*The Official Samsung PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread!! - Page 52 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1531 of 5882 Old 08-20-2010, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've used the screen wipe feautre does decent job after several hours clearing most of retention, def not all , but horizontal banding is still all over the bottom never goes away, and then soon as I watch cable for a while i'm right back in the same shoes again.

in respone to Jugdish69 wont the serial numbers pop up as different when i try to return the defective unit. Good idea , do they open box up and check serial numbers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 5882 Old 08-20-2010, 08:46 PM

in respone to Jugdish69 wont the serial numbers pop up as different when i try to return the defective unit. Good idea , do they open box up and check serial numbers?[/quote]

You should first check with an attorney to find out if you will be charged with a misdemeanor or felony when BB enters the serial # in their records and comes after you. Employee and customer theft costs retailers big bucks and you can bet they have close controls on every TV that has entered their inventory -- both coming and going and including returned sets. Toasters and other small stuff, maybe not, but they know where their TVs are.

It's incredible how people think they are the first to invent a way to rip off a retailer when it was likely tried 1000 years ago -- and probably didn't work then either. On the other hand, I was in a Home Depot a while back and noticed a beat up air compressor and air nailer sitting by the return desk. I asked the clerk what it was all about and she said the guy admitted he had built a house with them but was returning them for credit as they were a little light for his needs. It works but only if you follow their rules.
post #1533 of 5882 Old 08-21-2010, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcatwo View Post

in respone to Jugdish69 wont the serial numbers pop up as different when i try to return the defective unit. Good idea , do they open box up and check serial numbers?

You should first check with an attorney to find out if you will be charged with a misdemeanor or felony when BB enters the serial # in their records and comes after you. Employee and customer theft costs retailers big bucks and you can bet they have close controls on every TV that has entered their inventory -- both coming and going and including returned sets. Toasters and other small stuff, maybe not, but they know where their TVs are.

It's incredible how people think they are the first to invent a way to rip off a retailer when it was likely tried 1000 years ago -- and probably didn't work then either. On the other hand, I was in a Home Depot a while back and noticed a beat up air compressor and air nailer sitting by the return desk. I asked the clerk what it was all about and she said the guy admitted he had built a house with them but was returning them for credit as they were a little light for his needs. It works but only if you follow their rules.[/quote]I agree that items with serial numbers - like TVs - will likely get checked. People have even been known to put an older model in the box and try to return it, keeping the new set.

I actually was returning some extra brackets I had purchased at Walmart and the guy in front of me in the return line was trying to bring back a gallon can of custom color interior paint.

Most places won't take back custom mixed colors, but Walmart does try to satisfy their customers. The issue with this return was that the guy was just returning the empty can! He used all the paint and then decided that he didn't like the color.

Clerk tried to explain that he needed to return the actual item, not just the container but the guy played dumb, just repeating that he didn't like the color.

Clerk ended up winning the discussion and the guy was too dumb to ask for a Manager. I could barely contain myself in line and broke up when I gave my items and recipt to the same clerk. I had a good laugh, she just gave me a look and processed my return.
post #1534 of 5882 Old 08-21-2010, 06:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
hate to say it but i know people who have done this in the past. one guy i know does it everytime something that is a current model breaks. as long as they carry it he buys a new one and then returns the old one. he keeps the boxes (even for his 55" lcd) and has been doing it for many years. im NOT SAYING this is right to do do not take it that way BUT he has never had a issue and never has anyone come after him... i think its a bit ridiculous but im not him and he's a grown man.. not my place except to state my feelings on what he is doing. he has swapped his tv twice at best buy this way never an issue though.... he said they never checked though i was not there to see if they did or not.
post #1535 of 5882 Old 08-21-2010, 08:12 AM

Anyone can help with 1026 . I have a mac and dosent let me open it. any advice ?
post #1536 of 5882 Old 08-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizman; View Post

Anyone can help with 1026 . I have a mac and dosent let me open it. any advice ?

The download was probably incomplete. Get it from the mirrors on the 1st post of this thread.

'Best comment on one of my AVS reviews ever, "What did I just try to read!" Latest:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1537 of 5882 Old 08-21-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizman View Post

It's just self extracting zip-file. Rename it to zip and extract it to USB stick.
The directory structure must be intact so there has to be the T-VALAUSC folder on the root dir and then the rest under it.
post #1538 of 5882 Old 08-21-2010, 04:08 PM

Anyone know how to get into the service menu? I'm tired of the artifacts and ghosting while the MJC is on, and I want to try to see if it's something I can tweek.

"It's not about money..It's about...sending a message.."
post #1539 of 5882 Old 08-21-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRoc View Post

Anyone know how to get into the service menu? I'm tired of the artifacts and ghosting while the MJC is on, and I want to try to see if it's something I can tweek.

check this thread
post #1540 of 5882 Old 08-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartleyR7 View Post

I'm getting ready to hang my PN58C8000 on the wall, and I'm trying to decide on the best mount. I've been looking at both of the Sanus models below.

