*The Official Samsung PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread!! - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 5889 Old 07-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanthdnow View Post

anybody....I mean this forum is just buy buy buy, once you buy nobody answers anymore...

Maybe you are the only one who feels as you do.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 5889 Old 07-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTonic View Post

Are you using "Game Mode"?
It's good you waited, now you wont have to deal with the "red ring of death"....fingers crossed. I did a trade in program at Gamestop, still waiting for their next shipment.

Actually... No, I'm not using game mode.. I see no need for it.. But if I do.. I'll definanrly turn it on.
post #993 of 5889 Old 07-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I updated the new firmware via USB to 1022 since the network one was not available.

I find that I liked the 1021 better. How do I revert back.

I see more pixelation and artifacts. The smooth effect is not as nice as before, and the colors seem different too.

The update was also suppose to make 3D better but it is actually worst.

Do you experience the same?>

IMO.. I don't like to answer this type of question... Why?? Because every firmware has been an improvement to me.. You cannot go back to an older one and there is no need to.. I cannot agree that an older firmware was better.. And will not agree just to agree.. I see nothing wrong with the latest firmware.. All my blu rays look great, actually fantastic!! That is the definitive source.. Not someones cable or satellite box.. Those sources are prone to compression artifacts (cable tv cramming in new channels on their current bandwidth) and block noise from the satellite digital conversion process etc, etc.

IMO..... No, the latest firmware or past firmware is not causing issues.. Just enjoy the TV, and keep the firmware current.
post #994 of 5889 Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

I updated the new firmware via USB to 1022 since the network one was not available.

I see more pixelation and artifacts. The smooth effect is not as nice as before, and the colors seem different too.

Quote:

anybody....I mean this forum is just buy buy buy, once you buy nobody answers anymore...

It's hard to address an issue you can't see for yourself... especially since there so many factors to account for. PQ is in the eye of the beholder.

If you want to revert back, you'll need the old firmware on a USB stick and access to the service menu. Not worth the trouble, IMO.

You say the smooth effect is not good. You mean MJC? Firmware updates are known to reset the MJC and PQ settings...
So make sure MJC is turned OFF (or to smooth or standard, however you like it) on ALL your inputs. Check whether things like the color space values are the same.

I saw no change in 3D... that was the in the 1st firmware upgrade.
post #995 of 5889 Old 07-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmercer3 View Post

Ok, so I have had my 58c8000 for a few weeks now and have discovered a problem i think i might not be able to live with.

I can connect to pandora/netflix with the wireless dongle via the samsung tv/dongle, or I connect via the samsung blu ray player.

The problem is that the video registers at HD (fios internet connection).
The video will play in HD for 5-10 minutes and then just stop/reconnect in HD every 3-seconds. No explanation, fast internet and it connects fine, just shuts off after 5 minutes and restarts from same spot after reloading the material.

The same thing happens with pandora.

Can anyone help me??
Might have to return this set otherwise.

Thanks.

sounds like a flaky wireless connection. have you tried checking your internet speed with the utility in the Samsung Apps page? Can you move your router closer? A wired connection via powerline adapters is another possibility.
post #996 of 5889 Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound & Vision View Post

Actually... No, I'm not using game mode.. I see no need for it.. But if I do.. I'll definanrly turn it on.

I can't completely vouch for the data, but I posted a table of input lag times compiled by an Italian tech site a couple pages back. Input lag under GAME mode goes from 103 --> 13 ms. I know Samsung likes do a lot of processing on the video... but, if accurate, that's a nice improvement.
post #997 of 5889 Old 07-07-2010, 10:35 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDLICH View Post

http://www.ce-mag.com/archive/02/11/may.html

Hope I am not putting myself up for an argument with this, but I personally have never noticed any improvements or noticed any degredation from using or not using the ferrittes. By the way , the review you are pointing out is from the Vice President of a company that makes ferittes. I would not put much stock in a review from the ( high-r up the chain so to speak) persons involved with marketing, producing the product which is the suject of a review of its capabilities. They may provide some benefit, I just have not witnessed any in my several different applications where I have tried them. I have tried them on electronic equipment from audio to video and just see it as another gimmick for someones wallet. If they work for whomever, than by all means use them.
post #998 of 5889 Old 07-07-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javdog View Post

See this is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm torn, I'v seen the PNC8000 in store and it looked great, performed 3D flawlessly....but I don't want to gamble that I'll get a buzzer or worse. Is the moral of this story to buy from a retailer that has a 100% satisfaction guarantee? Anyone have any suggestions on a retailer (online ok too) that offers that without spending an extra Grand in mark-up like BB? Does Cleaveland Plasma? Any suggestions would be appreciated since my purchase is going to be a C8000 (either Plasma or LCD/LED).

