Vizio VP42 buzzing problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-07-2010, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everybody, I bought a VP42 (VP422HDTV10A) a few years ago, its been a great TV, the picture is fantastic for the <$800 price I paid, but i'm getting a buzzing noise that's just about killing the viewing experience. The buzz comes from the set when there's a high white level scene, it is independent of the input (HDMI or component) and I've got the speakers turned off.

Anybody had this problem? Any fixes? I knew this unit was prone to buzzing but it's gotten noticeably louder in the last 6 months or so.

I don't mind doing component level repair but wanted to see if anybody had an idea before I tear into my main TV.

Thanks,
Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-08-2010, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdaddy View Post

Hey everybody, I bought a VP42 (VP422HDTV10A) a few years ago, its been a great TV, the picture is fantastic for the <$800 price I paid, but i'm getting a buzzing noise that's just about killing the viewing experience. The buzz comes from the set when there's a high white level scene, it is independent of the input (HDMI or component) and I've got the speakers turned off.

Anybody had this problem? Any fixes? I knew this unit was prone to buzzing but it's gotten noticeably louder in the last 6 months or so.

I don't mind doing component level repair but wanted to see if anybody had an idea before I tear into my main TV.

Thanks,
Will

The Samsungs white scene buzz was mechanic while black scene buzz seems to be components, and dampening pads between backcasing and board fixed the mechanical, dunno about this tv though
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page