*The Official Samsung PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread!! - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 5882 Old 07-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

There's like 100 different settings there. Which did you use for gaming?

I use the first "Night" settings that are posted by mantis. When in "game mode", you cant do the 10 point white balance. Just try some stuff, and see how it looks. I used those settings as a starting point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 5882 Old 07-19-2010, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macallan View Post

i was actually set to go with the 7000 but the reviews scared me off, the "soap opera" effect and the lack of black filter. Honestly i was ready to buy the 7000 from HH Gregg at 2250 but then i check Amazon and saw the 8000 for 2300 including tax and shipping. I have never bought a tv online but know people that have been very pleased. Hopefully it will arrive in one piece.

Very nice! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTonic View Post

I use the first "Night" settings that are posted by mantis. When in "game mode", you cant do the 10 point white balance. Just try some stuff, and see how it looks. I used those settings as a starting point.

"You can't do the 10 point white balance" Everyone right? Not just me? Just making sure... So game mode. night settings. Correct?
post #1173 of 5882 Old 07-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:

"You can't do the 10 point white balance" Everyone right? Not just me? Just making sure... So game mode. night settings. Correct?

Correct,
At least I can't.
post #1174 of 5882 Old 07-19-2010, 08:14 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebisoba View Post

I would like to know this as well. I'm considering this TV and wondering if you can get one of those wire to wireless ethernet converter and use that instead? I think it should work. I mean signal wise it makes no difference to the TV all it sees is that wired connection but just making sure.

Use this one - I have it on my PN63c8000 - works perfectly and 1/3rd the price of the Samsung. Got it from Newegg for $30. Note the exact model -only this one has the same chipset!!

ROSEWILL - RNX-N1
post #1175 of 5882 Old 07-19-2010, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTonic View Post

Correct,
At least I can't.

haha! Thanks!
post #1176 of 5882 Old 07-19-2010, 09:52 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattam_trout View Post

Use this one - I have it on my PN63c8000 - works perfectly and 1/3rd the price of the Samsung. Got it from Newegg for $30. Note the exact model -only this one has the same chipset!!

ROSEWILL - RNX-N1

The same chipset as what, the Samsung dongle? Will the EasyNX1 work?

I'm thinking any dongle will work...may have to stop at Worst Buy and pick one up.

DarrenK
post #1177 of 5882 Old 07-20-2010, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenK View Post

The same chipset as what, the Samsung dongle? Will the EasyNX1 work?

I'm thinking any dongle will work...may have to stop at Worst Buy and pick one up.

DarrenK

you might want to look at this thread

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...ongles_with_TV

or just get exactly the rosewill rnx-n1 if you want it to work right out of the box with no tinkering.

been lurking here for a couple of weeks and doing alot of research as my 63c8000 is set to arrive on jul 23'rd. what initially started as me wanting that 72 inch vizio that isn't coming out anymore turned into a mini remodeling project... it should all be done by the middle of august (god willing).

my first and only hdtv in the house is a sony 34inch xbr960 tube tv (kd34xbr960) upstairs in the game room so i'm pretty pumped about having a 63 incher (pn63c8000) downstairs as well as 7.1 surround (god i love my wife) i'm not a picture quality snob per say, but i guess i kinda am coming from the 960 lol. can't wait to get the sammy broken in so i can dive into the picture settings.

i'll post up pics when it's all finished.
post #1178 of 5882 Old 07-20-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldirtdog View Post

you might want to look at this thread

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...ongles_with_TV

or just get exactly the rosewill rnx-n1 if you want it to work right out of the box with no tinkering.

been lurking here for a couple of weeks and doing alot of research as my 63c8000 is set to arrive on jul 23'rd. what initially started as me wanting that 72 inch vizio that isn't coming out anymore turned into a mini remodeling project... it should all be done by the middle of august (god willing).

my first and only hdtv in the house is a sony 34inch xbr960 tube tv (kd34xbr960) upstairs in the game room so i'm pretty pumped about having a 63 incher (pn63c8000) downstairs as well as 7.1 surround (god i love my wife) i'm not a picture quality snob per say, but i guess i kinda am coming from the 960 lol. can't wait to get the sammy broken in so i can dive into the picture settings.

i'll post up pics when it's all finished.

There seems to be a while list there of dongles that will work due to having the same chipset. Oddly, I don't see the Rosewill rnx-n1 listed....

DarrenK

P.S. Hit 140 hours of break-in, but still seeing some IR
post #1179 of 5882 Old 07-20-2010, 06:24 AM

While on the topic of internet connections, I have the BDC-6900, which of course already has wifi built in. Is there any way to allow the C8000 to share the signal? I know I can use the widgets to watch through the 6900, but for instance, is there a way to allow the TV to download the firmawre update using the 6900's connection?

DarrenK
post #1180 of 5882 Old 07-20-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:

There seems to be a while list there of dongles that will work due to having the same chipset. Oddly, I don't see the Rosewill rnx-n1 listed....