Call ONECALL.COM and ask to speak to Lee. Anyone there will do really but he is who I dealt with. I have personally bought many highend gear from displays to audio and have loved there service. Also stay with you after the sale which is a rarety these days. You can get a great deal by calling versus just adding to your cart at list prices. They will nogotiate quite abit. You will not be dissapointed. They will ship the tv with a shock watch on it to so you will know if it was handled rough.

Jeff
post #999 of 5889 Old 07-07-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:

+1 I too would like to go back to 1020. Seems like every firmware update has been worse than its predesesor. Any that has the 1020 on usb or stored on their PC, I'd love for you to send me afile through email. All you need to do is compress it or if you hav acess to a server thats even bettter. Please someone!!

Jeff
post #1000 of 5889 Old 07-07-2010, 11:13 PM

[quote=Sound & Vision;18876322]IMO.. I don't like to answer this type of question... Why?? Because every firmware has been an improvement to me.. You cannot go back to an older one and there is no need to.. I cannot agree that an older firmware was better.. And will not agree just to agree.. I see nothing wrong with the latest firmware.. All my blu rays look great, actually fantastic!! That is the definitive source.. Not someones cable or satellite box.. Those sources are prone to compression artifacts (cable tv cramming in new channels on their current bandwidth) and block noise from the satellite digital conversion process etc, etc.

Rather you agree or not is beside the point. Everyone is different and we may see or percieve something that bugs us even if it isn't real, we believe them to be. He like I believe we see noticable differences in the firmwares before nad after. We see it as worse, you see it as bettter and I am glad for you. He never said what he used as source but I see this difference rather with PS3 Bluray or hdtv through HR-23 Directv Reciever. I will say it should certainly be an improvement and should'nt hurt the PQ. in theory. Afterall, improvement is the whole point of doing the upgrade.
post #1001 of 5889 Old 07-08-2010, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypeber View Post

I havent got the TV yet, It will be here tomorrow. I did get the glasses I bought from ebay.

I bought 2 for a 100 each. Let me know if u need the buyer id. They were shipped from Korea and it only took 4 days! Great Deal.

it comes in with a nice box, soft cloth, a soft bag and the usb wire.

http://stores.ebay.com/green-sum

here is the link to his store...he does have a lot of pkgs...like 2 adult glasses + 1 kid glasses stuff like that

Has anybody else ordered glasses from this site? are they originals? sounds to good.
post #1002 of 5889 Old 07-08-2010, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizazter68 View Post

Has anybody else ordered glasses from this site? are they originals? sounds to good.

I posted this elsewhere also but I can vouch for the Korean seller who has a US address. I got two pair of battery operated glasses plus extra batteries and have had no problem whatsoever and shipping was super fast. The glasses came in Samsung triangle boxes with everything that should be included.
post #1003 of 5889 Old 07-08-2010, 09:34 AM

Do you know if the rechargeable glasses produce less crosstalk?
post #1004 of 5889 Old 07-08-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsamdude View Post

+1 I too would like to go back to 1020. Seems like every firmware update has been worse than its predesesor. Any that has the 1020 on usb or stored on their PC, I'd love for you to send me afile through email. All you need to do is compress it or if you hav acess to a server thats even bettter. Please someone!!

Jeff

The source are: Direct TV HD DVR and the 3d Bluray.

I changed the Native option on the direct TV box to off, and the picture looks better.

Nevertheless when I get close to the TV in 3d you can see the pixels going all over the place. I understand that there are 2 images in 3d but it does not look normal. I had not seen that prior to the upgrade.

Also form the HD box, when you get close, I see a lot of flickering.

I tired to rearrange the cables around, and use the ferrite, but it made it worst. I changed the set up back and it is a little better, but sill you can see the flickering, and the image looks to be washed out.

Tomorrow is the last day I can return. I am considering that option.
post #1005 of 5889 Old 07-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The source are: Direct TV HD DVR and the 3d Bluray.

