*The Official Samsung PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread!! - Page 197 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #5881 of 5889 Old 08-11-2014, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep, I'm also having the problem with banding on a primarily white screen.

For me it's a thick band of flickering static that stretches all the way across the screen. The band is probably 8" high and it's maybe 12" from the top of the screen. I was actually giving Samsung the benefit of the doubt and assumed the flicker was being introduced by the Vizio Google TV box which I have between my receiver and the TV. If others are having the same problem then I guess it's not the GTV box but the TV itself. This is upsetting.

To be honest, it only seems to crop up during commercials where the screen is mostly white with a logo or a little bit of copy on the screen. During regular programming you hardly ever have a mostly-white screen like that. So it hasn't bothered me much yet, but now that I know that the problem is my very expensive TV it bothers me more. And now I'm worried it may get worse. Ugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5882 of 5889 Old 08-16-2014, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My PN58C8000 finally popped while watching a show and now I get no picture. I ordered a new power board for it. Hope thats all it needs. Anyone have this problem?
post #5883 of 5889 Old 10-14-2014, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have a PN64C8000 that has some noticeable lines that go across the entire screen. Also on a grey screen there is a pinkish tint. The lines are like some sort of ghosting. What parts would I need to repair this? Would replacing the Main PCBs correct this?
post #5884 of 5889 Old 10-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm impressed that it took this long before you got the pink banding. It happened to mine inside of a year (4 years ago?). At that time the Samsung tech looked at it and ordered me a new panel, but then Samsung told me they couldn't get one for me. Eventually they refunded me my purchase price and I bought a D8000.

You'll find similar stories in this thread, with different outcomes. Bottom line is that I'd guess you won't find anyone with a new panel, or other possible parts for a C series. sorry. Maybe others still follow this thread and have some better ideas for you.
post #5885 of 5889 Old 10-16-2014, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I did a search and couldn't find a mention of it:

I've had the PN63C8000 for 3+ years, and in the last few months I have been getting an intermittent problem where the screen just goes blank or black and looks like the tv is off, but it's not off because the tv speakers still work and there is no red light in the bottom left corner. The problem does not resolve itself. I have to turn the tv off and then turn it on again. It will start working again, sometimes for only two minutes, sometimes for a month before it happens again.

Anybody else have this problem? Or know of a solution?
Ryryguy likes this.
post #5886 of 5889 Old 10-16-2014, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
What page are calibration settings on for the 58"?
post #5887 of 5889 Old 10-16-2014, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I have had the TV for 5 years and have been a victim of the purple haze. I still use it bc it's not bad and my warranty cut me a check. I am trying to get the picture as good as it can be. I tried some picture settings on other sites but it just looks too dull. Any info on where to find the calibration setting would be great. Thanks
post #5888 of 5889 Old 11-11-2014, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the Samsung pn58c8000yfxza and black horizontal lines are appearing on the top panel of the TV and slowly gaining more lines going down the panel. What is the issue and is it worth fixing? I have read somewhere that it's the sustain board and some have said it's the panel and that it's not worth fixing. Any input greatly appreciated.
post #5889 of 5889 Unread 11-22-2014, 05:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscpsycho View Post
Yep, I'm also having the problem with banding on a primarily white screen.

For me it's a thick band of flickering static that stretches all the way across the screen. The band is probably 8" high and it's maybe 12" from the top of the screen. I was actually giving Samsung the benefit of the doubt and assumed the flicker was being introduced by the Vizio Google TV box which I have between my receiver and the TV. If others are having the same problem then I guess it's not the GTV box but the TV itself. This is upsetting.

To be honest, it only seems to crop up during commercials where the screen is mostly white with a logo or a little bit of copy on the screen. During regular programming you hardly ever have a mostly-white screen like that. So it hasn't bothered me much yet, but now that I know that the problem is my very expensive TV it bothers me more. And now I'm worried it may get worse. Ugh.
Sounds exactly like mine. Someone one told me that since it is happening when the screen is mostly white it is most likely a problem with power. Wondering if anyone that had this issue has a part that could be replaced to fix it. TV is not that old and looks great.

By the way. the problem seems to be getting a little worse.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn50c8000 50 In 3d Hdtv Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn50c8000 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn63c8000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 3d Plasma Tv 16 9 Hdtv 1080p 58in Ws Plasma 1080p 3d Ready 600hz 4 Hdmi Ultra S
Gear in this thread