DarrenK

P.S. Hit 140 hours of break-in, but still seeing some IR

I just wish I could get the internet connection to work on either the 6900 or the 8000.

I am runnning a verizon router on the b/g networks; verizon has not released a n bandwidth capable router yet

My problem is that 5 minutes into any netflix or pandora (only things I have used) the connection drops and I can immediately reconnect but it will just drop again in less than a minute. It always registers at an HD capable speed but... drops every time.

Samsungs front line support is no help either, they just kept telling me it was a problem with my network or router, even after I told them I reset the router settings, shut down the firewall, went from wpa2 to wep and back, even reset to factory settings on the 6900 and 8000 + reset router and all over again.

I told them that I have 2 laptops, PS3, Iphone, and have never experienced a loss in connection or any other problem.

I have read of one other person having this problem, but samsung will not hear anything about it being a problem with their hardware/firmware and will not transfer to a higher tier support.

Wish I could get some help on this one. Really disappointing here.
post #1181 of 5882 Old 07-20-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmercer3 View Post

I just wish I could get the internet connection to work on either the 6900 or the 8000.

I am runnning a verizon router on the b/g networks; verizon has not released a n bandwidth capable router yet

My problem is that 5 minutes into any netflix or pandora (only things I have used) the connection drops and I can immediately reconnect but it will just drop again in less than a minute. It always registers at an HD capable speed but... drops every time.

Samsungs front line support is no help either, they just kept telling me it was a problem with my network or router, even after I told them I reset the router settings, shut down the firewall, went from wpa2 to wep and back, even reset to factory settings on the 6900 and 8000 + reset router and all over again.

I told them that I have 2 laptops, PS3, Iphone, and have never experienced a loss in connection or any other problem.

I have read of one other person having this problem, but samsung will not hear anything about it being a problem with their hardware/firmware and will not transfer to a higher tier support.

Had this problem myself so this is the fix:

Download Samsung PC Share manager onto your pc's that you want to share your tv with.
Use that software and have it open on your pc when you want to enable all share on your tv.

Let me know if that fixes your drop outs.
post #1182 of 5882 Old 07-20-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:

Mine does the exact same thing. Netflix in HD looks really nice for a few minutes using the 6900. It then starts dropping and reconnecting constantly. I would even lower the quality if it would stop all the drops. No other wireless device I own does this.
post #1183 of 5882 Old 07-20-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiglc15 View Post

Mine does the exact same thing. Netflix in HD looks really nice for a few minutes using the 6900. It then starts dropping and reconnecting constantly. I would even lower the quality if it would stop all the drops. No other wireless device I own does this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOPANindustries View Post

Download Samsung PC Share manager onto your pc's that you want to share your tv with.
Use that software and have it open on your pc when you want to enable all share on your tv.

I will install this tomorrow and let you know. I just wish samsung would pay attention to this issue seeing as they advertised the S*it out of internet apps this year.
post #1184 of 5882 Old 07-20-2010, 08:26 PM

Just got the PN58C8000 and loving it. Want to wall mount it, but it seems that it does not conform to VESA specs. Am I stuck with having to get the Samsung WMN1000C for this? I really wanted a swivel mount.

Anybody successfully wall-mount the 58" or 63" with anything else? Thanks for any help. :-)
post #1185 of 5882 Old 07-20-2010, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Congrats! You have the 58 inch. Jealous
post #1186 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOPANindustries View Post

installed the share manager, despite samsung not providing support for windows 7, but it did install. The problem with the software is it only supports file sharing, it does not handle network sharing and thus does not solve the problem.

This morning I tried configuring static ip instead of dynamic for both the 6900 and 8000, I also added the mac addresses to my firewall acceptance list just to be extra sure. This solved nothing and another couple hours of troubleshooting lost...

I am starting to think its either my iphone wifi interfering with the signal or my router from verizon cannot handle more than two wifi devices at a time... im troubleshooting this now..

FYI my connection to pandora has dropped three times while typing this lol

http://businessforums.verizon.net/t5...ces/m-p/222821
post #1187 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Starting to think the C8000 should have blacks that "appear" darker. Correct? Being as the screen off is darker then the 7000. Meaning even when its not feeding a signal to the screen. It should still be darker to the 7000. Wonder if this will make black crush though?
post #1188 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmierzwa View Post

Just got the PN58C8000 and loving it. Want to wall mount it, but it seems that it does not conform to VESA specs. Am I stuck with having to get the Samsung WMN1000C for this? I really wanted a swivel mount.

Anybody successfully wall-mount the 58" or 63" with anything else? Thanks for any help. :-)

I had a Panny plasma on a Sanus low profile mount and took it down and put up my 63" 8000 using the same bracket, I had to swap with shorter bolts and add the bracket for the bigger sized TV but no issues with the VESA standards for me.
post #1189 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:

While on the topic of internet connections, I have the BDC-6900, which of course already has wifi built in. Is there any way to allow the C8000 to share the signal? I know I can use the widgets to watch through the 6900, but for instance, is there a way to allow the TV to download the firmawre update using the 6900's connection?