Sanus VMPL3

Sanus VLT15

Does anyone have any experience with either of these (or other mounts, for that matter)? This is my first time mounting a TV, so I'd appreciate any feedback. I like the ability to tilt the TV, but it's not completely necessary. The wall where it will be mounted is a full wall with no obstructions, so it can be mounted at any height (to be level with the eye). Thanks in advance!

I had the mono price slim mount and the sanus LL11-B1 on hand when I mounted my pn58c8000. I think monoprice puts out good products that are very inexpensive, but I used the sanus mount. It does not tilt and is a very slim mount. I chose to use the sanus because I could easily put 2 bolts in each stud and the mount felt sturdier to me. A nice feature of the sanus mount is the ability to fine tune the level of the display after it is hanging on the wall. The sanus came with the correct bolts and there was no need to visit a hardware store.

post #1541 of 5882 Old 08-21-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat_shion View Post

check this thread

Thanks!!

"It's not about money..It's about...sending a message.."
post #1542 of 5882 Old 08-22-2010, 11:45 AM

For somebody reading english AND french (a little)...
Can we believe with this TV Samsung sold in France than we have technically the same as the TV C8000 subject of this thread?
http://www.magma.fr/?module=boutique...ls&pid=1017118

Thanks
post #1543 of 5882 Old 08-22-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferl View Post

I had the mono price slim mount and the sanus LL11-B1 on hand when I mounted my pn58c8000. I think monoprice puts out good products that are very inexpensive, but I used the sanus mount. It does not tilt and is a very slim mount. I chose to use the sanus because I could easily put 2 bolts in each stud and the mount felt sturdier to me. A nice feature of the sanus mount is the ability to fine tune the level of the display after it is hanging on the wall. The sanus came with the correct bolts and there was no need to visit a hardware store.

Thanks for the info! Do you use the TV speakers? If so, did you notice any difference with it being that close to the wall?
post #1544 of 5882 Old 08-22-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangai View Post

For somebody reading english AND french (a little)...
Can we believe with this TV Samsung sold in France than we have technically the same as the TV C8000 subject of this thread?
http://www.magma.fr/?module=boutique...ls&pid=1017118

Thanks

Yes it is. It has this: "Real Black Filter "
C7000 US model doesn have it.
post #1545 of 5882 Old 08-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Can someone confirm if the C8000 properly displays 24p with correct pulldown ie no judder? This would be with MJC off and 24p set on blu-ray player.

Also, I read that 50hz signals produces brighter black levels. But is this just in the European models or also American models?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1546 of 5882 Old 08-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

Thanks for the info! Do you use the TV speakers? If so, did you notice any difference with it being that close to the wall?

I don't use the TV speaker. Perhaps someone else can address that issue.

post #1547 of 5882 Old 08-22-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:

I'm getting ready to hang my PN58C8000 on the wall, and I'm trying to decide on the best mount. I've been looking at both of the Sanus models below.

Sanus VMPL3
http://www.sanus.com/us/en/products/...g-mount/VMPL3#

Sanus VLT15
http://www.sanus.com/us/en/products/...g-mount/VLT15#

Does anyone have any experience with either of these (or other mounts, for that matter)? This is my first time mounting a TV, so I'd appreciate any feedback. I like the ability to tilt the TV, but it's not completely necessary. The wall where it will be mounted is a full wall with no obstructions, so it can be mounted at any height (to be level with the eye). Thanks in advance!

i used the ultra slim mount from monoprice.com. mine is fairly high on the wall, it allows tilt up to 10 degrees and i use it to the max. it was $15, free shipping and took only minutes to set up on my 63c8000. i did need to go out and buy 4 m8 16mm bolts due to the shallow holes in the tv, but i would highly recommend.
post #1548 of 5882 Old 08-23-2010, 08:20 AM

Does the PN58c8000 have cooling fans? I've had this panel for about a month and have never heard the fans(s) go on to cool the panel. Heat does radiate from the top.
post #1549 of 5882 Old 08-23-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyperson View Post

Does the PN58c8000 have cooling fans?

I'm quite sure it doesn't. Not that I can see. The TV is so thin that I can't imagine there's even room for fans inside. Plus, like you, I'd expect that we'd hear them. Rather, the back of the TV seems to act as a radiator or heat spreader. Heat also radiates through the screen itself.
post #1550 of 5882 Old 08-23-2010, 12:44 PM

Has anyone seen this?
Between 50C8000 and Panny VT25
Got this from another thread.

http://www.3d-tvbuyingguide.com/3dtv...-shootout.html
post #1551 of 5882 Old 08-23-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:

Has anyone seen this?

