Samsung PN50B550 dynamic contrast panel flicker—settings problem? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-19-2010, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This may be a completely stupid question, but I've had my Samsung PN50B550 for about 3 months now and I love it. It looks gorgeous. But I've noticed that the panel will shut off when the signal on the input is all dark, and then flick back one once something comes on.

This is incredibly noticeable on credits, for instance, when they fade to complete black in between slides, so to speak. Is this indicative of too high a brightness setting? This is of course most noticeable in a dark room, but is problematic even when it's not pitch black in the room. Is this just how this panel is, or should I be able to tweak it into submission?

Bonus question: Does the damn TV really not clear the source menu when you use just the source button to switch sources? It looks like I have to press enter to clear the menu, or else it remains FOREVER.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-19-2010, 06:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I was really bothered by this as well. I learned by reading the forums here that you had to make sure all energy saving and eco modes were off. However, this did not work for me, but through tinkering I found that a brightness of around 60 and up would stop my set from shutting off in dark scenes. I tried multiple configurations with cell light and such and the only way I could get my panel to stop was to up the brightness. Hope that helps.

KP

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page