DarrenK

I don't think so, per the C8000 manual it states that the HDMI connection doesn't allow ethernet. So I'd say no.
post #1190 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:

Speaking of the dongle, has anyone tried a wifi dongle OTHER than the Samsung one? The price seems a little steep for the Samsung...

DarrenK

Does anybody have any experience with this, good or bad
post #1191 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizazter68 View Post

Does anybody have any experience with this, good or bad

I'm using it. It's only worth getting if you want less wires. The apps are still to dang slow IMO.
post #1192 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsean View Post

I had a Panny plasma on a Sanus low profile mount and took it down and put up my 63" 8000 using the same bracket, I had to swap with shorter bolts and add the bracket for the bigger sized TV but no issues with the VESA standards for me.

Thanks for the reply.....much appreciated. What is the model if I may ask?
post #1193 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 12:43 PM

Concerning the wireless dropouts... Is there a way of telling if you are dropping the whole connection? Opposed to just losing enough speed that the app shuts down?
I haven't used netflix with my 6900 or TV for that matter, but I did stream some Pandora from my 6900 which is using it's built in wireless and I never noticed it hanging or dropping. I only used it once really but listened through 4 songs or more. Never lost a signal.

But along the same problem. I did buy a usb wireless network dongle for a computer that wouldn't stay connected. Finally just replace it with a wireless card and it is very stable. I know you can't change the dongle out since it's a part of the unit, but seems to be a signal problem (weak signal/interference) or a dongle problem.
post #1194 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

I've never gotten a wireless drop out.
post #1195 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmagz View Post

Concerning the wireless dropouts... Is there a way of telling if you are dropping the whole connection? Opposed to just losing enough speed that the app shuts down?
I haven't used netflix with my 6900 or TV for that matter, but I did stream some Pandora from my 6900 which is using it's built in wireless and I never noticed it hanging or dropping. I only used it once really but listened through 4 songs or more. Never lost a signal.

But along the same problem. I did buy a usb wireless network dongle for a computer that wouldn't stay connected. Finally just replace it with a wireless card and it is very stable. I know you can't change the dongle out since it's a part of the unit, but seems to be a signal problem (weak signal/interference) or a dongle problem.

Quote:

I've never gotten a wireless drop out.

Well, I have made some progress on the dropouts. Ive been listening to pandora for a half hour now without a drop

If this fix I am about to write is what the problem was, I have some serious issues with samsung.

1) I had to change my SSID to broadcast (never a good idea)
2) Changed from WPA2 to WPA (didnt work) and finally WEP (horrible security) WEP means I have to use a bit key encryption instead of my own pre-defined password
3) Had to remove all custom settings on my verizon router (parental controls, and other URL/HTTP restrictions put on other devices/laptops in the network. Dont know why but this caused problems after I added them again.

Why wouldnt they support WPA/WPA2?? and are you guys all using WEP?

Anyhow, those 3 things got me connected.
post #1196 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmierzwa View Post

Yup, I have my 58C8k mounted with this. All the correct bolts were included and mounted it myself. It performs beautifully.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Once you've gone Buttkicker, you can't go back.

post #1197 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:

I'm using it. It's only worth getting if you want less wires. The apps are still to dang slow IMO.

Are you using a samsung or will a diffrent brand work?
post #1198 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:

Well, I have made some progress on the dropouts. Ive been listening to pandora for a half hour now without a drop

If this fix I am about to write is what the problem was, I have some serious issues with samsung.

1) I had to change my SSID to broadcast (never a good idea)
2) Changed from WPA2 to WPA (didnt work) and finally WEP (horrible security) WEP means I have to use a bit key encryption instead of my own pre-defined password
3) Had to remove all custom settings on my verizon router (parental controls, and other URL/HTTP restrictions put on other devices/laptops in the network. Dont know why but this caused problems after I added them again.

Why wouldnt they support WPA/WPA2?? and are you guys all using WEP?

Anyhow, those 3 things got me connected.

I use WPA2 - no problem
post #1199 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsean View Post

I don't think so, per the C8000 manual it states that the HDMI connection doesn't allow ethernet. So I'd say no.

Who said HDMI? LAN port on TV and BDC6900 was my thought, not HDMI.

DarrenK
post #1200 of 5882 Old 07-21-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:

Who said HDMI? LAN port on TV and BDC6900 was my thought, not HDMI.

DarrenK

Well how do you think that the signal would pass from DVD to TV or vice versa? Neither one of the TV or DVD player have a second RJ45 output either so the ONLY option would be HDMI.

HDMI 1.4 allows audio/video/ethernet however the TV does not allow it.

Do you get my drift?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn50c8000 50 In 3d Hdtv Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn50c8000 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn63c8000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 3d Plasma Tv 16 9 Hdtv 1080p 58in Ws Plasma 1080p 3d Ready 600hz 4 Hdmi Ultra S
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page