Panasonic TC-P50G10 struck by lightning. Error code: 14 blinks. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-29-2010, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the TV 14 months ago, and like an idiot, I didn't add a surge protector when I installed it. Since I have never had any issues with a power surge, it never crossed my mind. After a severe thunderstorm the TV no longer works. I don't believe it was a direct hit, as it is the only thing in the house that is broken. Not even the two laptops that are plugged into the same circuit were affected!

I unplugged the TV and waited for it to completely power down. When I plug the TV back in and turn it on, the black screen emits light. After a few seconds I can briefly see the menu before it cuts out. I can interact with the menu before it turns off. After it shuts itself off, the red power light blinks 14 times between each pause. The TV doesn't receive any input from the satellite. However, the satellite itself may also be damage.

Has anyone else found their self in the same situation? What is your recommended course of action? If you were to guess, how much would it cost to have the TV fixed?

Thanks for your time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-31-2010, 02:39 PM

dear friend 14 blink that means one board need replace ,

your board had been damage . search in Google for 14 blink

soheil.iran
post #3 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 05:56 AM
pbc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 30
If nothing else on the same circuit was affected, call Panasonic and tell them you tried turning your set and it wouldn't turn on. Up to you whether you want to "mention" the storm. I wouldn't.

My DIY Subs ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 09:17 AM

A lightning surge can also travel through the coaxial cable and telephone lines. Why or how it bypassed the cable\\DVR\\sat box is a mystery. My grandparents had their kitchen phone literally blown off the wall from a lightning strike (a good 30 years ago).
post #5 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 11:02 AM

I had a surge protector for my Panasonic TC-P54V10 (purchased Dec 2009) and it was also hit by a lightening generated power surge last Thursday. Surge protector did nothing to help. It took out both my TV and two Denon receivers. The TV is also showing the 14 blinks, so I called Panasonic and they arranged for a service representative to come out this coming Monday. They'll have the part based on the information the 14 blinks is providing. So no complaints on the Panasonic service yet. They haven't said if I have to pay for it or not, but my insurance will pick up any bill I get. Denon is requiring me to send in the receivers, so it will be a while before I learn if they can be repaired.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-04-2013, 11:04 AM

You definitely should have that TV on a surge protector! The power supply got damaged took a surge during the storm. You could remove the power supply and inspect it for defective capacitors, IC's and transistors. Look for any shorted or open components. It would probably be better to get a replacement board after that power surge though. Below is a link for a replacement power supply.

http://www.tristatemodule.com/p-27-etx2mm747afk-panasonic-tv-module-power-supply-npx747af-1a-tc-p50g10-tc-p50s14-tc-p46g10.aspx
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P50g15
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page