does get pretty warm but it has plenty of space to vent.
I've used various settings that I found here (thanks to the users who posted them!) and the picture is insanely good to my non-videophile eyes.

The few odd things I have noticed are:
When viewing sd TV there is a bit of flashing white at the top middle of the picture. Not a big deal since I don't watch much sd TV.
When playing Xbox - only on the startup screens of a few games there is a quick flash of white at the lower right corner of the screen. It never happens during gameplay so no idea what's going on there.

Other than those two little quircks the 8000 is awesome.

I haven't even tried 3D yet - not sure if I can picture myself sitting in the living room with glasses on watching TV. Maybe later!

My kinda low-end system (in case anyone cares):

63C8000
Marantz SR 6004 Receiver
Marantz BD 7004 Blu-ray
Xbox 360
DirecTV HD Reciever
(All the HDMI cables are Audioquest Cinnamon - which according to most people was a huge waste of money on my part - but they look nice!)
Monster Power HDP 1800
Klipsch SF - 3 Mains
Klipsch KSC - C1 Center
Klipsch SS1 - Surrounds
Klipsch SW - 450 Subwoofer

Again - thanks to the helpful posters on the forum!
Maxwell Edison is offline  
post #5449 of 5882 Old 05-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Senior Member
 
walke108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison View Post

I too can report a happy experience with the 63C8000! I bought it from Magnolia in February for (what I thought was a good deal) $2300. It was a return (supposedly the buyer thought it was too big for the room) with 400 hours on it.

I didn't really know much about the TV - other than the fact I thought it looked sweet in the showroom.

Then I started reading this forum and got all ascared! Happily I have had no problems at all so far.

There is a slight buzz, which I can't hear once I turn the sound on and it's actually quieter than my Xbox 360. The TV does get pretty warm but it has plenty of space to vent.
I've used various settings that I found here (thanks to the users who posted them!) and the picture is insanely good to my non-videophile eyes.

The few odd things I have noticed are:
When viewing sd TV there is a bit of flashing white at the top middle of the picture. Not a big deal since I don't watch much sd TV.
When playing Xbox - only on the startup screens of a few games there is a quick flash of white at the lower right corner of the screen. It never happens during gameplay so no idea what's going on there.

Other than those two little quircks the 8000 is awesome.

I haven't even tried 3D yet - not sure if I can picture myself sitting in the living room with glasses on watching TV. Maybe later!

My kinda low-end system (in case anyone cares):

63C8000
Marantz SR 6004 Receiver
Marantz BD 7004 Blu-ray
Xbox 360
DirecTV HD Reciever
(All the HDMI cables are Audioquest Cinnamon - which according to most people was a huge waste of money on my part - but they look nice!)
Monster Power HDP 1800
Klipsch SF - 3 Mains
Klipsch KSC - C1 Center
Klipsch SS1 - Surrounds
Klipsch SW - 450 Subwoofer

Again - thanks to the helpful posters on the forum!

Maxwell, I changed my default picture to 16X9 and it got rid of the flashing white at e top of the screen. I have to watch standard definition with the kids cartoons and this gets rid of that flashing white. I know some prefer to do the auto adjust setting but I have never noticed a difference in picture quality and again it gets rid of the annoying white flashing at the top of the screen.
walke108 is offline  
post #5450 of 5882 Old 05-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Senior Member
 
jrobitaille23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I recently got the 50c8000 for an absurdly low price (open box with 180 hours on it) and I find that the blacks are very disappointing. I have the latest firmware update and no matter what settings I use the black bars glow in my all dark basement. How can this tv be considered one of the top of 2010 if the blacks are so poor? Seems like the PQ besides that is pretty stellar. Am I expecting too much for a dark basement?
jrobitaille23 is offline  
post #5451 of 5882 Old 05-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Member
 
Timmatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobitaille23 View Post

So I recently got the 50c8000 for an absurdly low price (open box with 180 hours on it) and I find that the blacks are very disappointing. I have the latest firmware update and no matter what settings I use the black bars glow in my all dark basement. How can this tv be considered one of the top of 2010 if the blacks are so poor? Seems like the PQ besides that is pretty stellar. Am I expecting too much for a dark basement?

I feel for ya....I had the same model. The picture was beautiful but the black levels were a joke. I have since upgraded to a 51d7000 and the black levels are improved but still not great. For some reason the 50-51" Samsung plasmas of 2010-11 have worse black levels than the larger sizes.
Timmatron is offline  
post #5452 of 5882 Old 05-07-2011, 06:38 AM
Member
 
Timmatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you decide to keep the c8000 you might want to look into adding some bias lighting behind the tv to help with the perceived contrast & black level. I have seen some pictures, I believe from Koffas, who installed lighting from this company http://lightenhancingdesigns.com/index.html and it looks awesome. I ordered a kit in hopes that it would help but I have not received it yet.
Timmatron is offline  
post #5453 of 5882 Old 05-07-2011, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
GeorgeAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmatron View Post

If you decide to keep the c8000 you might want to look into adding some bias lighting behind the tv to help with the perceived contrast & black level. I have seen some pictures, I believe from Koffas, who installed lighting from this company http://lightenhancingdesigns.com/index.html and it looks awesome. I ordered a kit in hopes that it would help but I have not received it yet.