Yeah. I must concur with what some other forum members have said about this review. It looks to me like they left the Panasonic TV in dynamic mode with oversaturated colors and clipped white levels - or otherwise didn't calibrate it properly. While some of the comments the reviewer makes might be worth consideration, I don't have the impression that it's a fair comparison.

I think their review of the Samsung C8000 by itself is more credible. It's very detailed and makes use of objective measurements.
post #1552 of 5882 Old 08-23-2010, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:

Does the PN58c8000 have cooling fans? I've had this panel for about a month and have never heard the fans(s) go on to cool the panel. Heat does radiate from the top.

yes. There are fans inside.
post #1553 of 5882 Old 08-23-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

yes. There are fans inside.

Where are the fans?
post #1554 of 5882 Old 08-23-2010, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:

Where are the fans?

Open it up and find out lol
post #1555 of 5882 Old 08-23-2010, 10:32 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdaw View Post

Yeah. I must concur with what some other forum members have said about this review. It looks to me like they left the Panasonic TV in dynamic mode with oversaturated colors and clipped white levels - or otherwise didn't calibrate it properly. While some of the comments the reviewer makes might be worth consideration, I don't have the impression that it's a fair comparison.

I think their review of the Samsung C8000 by itself is more credible. It's very detailed and makes use of objective measurements.

Concur. I originally posted this. I know this isn't a comparison thread. I have a PN63C8000. I think both TVs are terrific. Long live 3D!!
post #1556 of 5882 Old 08-24-2010, 11:57 AM

I have been reading the forum about c8000 that buzz.
My 58 in also buzz.
Could it be caused by bad grounding on the electrical outlet? at least that's what my mag store told me?

any idea?
post #1557 of 5882 Old 08-24-2010, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have been reading the forum about c8000 that buzz.
My 58 in also buzz.
Could it be caused by bad grounding on the electrical outlet? at least that's what my mag store told me?

any idea?

Tha Mag guy will tell you anything that makes it not his problem. Some of these sets buzz quite loudly, others barely a wisper.

If you bought it at Mag, request a swap out.

You can to to any home improvement store and get a device that plugs into the outlet and tests for proper grounding. My guess is that is not the problem.
post #1558 of 5882 Old 08-24-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydu View Post

Tha Mag guy will tell you anything that makes it not his problem. Some of these sets buzz quite loudly, others barely a wisper.

If you bought it at Mag, request a swap out.

You can to to any home improvement store and get a device that plugs into the outlet and tests for proper grounding. My guess is that is not the problem.

That's what I thought.
Because I got a 50 before that buzz from day 1 and swap with a 58, that is good for a day or so and started buzzing. not loud, but as the tv warm up more it's louder, eventhough I can't hear it once I turn up the volume.
My mag guy said it's not a problem to swap it again, but their install dept need to send someone out first to check the problem before he is allowed to do another swap.

Thanks
post #1559 of 5882 Old 08-25-2010, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's what I thought.
Because I got a 50 before that buzz from day 1 and swap with a 58, that is good for a day or so and started buzzing. not loud, but as the tv warm up more it's louder, eventhough I can't hear it once I turn up the volume.
My mag guy said it's not a problem to swap it again, but their install dept need to send someone out first to check the problem before he is allowed to do another swap.

Thanks

Sounds like your local store always has a "yes, but" policy making everything conditional.

Might tell them that you're not satisfied with the set and want to return it. That might get them to pony up on a replacement.

When you buy consumer electronics, everybody sells the same stuff. The difference is service level. If the store hesitates to satisfy you when you have a problem, you're not getting what you paid for.
post #1560 of 5882 Old 08-25-2010, 08:24 AM

Here's my experience after the first 3 days:

1. Packing materials: My first two 63c8000 units arrived with broken panels. One was shipped direct and one was delivered by my local dealer. Samsung's packing materials for this large, heavy TV are inadequate. The resulting breakage is a waste of resources and a bad customer experience.

2. Overall picture quality: Very good right out of the box but definitely needs a full calilbration. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

3. Buzzing: Not noticeable.

4. IR: None yet, but I'm being very conservative.

5. Dead pixels: Haven't seen any.

6. Black levels: Very good - dark, stable, low noise (haven't measured yet).

7. 3D: Absolutely the best I have ever seen. (And I've seen many TV and PC active shutter set-ups.)

8. Horizontal line bleed: Faint but noticeable on high contrast objects against a bright background. The bleed is visible regardless of contrast, cell light, brightness settings. It's not bad enough to return the TV but it's annoying once you know what to look for.

Questions about the line bleed problem:

(1) Do all these TVs have the problem? On this one, rows of black text against a white background will repro the problem every time. It's faint but definitely there.

(2) Does anyone have a guess as to the root cause?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn50c8000 50 In 3d Hdtv Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn50c8000 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn63c8000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 3d Plasma Tv 16 9 Hdtv 1080p 58in Ws Plasma 1080p 3d Ready 600hz 4 Hdmi Ultra S
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page