Child proofing a plasma / plexiglass or tempered glass tv shield - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 62 Old 03-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Sooo, if you've seen some of the magicaly broken Samsung screen pictures you know that you can hit the outside glass and break the inside panel.

I'm not sure how another screen in front of the front screen will help if this is possible.

Hopefully the plastice of plexi will soak up any impact enough though.

buytme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 Old 03-11-2012, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As long as there are more than 2 people on a forum, there will be disputes and thats part of the fun.

Some folks buy their kids a Maybach, or and let them eat fries in the Lambo..

Others dont' let people fart in their car (I know one person that had this rule)..

So a person's values converge on things in life.

For me - its "manage the weaknesses immediately, then enjoy".

So for new things, part of my excitement is reading up on its weaknesses and then remediating them. It's a man-machine thing, and also its how I get to know and take care of the new thing - be it an old Benz, Kitchen Aid mixer, phone, and now a 59" plasma..

So for our case ( and 2 kids ) - lets see - replace a CRT brick with a large sensitive fragile $1000+ plate of thin glass. Then expect the kids ( and any of their visiting friends ) to not make a mistake around it.

First thing my 2.5yo hopping jumping little boy said is "ipad - ipad" and went and touched it - the plaz was out of the box what - 5 minutes??

And he has appmates - you know - those cars that are put ON the surface and scraped around the ipad that has much stronger glass.

Just like somegeek, doing the plexiglas thing - until then I unfolded the base of the box and tucked in the TV last night - duct taped the cardboard to the TV.

So last summer at a brother-in-law's, kids were playing swords with the vacuum cleaner tubes - they went upstairs to the playroom that has a large Bravia.. I went up a few minutes later - a kid was banging on the Bravia with the tube - I assume enjoying all the flickering rainbow colors that were on the screen.

Then my brother recently lost one to a kid with a wiimote.

Its a no brainer for me. I don't care if the PQ is affected, I still want a P after 3 years..
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page