Panasonic G25 Audio Processing - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-08-2010, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone out there with a G25 series plasma want to chime in on its ability to pass-through digital audio from HDMI sources (over either optical out or HDMI ARC)? In particular, support for AC3 (Dolby Digital) and DTS?

Mine doesn't seem to support AC3 (as pass-through or on the TV's speakers) and down-mixes DTS to stereo. I'm trying to determine if this is an extremely disappointing limitation of the model or if (as Panasonic tech support is vaguely claiming) my unit is defective.

It honestly never even occurred to me that an upper tier model wouldn't handle digital audio pass-through in the intuitive way...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-08-2010, 09:45 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelliott View Post

Anyone out there with a G25 series plasma want to chime in on its ability to pass-through digital audio from HDMI sources (over either optical out or HDMI ARC)? In particular, support for AC3 (Dolby Digital) and DTS? Mine doesn't seem to support AC3 (as pass-through or on the TV's speakers) and down-mixes DTS to stereo.

AFAIK, virtually all current TVs will only output 2 channel stereo with HDMI and Component sources.

Quote:

I'm trying to determine if this is an extremely disappointing limitation of the model or if (as Panasonic tech support is vaguely claiming) my unit is defective.

Panasonic tech support doesn't seem to actually know anything about their TVs. The answers they give us AVS members are usually either lacking in knowledge or flat out wrong.

Quote:

It honestly never even occurred to me that an upper tier model wouldn't handle digital audio pass-through in the intuitive way...

I think it's a copyright protection thing.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #3 of 3 Old 01-12-2013, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I can tell you that it does have Audio Return Channel, so if you get a receiver with ARC then the HDMI out cable from the receiver will serve to send Audio back to the receiver for your Amazon/Netflix/Youtube, Vieracast apps .

Otherwise, i am on the dark here as well.
I have the 50GT25 myself with a Pioneer with ARC and some POLKs, works great.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page