I changed the Native option on the direct TV box to off, and the picture looks better.

Nevertheless when I get close to the TV in 3d you can see the pixels going all over the place. I understand that there are 2 images in 3d but it does not look normal. I had not seen that prior to the upgrade.

Also form the HD box, when you get close, I see a lot of flickering.

I tired to rearrange the cables around, and use the ferrite, but it made it worst. I changed the set up back and it is a little better, but sill you can see the flickering, and the image looks to be washed out.

Tomorrow is the last day I can return. I am considering that option.

The pixel noise ("dithering") you see in 3D has always been there. It's a function of the boost in brightness needed for 3D. With the glasses on, I can't perceive it.

I also have DirecTV (w/ an HR21). On both 2D/3D channels, the image is outstanding. If you see pixel noise in 2D, toggle between MOVIE and CAL-NIGHT (or whatever preset you're using). This bug has recieved much discussion in the settings thread. One guy said he was in a position to escalate it to some Samsung executives.
post #1006 of 5889 Old 07-08-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by assJack1 View Post

What's better - running a LAN to a Samsung 6900 BluRay player or directly to the TV itself? Is there an advantage of one over the another (speed?)?

just dont use wireless, I tried wireless with the blu ray and with the tv dongle. They both work great for 5-10 minutes then drop the internet connection, then pick it up again and the problem repeats. Heck, half the time it wont even recognize your ssid if you dont broadcast it for the world to see.

and to make matters worse, I have posted this problem everywhere and no one has been able to help.
post #1007 of 5889 Old 07-08-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizazter68 View Post

just received my glasses after a couple days and they seem legit. great deal.
post #1008 of 5889 Old 07-08-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koffas View Post

sounds like a flaky wireless connection. have you tried checking your internet speed with the utility in the Samsung Apps page? Can you move your router closer? A wired connection via powerline adapters is another possibility.

I have considered these suggestions and I believe if it is anything it has to be that my router is not close enough. I set it to 30 meters, which is more than the default. It sits about 15-20 meters away on the same floor.

Other than that my wireless is fast (fios 15-15.5 mb/ps on avg) and stable with every other device but samsung.

adapters may be my only option, but i would feel cheated if that was to happen.

thanks koffas.
post #1009 of 5889 Old 07-08-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTonic View Post

Did you have "Pixel Shift" on?

I will try it later when i get home
post #1010 of 5889 Old 07-08-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:

just dont use wireless, I tried wireless with the blu ray and with the tv dongle. They both work great for 5-10 minutes then drop the internet connection, then pick it up again and the problem repeats. Heck, half the time it wont even recognize your ssid if you dont broadcast it for the world to see.

and to make matters worse, I have posted this problem everywhere and no one has been able to help.

Wireless on the BluRay works great for me - NetFlix and Pandora and software updates - all great
post #1011 of 5889 Old 07-08-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koffas View Post

The pixel noise ("dithering") you see in 3D has always been there. It's a function of the boost in brightness needed for 3D. With the glasses on, I can't perceive it.

I also have DirecTV (w/ an HR21). On both 2D/3D channels, the image is outstanding. If you see pixel noise in 2D, toggle between MOVIE and CAL-NIGHT (or whatever preset you're using). This bug has recieved much discussion in the settings thread. One guy said he was in a position to escalate it to some Samsung executives.

I was on the phone with samsung, and it is really disappointing to see that there is no real product knowledge in their front line support. After 20 minutes they just said that I had to open a service request.

I got the TV+glasses+3d + 4 years BB warranty for about 31 hundred so I think I got a good deal, but it is my first "expensive" set and I do not want to get stock with a faulty system.

I checked the set at the store, and it also had the pixel noise, but all of the TVs had it. Some more and some less. The panasonic seemed to have the least. The c9000 was the only one without it.

Can this depend on the current quality. I have two line conditioner, One for TV and HD receiver panamax mfp-300 and another monster surge protector for bluray signal amplifier etc.

Does it help having shorter HDMI cables?
post #1012 of 5889 Old 07-08-2010, 07:04 PM
mv3

1) Is it possible to disconnect the power cord from the TV and connect a higher-end one?

2) do people use tilting wall mounts for these two TVs?
Which ones?
Has anyone used the Sanus VLT-15B1?

3) Is it possible to use these TVs in 3D mode with a 3D bluray player from another manufacturer, e.g., LG?

