SAMSUNG plasma "No Signal" HDMI problem! HELP! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-22-2010, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everyone!

I bought a Samsung 50" plasma on boxing day at Future Shop (Model is PN50B530) and I'm having some bad issues with HDMI.

I've had my Xbox 360 hooked up over HDMI since I bought it and that hasn't given me any problems at all. Video and Audio come through completely fine by just switching to that source.

I recently picked up a Sony Blu Ray player and just unplugged the HDMI cable from my Xbox and plugged it into the BD Player. My TV just continues to show me the "No Signal" message on screen. I've tried hooking it up with two different cables already in each of the three HDMI inputs on the TV.

I took it to the other TV in the house and connected it with my original HDMI cable to the Sharp LCD and it showed up immediately. This same exact situation happens with my brothers LG BD player. Works on the LG LCD but not on my Samsung Plasma.

Anyone have any ideas?? Would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2010, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
You were not clear on this, but did you try to hook up the XBox again through HDMI and have it work on your Samsung?

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
Old 05-22-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrabbit3 View Post

It could be bad HDMI ports. My first tv had that and returned it. Did you try the other inputs (component)?

Did you try more than 1 HDMI cable?

If you try different cables that work on other tvs with the same device then i'd say the ports are bad. Either return or have Samsung fix it.

:)
Old 07-20-2010, 11:17 PM

The local Samsung repairman replaced the main board on my pn50b650 to fix the bad HDMI ports. About a week later I now have ports 1 and 2 showing the same input, whatever I have plugged into 1 or 2. I do not thing that should be possible. And ports 3 and 4 no longer work again. This sucks.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrabbit3 View Post

Hi Everyone!

I bought a Samsung 50" plasma on boxing day at Future Shop (Model is PN50B530) and I'm having some bad issues with HDMI.

I've had my Xbox 360 hooked up over HDMI since I bought it and that hasn't given me any problems at all. Video and Audio come through completely fine by just switching to that source.

I recently picked up a Sony Blu Ray player and just unplugged the HDMI cable from my Xbox and plugged it into the BD Player. My TV just continues to show me the "No Signal" message on screen. I've tried hooking it up with two different cables already in each of the three HDMI inputs on the TV.

I took it to the other TV in the house and connected it with my original HDMI cable to the Sharp LCD and it showed up immediately. This same exact situation happens with my brothers LG BD player. Works on the LG LCD but not on my Samsung Plasma.

I have a 50-inch Panasonic plasma in addition to my 65-inch Panasonic plasma, and have recently encountered this same problem on the 50" after a couple years. Whether hooking up a new or older DVD player, I'd get that "No Signal" error notice on screen. Finally called the extended warranty company which came out and promptly diagnosed the problem as a fault in the main board; they've ordered a replacement board and I'm awaiting the swap-out.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:02 PM

I just got a PN50C8000 and have a similar problem. When I first started the unit it synced with my Comcast HD box with no problem. I turned the set on and off a few times to confirm the connection and I then ran it for about eight hours. On turning it on the next day I got the "No Signal" response. I tried connecting the Comcast box directly, and to the sets other HDMI ports and got the same result.

Now, my normal connection chain is having all my sources plugged into a simple 4x1 HDMI switch that is feeding the set. What I'm doing to get the set to sync with the Comcast box is to turn it on while switched as a second monitor to my Mac Mini. I can then turn on the Comcast box and then switch the set to it.

I'm not sure why the set is not syncing to the Comcast box, but I'm starting to think its the Comcast box.

Cheers!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:20 PM

I've recently had the "no signal" message on my PN63C7000 for all the HDMI ports which were previously working fine. Had to switch to component and it worked fine. This TV is 4 years old and out of warranty, does anyone have a ballpark on the cost of the circuit board and what I can expect to pay in general for this repair? Thanks
Old 03-31-2014, 07:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 124
The part is available for around $60.00 from eBay sellers.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XBN94-03313Y&_nkw=BN94-03313Y&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Personally prefer these guys, $85.00:
http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn94-03313y-main-board-for-pn63c8000yfxza.htm
(should be C7000 compatible - you might get C8000 features as an upgrade)

You can install this yourself with a screwdriver and about 30 minutes of your time.
KONICA TECH likes this.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:28 PM

Just ran into this issue last night and after searching far and wide, found a post on a Playstation forum of all places.

Basically, it's telling you to go into the Factory Service Menu and reset/clear HDMI errors and prevent by turning off Clock control. My set didn't have clear options for that, so I played around a bit with other things I thought would accomplish the task.

I tried this and it totally worked for my TV and brought the HDMI ports back to life.

Last post on page (March 13th)
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/HDMI-Problem-with-Samsung-TV-No-Signal/td-p/5189690/page/2

Service menu:
Turn the TV off. On the remote, press Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power in sequence.
Go to Control
Go to Config Option
I upped my HDMI Error Count to 3 (from original 1) and enabled HDMI Hotplug