"Hope" has nothing to do with this issue. Improving perceived black level and contrast have been among the many thoroughly proven benefits of correctly implemented bias lighting for decades: 'D65 Video Bias Lighting- Fundamental Theory And Practice' . Viewing environment principles and human perceptual factors relative to electronic displays are nothing new. These imaging science fundamentals are just not taught much in consumer video land: 'The Importance Of Viewing Environment Conditions In A Reference Display System' .

Best regards and beautiful pictures,
G. Alan Brown, President
CinemaQuest, Inc.
A Lion AV Consultants Affiliate

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"
GeorgeAB is offline  
post #5454 of 5882 Old 05-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Senior Member
 
jrobitaille23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have biased lighting and have used it in the past to help with the perception of blacks. Thing is, even with that...the blacks are no better than any of the other plasmas I have owned. I recently took back the 51D550 for poor blacks and brightness pops and today when I returned the c8000 to BB I looked at one and man it looked good. I wonder if I just got a bad tv.
jrobitaille23 is offline  
post #5455 of 5882 Old 05-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Member
 
Timmatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobitaille23 View Post

I wonder if I just got a bad tv.

Bad, yes. Defective, no. Well the blacks are bad at least.
Timmatron is offline  
post #5456 of 5882 Old 05-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
ElectronicTonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 956
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmatron View Post

Bad, yes. Defective, no. Well the blacks are bad at least.

I disagree, I'm very happy with the black level my 58C8000 produces.
ElectronicTonic is online now  
post #5457 of 5882 Old 05-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Member
 
Timmatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTonic View Post

I disagree, I'm very happy with the black level my 58C8000 produces.

Thats because the 51" models have been confirmed to have much brighter blacks than the 58 and 63 sizes. The same thing is happening in the 2011 models as well so anyone who buys the 50-51" set does not get as nice of a tv of those who have larger living rooms and wallets.
Timmatron is offline  
post #5458 of 5882 Old 05-09-2011, 01:22 AM
Member
 
Lord Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased (24hrs ago) a Samsung PN50C8000 from BB (Open box floor model) at a pretty steller price. This is my very first flat panel plasma. I'm coming from a 50in Sony Wega RP LCD. The PQ on this set really took me by surprise! amazing....I'm a newbie here and any feedback from other owners on this particular model would be most appreciated

"Your either all in or Your all out...!"
Lord Android is offline  
post #5459 of 5882 Old 05-11-2011, 04:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
ferl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Android View Post

I just purchased (24hrs ago) a Samsung PN50C8000 from BB (Open box floor model) at a pretty steller price. This is my very first flat panel plasma. I'm coming from a 50in Sony Wega RP LCD. The PQ on this set really took me by surprise! amazing....I'm a newbie here and any feedback from other owners on this particular model would be most appreciated

You didn't get any takers on your post so I'll throw in my 2 cents. I also came from a kf50we610 and got a pn58c8000. First suggestion is to not let a static image set too long on the screen so you can avoid burn in/image retention.
Second, pick the factory display setting that looks the best to you and don't come back to this forum for a couple of months. Just enjoy your purchase. I am nothing but pleased with my display, but you will find that few people on Internet forums will say the same. Forums have a tendency to draw the folks with problems or the self perceived uber aficionados that won't be pleased no matter what they have. Many folks are on their 3rd & 4th replacement and have jumped ship and purchased a different brand, only to find dissatisfaction there. Just draw your own conclusions as to the quality of your display before spending a lot of time here. If you read these posts you will want to buy meters and jump up every 2 seconds and run over to the display to take a reading on black levels. Your time spent enjoying your purchase can become a perpetual obsession with finding fault.
If you have an iPad or an iPhone there is remote control app available that will give you a keyboard for use with the samsung tv applications. I just noticed your user name, I think there may be an android app that does the same thing.

ferl is offline  
post #5460 of 5882 Old 05-11-2011, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
GeorgeAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferl View Post

You didn't get any takers on your post so I'll throw in my 2 cents. I also came from a kf50we610 and got a pn58c8000. First suggestion is to not let a static image set too long on the screen so you can avoid burn in/image retention.
Second, pick the factory display setting that looks the best to you and don't come back to this forum for a couple of months. Just enjoy your purchase. I am nothing but pleased with my display, but you will find that few people on Internet forums will say the same. Forums have a tendency to draw the folks with problems or the self perceived uber aficionados that won't be pleased no matter what they have. Many folks are on their 3rd & 4th replacement and have jumped ship and purchased a different brand, only to find dissatisfaction there. Just draw your own conclusions as to the quality of your display before spending a lot of time here. If you read these posts you will want to buy meters and jump up every 2 seconds and run over to the display to take a reading on black levels. Your time spent enjoying your purchase can become a perpetual obsession with finding fault.
If you have an iPad or an iPhone there is remote control app available that will give you a keyboard for use with the samsung tv applications. I just noticed your user name, I think there may be an android app that does the same thing.

What if he likes something like a "Vivid" mode? He should at least use a calibration disc program to adjust the picture settings within reason. There are extremes in any community. A passion for excellence is a virtue.
GeorgeAB is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn50c8000 50 In 3d Hdtv Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn50c8000 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn63c8000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 3d Plasma Tv 16 9 Hdtv 1080p 58in Ws Plasma 1080p 3d Ready 600hz 4 Hdmi Ultra S
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off