4) If you would sit 13.5 feet from the TV when it is wall-mounted, which of the two sizes will you choose?

5) Would I have to use different settings for the first 100 hours, and where do I getthem from?
How about the best settings for after the break-in period of 100 hours?

Thank you!
post #1013 of 5889 Old 07-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have considered these suggestions and I believe if it is anything it has to be that my router is not close enough. I set it to 30 meters, which is more than the default. It sits about 15-20 meters away on the same floor.

Other than that my wireless is fast (fios 15-15.5 mb/ps on avg) and stable with every other device but samsung.

adapters may be my only option, but i would feel cheated if that was to happen.

thanks koffas.

I get about 7-8 Mbps on the speed test utility within samsung apps (w/ a wired 15 Mbps fios connection). It might be helpful to quantify what you're pulling via wirless and check whether it's dropping the connection during the test.

If you can't position your router closer to the TV, you can try a range extender as well. But I think your best bet is a poweline adapter. Hopefully you can return the dongle or sell it on eBay.
post #1014 of 5889 Old 07-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I was on the phone with samsung, and it is really disappointing to see that there is no real product knowledge in their front line support. After 20 minutes they just said that I had to open a service request.

I got the TV+glasses+3d + 4 years BB warranty for about 31 hundred so I think I got a good deal, but it is my first "expensive" set and I do not want to get stock with a faulty system.

I checked the set at the store, and it also had the pixel noise, but all of the TVs had it. Some more and some less. The panasonic seemed to have the least. The c9000 was the only one without it.

Can this depend on the current quality. I have two line conditioner, One for TV and HD receiver panamax mfp-300 and another monster surge protector for bluray signal amplifier etc.

Does it help having shorter HDMI cables?

You'll see dithering on all plasmas, it's inherent to the technology. Some sets do it more, some less. It's not depedent on your wiring. I can assure you there's nothing wrong with your set.

The dithering in 3D is more obvious than in 2D, but it should not impact normal viewing (glasses on, a few feet back). You should see very little dithering in 2D. If you do, use the preset toggle workaround.
post #1015 of 5889 Old 07-09-2010, 01:25 AM

Thanks, Just placed an order for a 3 pack of rechargeable glasses, I'll post my experience with these guys.
post #1016 of 5889 Old 07-09-2010, 04:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv3 View Post

3) Is it possible to use these TVs in 3D mode with a 3D bluray player from another manufacturer, e.g., LG?

I took back my samsung c6900 3D/BD player and exchanged it for a panasonic 350 3D/BD player. The panasonic player has better picture quality.. Colors etc.. It's the best move I've made so far besides buying the 8000!
post #1017 of 5889 Old 07-09-2010, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glomby View Post

Do you know if the rechargeable glasses produce less crosstalk?

Good question but I haven't heard anything for or against. From what I can tell they are one and the same.
post #1018 of 5889 Old 07-09-2010, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG811User View Post

Wireless on the BluRay works great for me - NetFlix and Pandora and software updates - all great

I've had absolutely no drop outs or problems from my wireless service (WOW).
post #1019 of 5889 Old 07-09-2010, 02:43 PM
mv3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound & Vision View Post

I took back my samsung c6900 3D/BD player and exchanged it for a panasonic 350 3D/BD player. The panasonic player has better picture quality.. Colors etc.. It's the best move I've made so far besides buying the 8000!

Which 8000 is it?

What HDMI cables do you use?

Could you share your settings?
post #1020 of 5889 Old 07-09-2010, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I got a call today that my 50C8000 had arrived. I can go pick it up tomorrow (could not get a large enough vehicle today) or I can wait until next week and it can probably be delivered. Got it wholesale from a relative, which is why the delivery situation is unsettled. I will probably go pick it up tomorrow with a friend who has a minivan.

I will have to carry it (with help) up two flights of steps. Are there handholds on the box? Should I unbox it first? The stairs have a couple of tight 90 degree turns. Would it be okay to turn the set lengthwise (I know not to carry it flat) to negotiate the turns? I have never heard not to do that.

Thanks,

Darren
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn50c8000 50 In 3d Hdtv Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn50c8000 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn63c8000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 3d Plasma Tv 16 9 Hdtv 1080p 58in Ws Plasma 1080p 3d Ready 600hz 4 Hdmi Ultra S
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page